If you could choose... (1 Viewer)

oucho

..between automatic promotion in second place, and a day out at Wembley for the play-off final...what would you pick?

OK this is a hypothetical choice that couldn't exist in reality, but would be interesting to see how highly valued a Wembley trip is, v auto promotion (not as champs)....

Danceswithhorses

Promotion=certainty
Play offs =uncertainty
Has to be promotion every time.

On current form though, we sadly won't have to worry about that kind of problem.

chiefdave

Automatic. As much as I'd love a day out at Wembley with City its a terrifying prospect. Does the team that hammered Bury and Gills turn up or the team from the last two games?

oucho

Promotion=certainty
Play offs =uncertainty

Sorry just to be clear....I didn't mean "auto-promotion or playoffs" - I meant let's assume the play-off semis don't exist, you have a choice of either
1 - auto-promotion in second place or
2 - day out at Wembley for the final

Otis

Promotion=certainty
Play offs =uncertainty

On current form though, we sadly won't have to worry about that kind of problem.
Yep. Best reword it.

Automatics

Play-offs

Mid table mediocrity

Or

Relegation dog fight.

Could be any of them. ;)

I know we only need 1 more win to be safe, but there's still 13 games to go. Could easily lose them all on current form. ;)

Danceswithhorses

Sorry just to be clear....I didn't mean "auto-promotion or playoffs" - I meant let's assume the play-off semis don't exist, you have a choice of either
1 - auto-promotion in second place or
2 - day out at Wembley for the final
same answer-a play off final is like tossing a coin for promotion

Samo

..between automatic promotion in second place, and a day out at Wembley for the play-off final...what would you pick?

OK this is a hypothetical choice that couldn't exist in reality, but would be interesting to see how highly valued a Wembley trip is, v auto promotion (not as champs)....

A... all day, every time... why on earth would you gamble?

ajsccfc

As much as I'd like a big day out, I'd take the spot in the Championship first and foremost.

steveecov

Failure this year might mean we don't get another chance for years. Won't affect current players as much as it will the fans.

Hcut PUSB

Automatic no brainer really, I would love to go to Wembley with the city I was in Northern Ireland in 87 so never got the opportunity day but that's cup football this would have so much riding on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torchomatic

Automatic. Pointless having a lovely day out if we end up losing.

Otis

We did, but a week is a long time in football ....

Or is that politics?

I think someone is going to keep doing a thread every week until I change my mind.

stevefloyd

Its all a cunning plan to stay in the pkay offs.... give a few bad results away to make sure you dont get automatic promotion because the play offs are more lucrative

stupot07

Automatic promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Id much prefer avoid the lottery of a play off / final. You never know what team is going to turn up for Us or the opposition!

Our team V Bury - be brilliant. Imagine that at Wembley to gain promotion.

Our team V Barnsley on Tuesday? Sod that!! Be nothing worse getting that far and be embarrassed off the pitch! Would ruin everything we have done this season in 90 minutes!

That said, I think the most we can hope for is the play offs. Once again we've gone our inconsistent ways and think auto's will be just out of reach

rob9872

Can't believe this hasn't been asked before....

Johnnythespider

Last week before two defeats this was relevant, but now it's play offs or nowt as the auto's are gone.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Otis

Last week before two defeats this was relevant, but now it's play offs or nowt as the auto's are gone.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
They are. We need to forget about the auto's and just concentrate on cementing our place in the top 6.

Users who are viewing this thread