If we've got money to spend (1 Viewer)

rob9872

The best news we could have would be secure Vik and Gus on new deals, use the funds to make them the highest paid in our history. They might not accept, but unfinished business. Ohare and Palmer fit, Sheaf and Eccles massively better a year on, some new loan defenders and next time we go up.

Might be unrealistic but a clause to say they can move next year. Vik needs to be playing before the world cup not bench warming anywhere that he needs to prove himself.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

The best news we could have would be secure Vik and Gus on new deals, use the funds to make them the highest paid in our history. They might not accept, but unfinished business. Ohare and Palmer fit, Sheaf and Eccles massively better a year on, some new loan defenders and next time we go up.

Might be unrealistic but a clause to say they can move next year. Vik needs to be playing before the world cup not bench warming anywhere that he needs to prove himself.

I would be amazed if we kept either of them to be honest. I also worry a bit that Palmer is just destined to remain unfit and that could be a big problem next season. On the positive side, even if we lose Hamer and Gyokeres we should have a healthy budget to spread around the squad. When we have spent 'significant' sums on players they have tended to work out so i think there's reason to remain positive, even if noting how huge the taks is in the summer now.

rob9872

They’re both moving on. Take the cash, wish them well, and invest in a more balanced squad.
I accept you're probably right but would give everyone a massive lift right now and head into the summer more positively.

long way home

No point in hoping for a different outcome on Vik and Gus. This summer and next season will be the hardest job MR will have but yet it will be his most stable footing the club has been since his return.

So he has the foundation has decent players but will need to find multiple replacements for the exit of not only 2 stars but multiple loan players that will not return. Vik we need 2 fw to replace him and 2 other positions filling with quality signings. Hamer again we need 2 quality signings in other positions..

3-CB-2 perm 1 loan
1-LWB perm
2-RWB 1 perm 1 loan
2- FW- 2 perm

We will use the loan market again but will need to be less reliant on it for starters. Good luck to Vik and Hamer both be welcomed back and should have the blessing of all of us for the standard they brought to our club.

Greggs

Not sure what's happened to this account the last couple of weeks, I remember when it used to be funny.
To be honest I have been stressed as fuck the last few weeks and only using this place as an outlet. Couldn't really give a fuck what you think though.

Garlana86

Got a feeling Vik is going to move abroad maybe closer to home, if that's the case the assumption is we likely get less money for him (hopefully not).

Garlana86

To be honest I have been stressed as fuck the last few weeks and only using this place as an outlet. Couldn't really give a fuck what you think though.
Haha yeh this place as certainly been a good place to brain dump. I've certainly said a fair few things over the last month that have shown how pessimistic I can be.

stay_up_skyblues

Got a feeling Vik is going to move abroad maybe closer to home, if that's the case the assumption is we likely get less money for him (hopefully not).

Nah, Premier League bound I reckon. Gus on the other hand I could see moving to a “lesser” top tier league to be closer to, or in, the Netherlands.

JulianDarbyFTW

I've accepted that Gus and Vic are going. No point thinking otherwise, and means I'll just be pleasantly surprised if they stay.

My biggest worry is that we have a new recruitment team - who knows if they're able enough to spot the gems like the last lot were (although they did recruit some right duffers too).

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s quite likely we need to sell Vik and Hamer to fund the rebuild we’ve got for this summer. If I had to keep one of them, it’s got to Hamer as he’s really stepped up in the business end of the season.

If we trust the process, I can’t see why we cannot build up over the next 2-3 seasons to really challenge!

theferret

What money? We've only got money to spend IF they leave. This makes no sense.

SkyblueTexan

I think it is very likely we lose Vik as he's already made his intentions clear in the past about playing in the EPL. Fair play to him, but judging by how his goal output has dwindled in the last few weeks, I think we should cash in on him now when we can still get the max possible fee. As for Hamer, I feel he has a closer connection to the team and think in many ways he's more important than Vik to keep a hold of. If we can somehow convince Hamer to stay (make him the highest paid at the club), get rid of deadwood, re-invest the proceeds from Vik's sale and get a few quality loans in, we could really be challenging for a more sustained playoff push or better next season.

Flying Fokker

They are a premier league club. Of course he would go
Like I say, bigger clubs. I’m thinking the likes of Villa, Spurs, Everton, Weat Ham. City can’t afford to lose him for nothing. I‘d look at extending his contract and pay him some of the money we pocket for Gyokyres. The chances of that happening are low.

Dickie

Nah, Premier League bound I reckon. Gus on the other hand I could see moving to a “lesser” top tier league to be closer to, or in, the Netherlands.
I agree, Vik would probably go to a Leeds or Everton type club, if they stay up, maybe West Ham, I really hope neither goes to Luton 🤣

AngryAnt

I think it is very likely we lose Vik as he's already made his intentions clear in the past about playing in the EPL. Fair play to him, but judging by how his goal output has dwindled in the last few weeks, I think we should cash in on him now when we can still get the max possible fee. As for Hamer, I feel he has a closer connection to the team and think in many ways he's more important than Vik to keep a hold of. If we can somehow convince Hamer to stay (make him the highest paid at the club), get rid of deadwood, re-invest the proceeds from Vik's sale and get a few quality loans in, we could really be challenging for a more sustained playoff push or better next season.

Very much agree with Vik going, he's pretty much made this clear, even when Wilson ribs him, you can see it in his face that he's off.

Hamer I'm with you on too, I agree he feels connected to the team, it's evident with every move and badge thump. I'll be gutted if he goes and feel that MR/King need to pull out all the stops for him as he's the lifeblood of the team. We're a shadow without him at the moment.

mark82

I'm not that bothered about Vik going. Don't get me wrong, he's been brilliant for us, but don't think he's irreplaceable. Gus I'll be really sad to see go (if he does). He's what makes us tick. Only got to look at yesterday.

rob9872

What money? We've only got money to spend IF they leave. This makes no sense.
Doug said he'd move faster than SISU so assume some funds. We've had funds from play offs. Surely there's 4 or 5 mill knocking about which means 30k per week for both not unaffordable.

pusbccfc

Godden and Taveres up top against Leeds in the first game of the season will be funny

Users who are viewing this thread