If we've got money to spend (1 Viewer)

theferret

That's not true. 15% of every game is significant amounts of money when 2 attendances were 30,000 and another 48,000.

Not really. We got 12.5% and for our home play off game, and allowing for concessions and less VAT, that was about £70,000. I'm willing to accept up to £1 million in total, but players would have had big bonuses. Won't be more than that.

rob9872

Not really. We got 12.5% and for our home play off game, and allowing for concessions and less VAT, that was about £70,000. I'm willing to accept up to £1 million in total, but players would have had big bonuses. Won't be more than that.

Semi final all 4 teams share all 4 gates. Usually a deal from the winner to the loser in the final for gate receipts. Also will have been tv money and some merchandise programmes food and beer. Will be min £2m I'd think.

rob9872

Heard loser takes Wembley gate receipts. Not sure how true that is.
Often a gentleman's handshake between 2 clubs. No idea if we did but with 2 clubs relying on small budgets I'd be surprised if it wasn't in place.

pusbccfc

Players would have had bonuses for promotion, I'd be shocked if they had them for the Play Offs.

It's been widely reported on here that the loser gains about £7m in solidarity payments

theferret

Players would have had bonuses for promotion, I'd be shocked if they had them for the Play Offs.

It's been widely reported on here that the loser gains about £7m in solidarity payments

The solidarity payments all teams get, it is not extra. Players will have definitely received bonuses for making play offs and then progressing to final.

Even with any monies the play offs generated (far less than people are saying), we'll still make a loss this season.

Amy money for transfers will need to come from sales.

pusbccfc

The solidarity payments all teams get, it is not extra. Players will have definitely received bonuses for making play offs and then progressing to final.

Even with any monies the play offs generated (far less than people are saying), we'll still make a loss this season.

Amy money for transfers will need to come from sales.

Until Vik and Hamer leave...

bigfatronssba

I’d be wary about making any individual “the best paid in our history”

Can’t help but think it would destroy the unity in our squad.

SkyblueTexan

I’d be wary about making any individual “the best paid in our history”

Can’t help but think it would destroy the unity in our squad.
I have no qualms about paying top wages for Hamer. Neither should the rest of the squad. He’s been our best player since he came here. It’s not like Waghorn who’s currently the highest paid player (I think) and is clearly not worth it. We need to reward those who are deserving and renegotiate terms or cut our losses with the others.

Users who are viewing this thread