If we win tonight........ (6 Viewers)

Hugh Jarse

.........how may of the NOPM brigade are going to be clamouring for Wembley tickets?

Otis

Let them.

If it brings them back into the fold, then great.

If they are coming just for the one game, then I can't see why that is a problem either.

People on here say they are NOPM. If I saw them at Wembley I wouldn't know them from Adam.

stevefloyd

Let them.

If it brings them back into the fold, then great.

If they are coming just for the one game, then I can't see why that is a problem either.

People on here say they are NOPM. If I saw them at Wembley I wouldn't know them from Adam.
Who's Adam?

Sky Blue Kid

If we win tonight.... I wonder how many of those that DIDN'T go to Sixfields will be clamouring for tickets to Wembley?
After all they are the "Super Fans" aren't they?

Esoterica

.........how may of the NOPM brigade are going to be clamouring for Wembley tickets?
How anyone can begrudge any of our fans a trip to Wembley (NOPM, Sixfielders or people who have simply become disengaged with our club) is beyond me. We're a group of football fans with one common cause who have been trampled all over, lied to, ignored and taken for granted for a very long time now.
Put your personal bitterness to one side and remember the butterflies you use to get as a kid at Highfield Road when you walked up the stairs and got the first glimpse of your heroes knocking the ball around on the brilliant green grass. That's what all this is about.
A trip to Wembley might save us as a club and I don't mean money or owners now - when they're gone, and one day they will be gone, all that may be left is the fans. A trip to the capital in the recent memory, together with 25000 fellow fans, might just be the difference between a few extra thousand of us keeping their love of CCFC on life support and not saying goodbye for good.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Hmmmm.

I'm *not* NOPM, but try as I might I just can't get excited about this competition, nor a trip to Wembley in it.

It's a low rent, C list dirge which has ridiculous B team rules introduced, and it's a nothing game, that means nothing - demeaning the national stadium, and the great memories and the great achievements of 1987.

Not going tonight, not even sure if I'd drag myself to a final.

If others disagree then knock themselves out, but can't see or feel the excitement myself - it's all a fraud to me.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Hmmmm.

I'm *not* NOPM, but try as I might I just can't get excited about this competition, nor a trip to Wembley in it.

It's a low rent, C list dirge which has ridiculous B team rules introduced, and it's a nothing game, that means nothing - demeaning the national stadium, and the great memories and the great achievements of 1987.

If others disagree then knock themselves out, but can't see or feel the excitement myself - it's all a fraud to me.

Pretty much sums my feelings up NW......I truly hope we win so my fellow long suffering supporters get a trip to wembley.......but I personally cannot muster any enthusiasm towards this comp......its all just meh....

.....to be fair, I think this reflects my ever growing hatred towards all things football......

.....that said.....I'll be at Boundary Park on Saturday to watch our relegation be all but confirmed.....

Astute

Hmmmm.

If we reach the final I will be there. But more for my 7 year old lad than anything. I wanted to be at the game tonight but can't make it because of work. That would have been to show him what a home game without most of the ground being empty. The only time he sees that is at away games. Tinpot trophy? To him it will be like the FA cup to us.

Hugh Jarse

How anyone can begrudge any of our fans a trip to Wembley (NOPM, Sixfielders or people who have simply become disengaged with our club) is beyond me.

I certainly don't begrudge any long suffering CCFC fan a trip to Wembley. I was lucky to be at Wembley in '87 and it was the best day I've had as a CCFC fan.

The point I was trying to make, not eloquently enough, was that the NOPM hypocrites will be banging on the ticket office door along with everyone else.

Sky Blue Kid

I certainly don't begrudge any long suffering CCFC fan a trip to Wembley. I was lucky to be at Wembley in '87 and it was the best day I've had as a CCFC fan.

The point I was trying to make, not eloquently enough, was that the NOPM hypocrites will be banging on the ticket office door along with everyone else.
Will I????

Garryb80

The pinnacle of any fan surely is to see your team at wembley. I was 6 in 87 and so have dreamed from them that i get to see my team there. I dont care how or why but to see city at wembley is my dream

ceetee

As long as ST holders get first dibs then good luck to them.

AVWskyblue

Hmmmm.

It's still CCFC, yes our club has slipped down the rankings yet this is a cup that is suited to our lower status, to not support it is in some ways football snobbery

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Covstu

I think at the end of the day those who attend will get priority (or should do) and therefore shouldn't have an issue getting Wembley tickets, if there are spare tickets beyond that then anyone can snap them up. What we cannot have is a game which is constantly disrupted by protests etc during the 90 mins.

Astute

The pinnacle of any fan surely is to see your team at wembley. I was 6 in 87 and so have dreamed from them that i get to see my team there. I dont care how or why but to see city at wembley is my dream
There are a few bonuses of being an old twat like me :)

Otis

FFS I'm a season ticket holder but have no problem with anyone going to Wembley. We all love city and want the best for the club. We just have different views of how to get the club up the leagues.

We've got to STOP dividing ourselves.
Yep. Last week it was just me and now there are 8 of us.

Sbarcher

Last year Oxford took 40,000 to the final with an average home gate of 7,200. Even though Oxford are on an upward curve, I would hope we could better this.

Gosford Green

Totally underwhelmed, we looked awful Saturday and I can not see us raising our game tonight against a bunch of bruisers that are Wycombe.

1-3 we score first.

coop

Not bothered let everyone enjoy it if we get there but can't see us scoring and stopping them so don't expect us to win but looking forward to the game.

bringbackrattles

The Beast must be worried facing some skinny defenders tonight.The guys a monster so how we cope with him is anybody's guess.Other than that !

honestken

who gives a shit? im nopm but iv still been to most of the games this season.

my dad has only been to 2 games since we moved to the ricoh but if we win tonight I will be getting him a ticket for wembley if he wants to go.

Users who are viewing this thread