If we were to be promoted (1 Viewer)

Johnrambo

Why talk about going up ? We are not Liverpoolfans are we? They talk about winning PL year after year even when they finish 7 or 8 the year before.

Otis

We do keep talking about winning things. Especially about winning Jack Shit. We have retained that trophy for over 20 years.

valiant15

Try telling certain posters on here that. It makes my laugh how they cream their pants after 2 wins against nothing clubs,shows how far we've fallen i suppose. If I've learnt something as a city fan,its expect nothing,we've been kicked in the bollocks far to often.

Otis

Try telling certain posters on here that. It makes my laugh how they cream their pants after 2 wins against nothing clubs,shows how far we've fallen i suppose. If I've learnt something as a city fan,its expect nothing,we've been kicked in the bollocks far to often.

That's why I tuck mine away nicely in a little metal sack for protection.

One day soon I hope to bring them down off the mantlepiece and invite the neighbours round.

covcity4life

noone is creaming themselves though

they are just open to the idea of a promotion push

in my case i have been saying it since day 1,even during the thorn/shaw debacle.

ashbyjan

Two wins and we're getting automatic promotion - two defeats and we are certain for relegation......at present we are on a decent run, moving in the right direction and long may it continue but lets not over react to every result, good or bad. Currently we are still below mid table, closer to relegation than promotion but moving up the table but that's all so lets get over excited one way or the other in April not every week.

covcity4life

Two wins and we're getting automatic promotion - two defeats and we are certain for relegation......at present we are on a decent run, moving in the right direction and long may it continue but lets not over react to every result, good or bad. Currently we are still below mid table, closer to relegation than promotion but moving up the table but that's all so lets get over excited one way or the other in April not every week.

noone is

once again any who thinks promotion is a possibility is made out to be clueless.

stupot07

Well said that man.

dongonzalos

I think most people are happy about our performance over 11 games, that has taken us to third in the form table. Not just the emphatic away wins over hartlepool and Colchester.

Sick Boy

And thats why we shouldnt be like them. After 2 wins..

We have been the Liverpool of the lower leagues for quite a while now. There is even a conspiracy against us within the media and other clubs get preferential treatment over us.

Grendel

I think most people are happy about our performance over 11 games, that has taken us to third in the form table. Not just the emphatic away wins over hartlepool and Colchester.

I don't think anyone is saying that they are not happy but some have a more measured response. There are some cautious things to consider;

- Home form still not resolved (not a big one)
- We potentially lose several key players in January (a massive issue) and people who say McDonald can substitute for McGoldrick and Barton or Fleck for Bailey are dilusional
- Most wins against poor teams - only MK Dons is a top team
- Though the squad is big it is low on quality and we are reliant on several players maintaining fitness. Look at the early games when we had players like Barton, McDonald, Ball, Brown and Kilbane. Those players are not players to get promotion.

So happy enough but realistic.

McG is important, our most important player, but, in our last 3 games, he's scored 2 goals, 1 pen, so his importance is somewhat lessened over the last few games, we have goals elsewhere, admittedly, not a very reliable source (ATM), I think Cody could come good if McG chooses not to stay.

I'd love it if we done a S'hampton or Norwich, just unlikely.
I hate to say it but Cody isnt up to Goldie's standard. he's adecnt strike rbut he's not a 20 goal per season striker like Goldie. We need that sort of player on our books. Yes we have goals coming out of our ears at the moment, but he's a very important player.And i CAN see us going to ther PL eventually, but next season probs wont be our time, but if we keep up this self belief and quality of football, i think we can eventually get back there

shmmeee

I don't think anyone is saying that they are not happy but some have a more measured response. There are some cautious things to consider;

- We potentially lose several key players in January (a massive issue) and people who say McDonald can substitute for McGoldrick and Barton or Fleck for Bailey are dilusional
- Though the squad is big it is low on quality and we are reliant on several players maintaining fitness. Look at the early games when we had players like Barton, McDonald, Ball, Brown and Kilbane. Those players are not players to get promotion.

I think Thomas can do a job for Bailey, maybe even better, and should be fit by then. Another couple of loanees to replace the ones we've got and we're looking OK.

WRT the rest, tomorrow is a massive test of our recent progress win and we might start to see several of your complaints start to disappear. Lose and it's same old City.

Mucca Mad Boys

I hate to say it but Cody isnt up to Goldie's standard. he's adecnt strike rbut he's not a 20 goal per season striker like Goldie. We need that sort of player on our books. Yes we have goals coming out of our ears at the moment, but he's a very important player.And i CAN see us going to ther PL eventually, but next season probs wont be our time, but if we keep up this self belief and quality of football, i think we can eventually get back there

I said he could come good, (I should've made it clear) but not as good as McG, he is the best striker in L1 hands down and will be top goalscorer if he stays with us, about 27 odd goals.

Grendel

I said he could come good, (I should've made it clear) but not as good as McG, he is the best striker in L1 hands down and will be top goalscorer if he stays with us, about 27 odd goals.

Whereas McDonald would struggle to get in a local pub team -- though he looks like he spends a fair bit of time in the pub.

Mucca Mad Boys

Home form - we'll see if it is improving over the next 2 games
I think McG is the biggest worry, although I'm fairly optimistic of our chance of keeping him, Bailey, v Good, but Thomas could replace him.
Barton, last two games has been good, very good goal and beauty of a pass to McG, McG's finish supplemented the pass well!
Ball, struggles to get on the bench, Brown, he still at Cov? (Sarcastic question because he doesn't feature anymore) and Kilbane, shit, but way down the pecking order thankfully. I disagree on Barton and MR agrees with me on this one.
Fleck is important for set plays.

Grendel

Home form - we'll see if it is improving over the next 2 games
I think McG is the biggest worry, although I'm fairly optimistic of our chance of keeping him, Bailey, v Good, but Thomas could replace him.
Barton, last two games has been good, very good goal and beauty of a pass to McG, McG's finish supplemented the pass well!
Ball, struggles to get on the bench, Brown, he still at Cov? (Sarcastic question because he doesn't feature anymore) and Kilbane, shit, but way down the pecking order thankfully. I disagree on Barton and MR agrees with me on this one.
Fleck is important for set plays.

Barton has been introduced when the game is already won. Check our record when he starts games. He is poor. He is not a first choice under Robins and rightly so.
Thomas is still an unknown quanity and his form could drop drastically -- look at Clarke.
Fleck lacks fitness and cannot deliver over 90 minutes.

georgehudson

whilst under no illusion of grandeur, i would hope that the possibility of promotion is a realistic target,
this, however, has to be accepted at the top of the pyramid,
subsequent failures to sign players will be taken by the majority as a lack of will to succeed,
winning will put bums on seats,
as for earlier threads with reference to top teams,
my opinion of those who follow those, is harsh, but i think they were ignored as children,
and thus crave acceptance by their peers

SkyBlue_Bear83

Keeping or replacing Mcgoldrick is vital to our chances, apart from him the rest of our strikers are average in this league and average isn't going to get us very far up the table

Users who are viewing this thread