If we were to be promoted (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
and the Villa get relegated......... Hmmmmmmm..... ;)

ricohman

Id worry that if we were to get promoted we wouldnt be good enough to stay up. Gotta remember that half or most of our team are loanee's

Sky Blue Sheepy

Bit early to be using that word, but SISU get an extra £3-4m in the kitty. You'd hope some of that could be used to strengthen. Still think some of our owned players have a lot to offer too - Fleck, Barton and Moussa esp. (assuming he signs long term). Oh and Murphy has looked outstanding this season too. Edj appears to be adapting well. There is hope!

Warwickhunt

Dream on! I had a:facepalm: dream that I won the Euro lottery as well

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
With all these people dreaming of winning the Euro Lottery, I don't think I'll bother doing it this week! Too many to share with! :D

We've won 5 out of our last 6 games. We're going in the right direction. But there's one man who holds the future of Coventry City in his hand. David McGoldrick. I hate to say it but i cant see us getting promoted without him. We've gone from 23rd to 15th int he last couple of weeks so that shows Robins is changing things. But ask yourself this. Where are we going to get our goals from if Goldie leaves? If we sign him, he have a great chance of getting into the play-offs, maybe even 2nd place. I cant see us winning the league, but if we keep this form going, i can see us returning to where we belong, after a season in the Championship lol. Hey, if Norwich and Southampton did it, why not us?

Bigelvesy

I had a £5 on us to win the league at 66/1 and £10 on us to be promoted at 16/1
Think that was whilst shaw was in charge, possibly after the shrewsbury game.
So yes, id very much like us to go up,
Especially as champions as then i win both (unlikely but still dreaming)

Mucca Mad Boys

We've won 5 out of our last 6 games. We're going in the right direction. But there's one man who holds the future of Coventry City in his hand. David McGoldrick. I hate to say it but i cant see us getting promoted without him. We've gone from 23rd to 15th int he last couple of weeks so that shows Robins is changing things. But ask yourself this. Where are we going to get our goals from if Goldie leaves? If we sign him, he have a great chance of getting into the play-offs, maybe even 2nd place. I cant see us winning the league, but if we keep this form going, i can see us returning to where we belong, after a season in the Championship lol. Hey, if Norwich and Southampton did it, why not us?

McG is important, our most important player, but, in our last 3 games, he's scored 2 goals, 1 pen, so his importance is somewhat lessened over the last few games, we have goals elsewhere, admittedly, not a very reliable source (ATM), I think Cody could come good if McG chooses not to stay.

I'd love it if we done a S'hampton or Norwich, just unlikely.

valiant15

We will never do a southampton or norwich. They have owners who actually care about the football club,we have sisu.Cody to come good? He's garbage,get rid and put his wages towards goldie.

Mucca Mad Boys

We will never do a southampton or norwich. They have owners who actually care about the football club,we have sisu.Cody to come good? He's garbage,get rid and put his wages towards goldie.

Cody is a L1 standard Chitarito IMO, needs to be given chance to score. McG is more complete. Doesn't make Cody garbage, he needs players to create, I think he'd do well with 2 full backs who are good at crossing as he scores a fair few headers.

Oh, and you forget about the fans who don't bother to turn up, their money would go towards McG, but you forget that, probably because you are one of the boycotters.

Last edited:

covcity4life

you also said we were shit and wouldnt go on a run of wins.........:whistle:

valiant15

I've had a season ticket since 96 taylor so fuck you. Why do you think the vast majority of the people of coventry don't bother with the club? We've won 2 on the spin ccfc4l,start your stupid thread up again if we win the next 2 on the spin.

Mucca Mad Boys

I've had a season ticket since 96 taylor so feck you. Why do you think the vast majority of the people of coventry don't bother with the club? We've won 2 on the spin ccfc4l,start your stupid thread up again if we win the next 2 on the spin.

No need to throw the rattle out of the pram! :jerkit: the vast majority of people in Cov support top 4 teams, well the old top 4 anyway.

Your such a miserable old hit you sound like one of the boycotters who ring the radio to moan about a match they didn't see, who make the most pathetic of excuses not to go. In short, you don't give a good impression.

stupot07

McG is important, our most important player, but, in our last 3 games, he's scored 2 goals, 1 pen, so his importance is somewhat lessened over the last few games, we have goals elsewhere, admittedly, not a very reliable source (ATM), I think Cody could come good if McG chooses not to stay.

I'd love it if we done a S'hampton or Norwich, just unlikely.

McG may have only scored 1 from open play in the last couple of games but his inportance hasn't lessened, his mere presence, ability and form means teams are trying to stop him dragging defenders too him which is creating space for others. He can also hold up play and bring others into play.

Mucca Mad Boys

McG may have only scored 1 from open play in the last couple of games but his inportance hasn't lessened, his mere presence, ability and form means teams are trying to stop him dragging defenders too him which is creating space for others. He can also hold up play and bring others into play.

Of course, but people are missing the point, the point is there are goals elsewhere, and he is no longer our only goalscoring output.

stupot07

Of course, but people are missing the point, the point is there are goals elsewhere, and he is no longer our only goalscoring output.

No but he is still important and none of our other strikers would create that space for others, we wouldn't create as many chances and therefore less opportunities for others to score.

Mucca Mad Boys

No but he is still important and none of our other strikers would create that space for others, we wouldn't create as many chances and therefore less opportunities for others to score.

I didn't say otherwise...

covcity4life

I've had a season ticket since 96 taylor so fuck you. Why do you think the vast majority of the people of coventry don't bother with the club? We've won 2 on the spin ccfc4l,start your stupid thread up again if we win the next 2 on the spin.

i fear you are too stupid to read

i said it was possible not that it would definetly happen

the fact we won 4 shows that it was indeed a plausable idea.

you dont need to apologise though.;)

valiant15

I couldn't give a toss what impression you have of me and no i don't listen to the phone in. I remember when I was 18,i thought i knew everything to.

Mucca Mad Boys

I couldn't give a toss what impression you have of me and no i don't listen to the phone in. I remember when I was 18,i thought i knew everything to.

I'm saying you should care, but that is, nonetheless, the impression you give.

valiant15

Why would i appologise to you? You started a rediculous thread after we won 2 games,you then became abusive and aggresive to people who disagreed with you. Are you going up saturday ccfc4l or are you in your armchair as usual?

covcity4life

Why would i appologise to you? You started a rediculous thread after we won 2 games,you then became abusive and aggresive to people who disagreed with you. Are you going up saturday ccfc4l or are you in your armchair as usual?

have already told you how many games i have been to and no i wont be there saturday as im on a stag weekend, will be back for tuesdays game however

please try to remember the answers people give you rather than repeat your boring jibes

also my "rediculous" thread wasnt so ridiculous after all was it? its ok your young,lots to learn about cov yet

covcity4life

because i work some saturdays,thus i buy x2 12 match flexible match tickets. make sense yet?

once again you still dont understand that thread, what year you in?

Users who are viewing this thread