If we went down.... (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

To be clear I don't think we will go down nor do I want that. However what would Sisu do in that situation? Knowing our luck they would simply cut out budget and order a reduction in stadium size to about 5 thousand.

I can't see them going or winding us up. Do we think they might go?

The Gentleman

To be honest, would going down really be that bad for us? Is League 1 really that different to League 2? To me, we are in the shit and whether that is in League 1 or 2 I don't think it would make me feel any worse than I already do.

stupot07

To be honest, would going down really be that bad for us? Is League 1 really that different to League 2? To me, we are in the shit and whether that is in League 1 or 2 I don't think it would make me feel any worse than I already do.

And baker will find his level :p

mark82

Biggest issue with going down is some of the young players we would lose. Wilson & the like.

The Gentleman

Biggest issue with going down is some of the young players we would lose. Wilson & the like.

I think we would lose some of the older ones too. How scary a thought is that bearing in mind the FFP situation and the current and transfer policy?

DaleM

To be fair , at the start of all this shit , a few of us chatting in the pub agreed that we could end up doing a "Luton" and dropping into obscurity.
It is looking more likely to happen now than it did then .

Sterling Archer

Going down would be great because it means we'll get to go on a [insert league here] tour and visit new grounds and win loads more games than we normally do.
.... said some Coventry City fans in 2001 and 2012.

The local derby with Nuneaton could be rather interesting. At least we'll have some genuine local rivals at last.

mrtrench

SISU isn't in this for the football - it's just hanging on until it can force ACL to go bankrupt. Crowds wouldn't really decrease, but they'd be able to sell off some players and cut the wage bill. I would think they would be happy.

Noggin

Going down would be great because it means we'll get to go on a [insert league here] tour and visit new grounds and win loads more games than we normally do.
.... said some Coventry City fans in 2001 and 2012.

The local derby with Nuneaton could be rather interesting. At least we'll have some genuine local rivals at last.

To be fair we have won alot more games in league 1 and if our owners weren't trying to sabotage ourselves at every opportunity we'd have had playoffs both years, quite possibly had a trip to wembley and have a very healthy crowd level for this league as well as being in a much better position financially.

Noggin

SISU isn't in this for the football - it's just hanging on until it can force ACL to go bankrupt. Crowds wouldn't really decrease, but they'd be able to sell off some players and cut the wage bill. I would think they would be happy.

I think crowds would half, northampton are in very good form at the moment so look surprisingly like they might stay up, we'd be in the same league so would lose most of the neutrals they provide, we'd lose the much bigger away crowds, we'll lose those people who went at the start of the season, loved the attractive high scoring football and brought season tickets but are now sick of the situation. The novelty and curiosity has warn off. I'd bet there would be some sub 1k crowds once winter set in.

Unfortunately I feel the wage budget is going to be cut and we'll be selling off who we can weather or not we get relegated.

covcity4life

continue to fund the club whilst fighting council

AT LEAST WE WOULD SMASH LEAGUE 2

LEAGUE 2 ON TOUR BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Sbarcher

I think we should try and keep "the like", he is a good prospect.

Sterling Archer

To be fair we have won alot more games in league 1 and if our owners weren't trying to sabotage ourselves at every opportunity we'd have had playoffs both years, quite possibly had a trip to wembley and have a very healthy crowd level for this league as well as being in a much better position financially.

Interesting use of the word "sabotage". You don't genuinely think SISU want us to NOT get promoted do you?

Also, I disagree with your points about play offs and a trip to Wembley. The players bottled that Crewe home leg in spectacular fashion and with regards to the play offs:
(a) You've still only got a 25% chance (at a basic level) of getting promoted once you are in them and;
(b) Its a hell of an assumption to think we'd be successful based on very little.

covcity4life

sabotage = balancing wage bill

no sabotage= points deductions

tumblr_me6lgbvEMI1rg1i0co1_500.gif

Noggin

Interesting use of the word "sabotage". You don't genuinely think SISU want us to NOT get promoted do you?

Also, I disagree with your points about play offs and a trip to Wembley. The players bottled that Crewe home leg in spectacular fashion and with regards to the play offs:
(a) You've still only got a 25% chance (at a basic level) of getting promoted once you are in them and;
(b) Its a hell of an assumption to think we'd be successful based on very little.

No I don't think sisu don't want us to get promoted (ie I do think they want promotion), I absolutely positively stand by the word sabotage though, what else can you call costing yourself millions and millions in revenue to save a tiny fraction of that?

I didn't say we'd have got promoted though, I'm fully aware only 1 of 4 teams get promoted, though 2 of 4 teams get a trip to wembley. So that combined with the fact the Crewe game could well have been different had there not have been so many off the pitch distractions (including a robins who may have decided he wanted out at this point) means that quite possibly (the words I used) had a trip to wembley is a fair description.

We have been successful, both seasons we've been around the playoff positions so it's not much of an assumption at all to say we'd likely have made it had our owners actually been backing the club instead of purposefully hurting it for their own ends.

You were criticising people who wanted relegation to league 1 and said we'd win lots of games, I was just pointing out to be fair we have won a lot more games than we would have in the championship. It's also not fair to say those people who were optimistic and excited about the first season in league 1 wanted relegation.

Noggin

sabotage = balancing wage bill

no sabotage= points deductions

tumblr_me6lgbvEMI1rg1i0co1_500.gif

the points deduction was sabotage, by sisu. they chose not to pay the rent and the consequences from that are completely on them.

What do you think they have balanced the wage bill with? They have decimated (intentionally) our revenue to the point of it being impossible to balance the wages against.

italiahorse

the points deduction was sabotage, by sisu. they chose not to pay the rent and the consequences from that are completely on them.

I agree with that.
The rent was too high (by agreement) but a lot of peoples bills are too high, that's life and you have to work around it.
I would have preferred SISU too tell ACL there issues publicly and see if ACL/SISU could work it out over time.

However I suspect SISU plan has always been to get the Ricoh Arena on the cheap.

John_Silletts_Nose

This is a response that I'd agree with on this thread although I don't think they would be happy, "indifference" is probably closest to the SISU view.

stupot07

I agree with that.
The rent was too high (by agreement) but a lot of peoples bills are too high, that's life and you have to work around it.
I would have preferred SISU too tell ACL there issues publicly and see if ACL/SISU could work it out over time.

However I suspect SISU plan has always been to get the Ricoh Arena on the cheap.

And what if ACL refused to work it out? How long do you give it? What's your next course of action?

You're right a lot of people bills are too high, that's why we move house, remortgage, change energy suppliers, change mobile contracts, move insurers, shop in different super markets on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Noggin

And what if ACL refused to work it out? How long do you give it?

You're right a lot of people bills are too high, that's why we move house, remortgage, change energy suppliers, change mobile contracts, move insurers on a regular basis.

They had already worked it out before we moved, the 400k offer was fair. The desperation offer after that was excellent, the offer since we've moved was ridiculously good.

moving suppliers etc is a great idea when it allows you to get more for less. But you can't possibly think that applies in this situation. moving has cost us many many millions more than it's saved, I know this, you know this, Labovich knows this.

Astute

You're right a lot of people bills are too high, that's why we move house, remortgage, change energy suppliers, change mobile contracts, move insurers, shop in different super markets on a regular basis.

How many would consider moving to Northampton though?

stupot07

They had already worked it out before we moved, the 400k offer was fair. The desperation offer after that was excellent, the offer since we've moved was ridiculously good.

moving suppliers etc is a great idea when it allows you to get more for less. But you can't possibly think that applies in this situation. moving has cost us many many millions more than it's saved, I know this, you know this, Labovich knows this.

The £400k still didn't solve the longer term issue of accessing revenues, the offer was cross invoicing for FFP, the club at that point had also asked for a break clause IIRC which ACL had rejected, so whilst the rent level was ok, the fine print wasn't acceptable. They should have took one if the desperation offers as an interim, but that included having to withdraw the JR, and after ACL tried to force a regime change by backing Haskell, then rejecting the CVA to give the clubs 10 point penalty.

Whether the JR will actually achieve anything or not, etc, etc, etc

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I agree with you in many respects.

I wouldn't be that bothered, some more decent away days in the league below in any case.

Noggin

The £400k still didn't solve the longer term issue of accessing revenues, the offer was cross invoicing for FFP, the club at that point had also asked for a break clause IIRC which ACL had rejected, so whilst the rent level was ok, the fine print wasn't acceptable. They should have took one if the desperation offers as an interim, but that included having to withdraw the JR, and after ACL tried to force a regime change by backing Haskell, then rejecting the CVA to give the clubs 10 point penalty.

Whether the JR will actually achieve anything or not, etc, etc, etc

It didn't include the revenues the club needs to buy them back, but not including the revenues doesn't change anything, there was MASSIVLY!!!!!!! more revenue staying where they were with no food and beverage revenue than moving to northampton. Why are we discussing this? This is stuff from 9 months ago the decision to move was stupid and made no financial sense and that was the case even at 1.2mill rent with no revenue and there are NO logical arguements for it.

Only the first of the 2 desperation offers required dropping the JR the one that involved signing the cva. The offer to play for costs this season and next didn't come with that restriction as the cva had already been rejected. But it should never of gotten to any of that. They should have at the latest paid the rent and agreed the 400k (yes without revenue) before admin happened.

Sky Blue Pete

Think it's the clear plan to minimise the losses for the club. Lower expenses is the way forward. The way ml has treated us supporters in the last week or so, especially Steve, they have proved beyond reasonable doubt they don't give a shit about the football side of the business

Users who are viewing this thread