If we move (1 Viewer)

Would you attend games if the club had to move away from the Ricoh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shy_tall_knight

I personally hope that it is one of the non-league stadiums close to Cov, Nuneaton , Rugby or Solihull Moors (has 5,200 capacity) - at least the atmosphere would be good St andrews with 4,000 fans would be awful and Burton is too far and would require fans all driving. Leicester Tigers or Northampton Saints would be a good call just to pi$$ off WASPs

I'm surprised so many are optimistic about our future once we move out, if its for any longer than a season there will be irreversible damage done to the club's fan base

steve82

It would be interesting to get replies only from STH, match package and up to 10 games people to see what the regular attendees would do.

If season tickets are heavily reduced I might get one even if I'm not intending to go to many because of the distance so I get the benefits of away games and still contribute to running the club.

Good post.

Me and my son have been season ticket holders again since our return and didn’t attend sixfields but that’s my choice of ground share this time around and would continue our season tickets at sixfields.

Burton, Birmingham or Walsall I’d not be renewing due to location and the fact most the time I’ve work shortly after some Saturday games or immediately after midweek games makes it impossible.

If not at sixfields i might not attend many if any home games at all and prefer the away day experience which actually looks really enjoyable next season. In the unlikely event it’s Nuneaton or Rugby I’d possibly renew.

Birmingham, Leicester villa or MK Dons I’d 100% not renew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Good post.

Me and my son have been season ticket holders again since our return and didn’t attend sixfields but that’s my choice of ground share this time around and would continue our season tickets at sixfields.

Burton, Birmingham or Walsall I’d not be renewing due to location and the fact most the time I’ve work shortly after some Saturday games or immediately after midweek games makes it impossible.

If not at sixfields i might not attend many if any home games at all and prefer the away day experience which actually looks really enjoyable next season. In the unlikely event it’s Nuneaton or Rugby I’d possibly renew.

Birmingham, Leicester villa or MK Dons I’d 100% not renew

If we do groundshare then I do hope it is Sixfields again. Easy to get to, parking, lots of food places around. Wouldn't be keen on Burton, Brum or Walsall.

Liquid Gold

I personally hope that it is one of the non-league stadiums close to Cov, Nuneaton , Rugby or Solihull Moors (has 5,200 capacity) - at least the atmosphere would be good St andrews with 4,000 fans would be awful and Burton is too far and would require fans all driving. Leicester Tigers or Northampton Saints would be a good call just to pi$$ off WASPs

I'm surprised so many are optimistic about our future once we move out, if its for any longer than a season there will be irreversible damage done to the club's fan base
Brighton played a lot further away than we're planning to for longer than a season an their fan base recovered alright in the end.

steve82

If we do groundshare then I do hope it is Sixfields again. Easy to get to, parking, lots of food places around. Wouldn't be keen on Burton, Brum or Walsall.

It’s the only stadium I think we could get maximum use out of and the best potential revenue streams with also potentially creating a positive atmosphere in the stadium too with facilities around it.

Circumstances are slight different on this occasion so the numbers may be better

Liquid Gold

From a selfish point of view I'd rather not Sixfields, MK or Burton as they're an arse for me to get to. My personal easier would be Walsall and I'd renew without hesitation there.

torchomatic

From a selfish point of view I'd rather not Sixfields, MK or Burton as they're an arse for me to get to. My personal easier would be Walsall and I'd renew without hesitation there.

Fair enough, we all have our own preferences. Thinking about it though, Sixfields would have negative connotations from last time, so a new ground probably would be better all round. MK would be a nightmare. Burton OK and Walsall OK, I suppose, it is just the M6 that puts me off.

torchomatic

Coventry city playing our 'home' matches at sixfields for the second time, what a fucking shambles

Couldn't think of anything worse

Plymouth. That would be worse.

shy_tall_knight

Brighton played a lot further away than we're planning to for longer than a season an their fan base recovered alright in the end.
2 seasons at gillingham (70 miles from Brighton)followed by 11 seasons at the Withdean before moving to the magnificent Amex, I'm all for having a medium term strategy but in 13 seasons time I hopefully will be 65 but a long to wait for the Woodlands Arena, in those 13 seasons they always had hope I'm not sure our fans would have similar optimism, SISU aint going to build a stadium and project distress WASPs may not work

vow

2 seasons at gillingham (70 miles from Brighton)followed by 11 seasons at the Withdean before moving to the magnificent Amex, I'm all for having a medium term strategy but in 13 seasons time I hopefully will be 65 but a long to wait for the Woodlands Arena, in those 13 seasons they always had hope I'm not sure our fans would have similar optimism, SISU aint going to build a stadium and project distress WASPs may not work
Blimey, didn't realise it was 11 years at Withdean!

Perhaps we'll have new decent local MP's/Council Leader by then too.

Liquid Gold

I didn't say it was a good idea or preferable to anything else. Just that evidence suggests it wouldn't do irreversible damage as you suggested.

Ricketts

Coventry city playing our 'home' matches at sixfields for the second time, what a fucking shambles

If Northampton was the best option last time, and we got the best terms there, it stands to reason that it would be the best place this time, too.

shy_tall_knight

I didn't say it was a good idea or preferable to anything else. Just that evidence suggests it wouldn't do irreversible damage as you suggested.
Yes brighton have come out the other in a better place, hopefully we will also but the big difference are our circumstances - mistrusted owners, WASPS and CCC - CCC will be there in 13 years but if both of the other 2 are still there we will be in non-league

ceetee

I think not playing anywhere because we dont exist would be a lot worse, although for some that seems to be the preferred option

Jcap

It will be interesting to see if our performances/results improve whilst playing somewhere else, as I'm convinced the Ricoh pitch has not helped us this season (or since we started sharing for that matter). In my view we shouldn't be sharing with a rugby club irrespective of who or where it is.

Reactions: vow

Warwickhunt

We could share with the Leicester Tigers

shepardo01

It will be interesting to see if our performances/results improve whilst playing somewhere else, as I'm convinced the Ricoh pitch has not helped us this season (or since we started sharing for that matter). In my view we shouldn't be sharing with a rugby club irrespective of who or where it is.
Swings and roundabouts......
If we move away, lower budget = lower quality of players and harder to attract players. Hence lower quality before pitch is even taken into account.

Nick

Administrator
Or:
Lower attendance + increased access to revenues = similar budget

Just means everybody who goes has to have 10 pints and 4 pies!

giphy.gif

Covstu

I would be concerned from a fan perspective if we went to brum, a lot of idiots and not a great area.

Burton and Walsall are a pain in the arse to get too unless you take the toll. Leicester or Tigers would be better just down the M69 or as Torch has previously commented on sixfields but I think that would get a very bad reaction.

I still thing any move away would be the final straw for even more of the population regardless if it was a forced move or not unless planning permission was agreed rather that the current shitty responses back and forth. If that commitment from both parties was there and spades go in the ground then I think the fan viewpoint would be different but I guess if this was the case then we would probably be back at the Ricoh (based on SISU's grounds to withdraw the legals)

Ashdown

I'm sorry to put it out there but I don't think SBT is totally representative of the City support. There is a lot of ' understanding' on here for our owners, something I don't seem to hear much from many supporters elsewhere. If we played at Northampton again or Burton, 'Home gates' would dwindle to 2500/3000 again including away fans, a lot less for night matches and winter games. I doubt we would get a lot from the F & B either so income really would be diminished. With that players will be sold , contracts not renewed, more kids promoted to first team duties etc. Not sure if Robins would stay either or how we would attract decent players. The club would meander in a downward spiral whilst those shits SISU still pretended to be looking at sites to build but in reality all the time 'not crystalizing' their losses on original investment. Wasps could take years to be dislodged if ever from the Ricoh and even then how could CCFC acquire it anyway.
Fans are being stitched up here all round !!

Nick

Administrator
I'm sorry to put it out there but I don't think SBT is totally representative of the City support. There is a lot of ' understanding' on here for our owners, something I don't seem to hear much from many supporters elsewhere. If we played at Northampton again or Burton, 'Home gates' would dwindle to 2500/3000 again including away fans, a lot less for night matches and winter games. I doubt we would get a lot from the F & B either so income really would be diminished. With that players will be sold , contracts not renewed, more kids promoted to first team duties etc. Not sure if Robins would stay either or how we would attract decent players. The club would meander in a downward spiral whilst those shits SISU still pretended to be looking at sites to build but in reality all the time 'not crystalizing' their losses on original investment. Wasps could take years to be dislodged if ever from the Ricoh and even then how could CCFC acquire it anyway.
Fans are being stitched up here all round !!

Is there a single mention of "understanding SISU" in this thread or people if they would watch their team?

I'm the same. It's got to be sixfields. Easy to get to by train or road, great for parking right by the stadium and easy to get away after. I really worry that the club will have dismissed sixfields due to the negativity last time but all the other options in my view are far worse (except the Ricoh obviously).

Paxman II

If we locate to a stadium elsewhere, however temporary next season you can kiss goodbye to all the hard work done by MR's and his team up to this point.
We are only one or two players short of a very good chance of promotion next season to the championship imo. It will be scuppered by SISU's intransigence to find a deal with WASP (and for that matter WASP too) for the sake of what? What's the chance of them winning anything back even with a court win?
The club's recent rise to returning some better fortunes on and off the pitch, bringing on youngsters, the academy, ability to have a budget to compete, attracting signings etc will disappear and I think MR's will consider his tenure could be better served and rewarded elsewhere.
Sometimes you have to see the bigger picture in the long term and we are thankfully well along that road to recovery. Why throw that opportunity away?
Stay where we are, get promoted next year, we will look and be in better shape for it and opportunities will open up and if that's then to build a new stadium we may genuinely be in a better position to actually do so and SISU a much better place for moving the club on.

shepardo01

Most of my family on my mum's side are West Brom fans, my cousin and uncle are both season ticket holders, they have suggested I go and watch Albion if the unthinkable happens.
My Mrs and her side have a few WBA season tickets between them. Our boys (1 and 3) get both kits brought for them...just started to get the 3 yr old to Ricoh with me and my dad, and to shout "Play up sky blues" (He also knows Sky blue song off by heart)... really fear that if we move and it is less accessible (and enjoyable...Ricoh easy to get to and comfortable) that the WBA side of the family will get their claws into him....! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread