If we move back to the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

If or when we move back to the Ricoh .. Would it not be the perfect time to block of the back ten rows of seats the whole way round .. Previous season ticket holders wouldn't really have a claim on there old seats.. And hopefully would improve the atmosphere .. I know it's been suggested before but if we did move back it would be the ideal time .. Of course seats would be available if we ever get to the jpt semi- final again .. Just for the casual fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Agree with that, plus moving the away fans nearer singers corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mds

Bogof on season tickets for the first 7.5k, 7.5k free junior season tickets distributed to schools n colleges, £1 a game season tickets for juniors with a voucher for free drink n crisps every game or a one off free hat/scarf. Season long bogof on tickets, get bums on seats is a priority, enjoy the F&B sales :)

Show as much goodwill and generosity as is possible to the people of Coventry, restore some faith in the owners that have pissed so many off!

skybluejelly

Because the biggest average we have had in the last 10 years was just under 24000.. We only need the extra capacity very occasionally ..and our average last year was about 12,000 ... There is no atmosphere at sixfields as it's only ever a third full ... Pretty much like the Ricoh

shmmeee

- Close off enough to leave 2 x ST sales seats (or whatever historical average is)
- Sell seats from the front back
- Work with fans groups to create banners/flags that can cover areas when needed
- First season back: 1/2 price STs to all who held one last season/fans with a certain amount of away ticket stubs this season. Free to all Sixfielders (though I hate to say it, it won't cost much).
- Kids <14 Free <18 £5
- Work with fans groups on improving match day experience, travel to and from ground. Especially links with pubs, sky blue special trains and buses, etc.
- Move away fans as close to ours as possible
- City fans behind both goals (if possible, apparently disabled access is fixed to some extent at the Ricoh for away fans)

Even with those offers we'd make double what we do at Sixfields.

ccfcway

- Close off enough to leave 2 x ST sales seats (or whatever historical average is)
- Sell seats from the front back
- Work with fans groups to create banners/flags that can cover areas when needed
- First season back: 1/2 price STs to all who held one last season/fans with a certain amount of away ticket stubs this season. Free to all Sixfielders (though I hate to say it, it won't cost much).
- Kids <14 Free <18 £5
- Work with fans groups on improving match day experience, travel to and from ground. Especially links with pubs, sky blue special trains and buses, etc.
- Move away fans as close to ours as possible
- City fans behind both goals (if possible, apparently disabled access is fixed to some extent at the Ricoh for away fans)

Even with those offers we'd make double what we do at Sixfields.

exactly !

if Garlick bread was involved in these suggestions, she might just get some respect from the majority of us, instead of faffing around with the imaginary stadium

wingy

exactly !

if Garlick bread was involved in these suggestions, she might just get some respect from the majority of us

To be fair to SHMMMEEE he's consistently proposed innovative thinking on this matter ,the club would do well to engage him ,but not to perpetuate the charade of a new ground .

Noggin

Starting with Tesco stand and moving away fans closer is my preference though blocking off the top 10 rows has merits too.

As another thread mentioned the Preston game was one of the best games and atmospheres we've had at the Ricoh and was only 10k or so I belive and that was just opening the Tesco stand first. Admittedly it was the scoreing twice at the death and getting through to the semi that made that day really special but it certainly showed what an atmosphere we can have even with league 1 level crowds when some thought is put into where the fans are placed.

Steve.B50

If or when we move back to the Ricoh .. Would it not be the perfect time to block of the back ten rows of seats the whole way round .. Previous season ticket holders wouldn't really have a claim on there old seats.. And hopefully would improve the atmosphere .. I know it's been suggested before but if we did move back it would be the ideal time .. Of course seats would be available if we ever get to the jpt semi- final again .. Just for the casual fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was discussed at an SCG meeting while still at the Ricoh, one of the last ones before we left. Dan Walker came up with the idea and it was also discussed about moving the away fans closer, but as I recalls one health a safety guy said it was not possible.
The concept was to close 8-10 rows at ack all round the stadium.

Noggin

and me. Instead of thinking of closing seats off why not think of selling more tickets?

you attempt to do both and by closing seats and increasing atmosphere you make the job of selling more tickets alot easier. Poor atmosphere imo is one of the main reasons for crowds falling over time and its self perpetuating, the lower the crowds, the less fun it is at the match, so less people go, so it's less fun, so less people go and on and on we go.

I understand why people get attached to their seats and my preference isn't the Tesco stand either, especially as my wife enjoys sitting in the sunshine behind the goal, but I still think we'd enjoy the game more out of out preferance seat if it means a good atmosphere and (if and please when it gets back to mattering) it will be a very important issue to fix.

I do find it ridiculous though that some of the people when we've discussed this in the past said they wouldn't go again if they had to move seats and are now season ticket holders at sixfields.

I just wish this was a relevant discussion, I really hope it will be again soon.

Stafford_SkBlue

The quote earlier this week summed up the Ricoh - players had complained that they teammates blended into the empty seats.

What rent will be paid??
Why cave in now and pay rent to ACL - who caused us to have a ten point deduction this season, just in spite.

We need a long term solution not short term go back and pay £m to ACL.

M&B Stand

Cheapest tickets to fill the stadium, what's the point of empty blocks? A full stadium would mean local economy spend would rocket. All stadium revenues raised have to go to the club. The council would benefit from knock on in the surrounding area.

Could even scrap the parking scheme to encourage people up there.

SkyBlueRuffian

Cheapest tickets to fill the stadium, what's the point of empty blocks? A full stadium would mean local economy spend would rocket. All stadium revenues raised have to go to the club. The council would benefit from knock on in the surrounding area.

Could even scrap the parking scheme to encourage people up there.

"Our ground's too big for us"

Lord_Nampil

Personally think you move majority of fans into tesco stand, open only the lower rows behind the goal, maybe 10-15 rows, remaining space sell to advertising, to get money for unused seats! Only have a maximum of 3,000 seats behind the other goal, I would have this as the upper seats not lower and then sell the remaining area to advertising. You could do an awful lot, but as tenants u can only do so much, I'm guessing the same would be with a leasehold as well, hence why the freehold is wanted so altercations can take place i.e stadium being down sized!

Noggin

Personally think you move majority of fans into tesco stand, open only the lower rows behind the goal, maybe 10-15 rows, remaining space sell to advertising, to get money for unused seats! Only have a maximum of 3,000 seats behind the other goal, I would have this as the upper seats not lower and then sell the remaining area to advertising. You could do an awful lot, but as tenants u can only do so much, I'm guessing the same would be with a leasehold as well, hence why the freehold is wanted so altercations can take place i.e stadium being down sized!

seriously thats giving a ridiculous amount of undeserved credit to sisu, they want the freehold for financial gain and only for financial gain make no mistake. They had done none of the really easy ways of solving this problem that don't requiring owning the ground, so why on earth would you think that this why the freehold is wanted?

I also don't think you are correct, with a leasehold they would very likely be able to do almost anything within reason, we own the leasehold but not the freehold of a flat and it's basically our flat, it has 99% the full sale value it would have with the freehold and we can change anything about it.

shmmeee

To be fair to SHMMMEEE he's consistently proposed innovative thinking on this matter ,the club would do well to engage him ,but not to perpetuate the charade of a new ground .

I'm blushing!

Football fans are very conservative. I've been suggesting shutting the top rows almost as long as we've been at the Ricoh. Certainly since crowd average hit 15k. I was derided repeatedly for "thinking small time" and "making us a laughing stock".

Similarly with ideas for fan engagement, often shot down as "cringeworthy" or "americanised". It means that we do virtually nothing to get fans through the door.

The way I see it, we sell McDonalds. The product is pretty poor, often not enjoyable, but people get hooked early and find it very hard to break the habit. Jimmy Hill had it right: get the kids in, make it a special day for them and you've got them for life.

I have no doubt that I'm still as passionate as I am about City because I was lucky enough to go into the changing rooms in my first game. I wasn't even massively into football at that time, the game was boring as hell, but that day will stick with me forever. Similarly the memory of hearing the away fans banging at HR. Or of getting a bag of crisps at half time.

The club should be pouring everything it has into getting kids through the door and making the day memorable. Free shit. Meeting players. Improved atmosphere. All within the clubs grasp. It frustrates me.

Similarly, they need to be widening their view of the "matchday experience" to cover not just in the ground, but around it, in the pubs beforehand and on the trains/buses/canal barges on the way. Make the rest of the experience so good it doesn't matter about the result.

What do people talk about when they talk about Jimmy Hill? Pop and Crisps. Sky Blue Specials. Jimmy out in the community drumming up support. It's not changed in 50 years, clubs have just focussed everything on signings and farmed out the rest to uninspired corporate interests.

Sorry, that post turned into a rant!

Grendel

So this is a thread where everyone posting admits the Ricoh is too big?

ccfcway

as tenants u can only do so much

Don't agree. Nowt there that I reckon ACL / CCC, or anyone else for that matter would object to.

The removing car park charges would be a great idea as well !

If only these "consultation groups" were to discuss the plan tyo get back to the Ricoh and improvements once we were there !

ccfcway

This is a thread where everyone is saying how you can "accomodate our home to suit the current situation, whilst still having the option to "expand" when / if we are more successful", you know Grendal, rather like what our owners are talking about with operation legoland

stupot07

To be fair Shhmeee they (did) a bit of that, coaching in the community, coaching in schools, giving out free tickets to kids that have been on the coaching sessions, free tickets and player visits to schools, family fundays, kids for a quid, they have the family zone with games consoles, colouring, meeting players (albeit fringe youngsters), free season tickets for U7s in jsb area.

They could do more, but they haven't been sat on their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

That depends on what you think the ambition of the club should be. Personally I think it's got room for growth. All we need is owners with a Jimmy Hill type thinking. We've done it before, why not again. If Swansea can do it we can do it. Coventry has a big catchment area so I'm sure we could fill it on a regular basis with the right vision. 6800 at MK proved that.

Users who are viewing this thread