If we could only win one ... (1 Viewer)

hill83

Honestly couldn’t give a fuck who we play at all, genuinely find it weird.

Anyway. League.

shmmeee

Win the cup and Maidstone at home in the 5th pls. Otherwise three points in the league. We’d get hammered by Man City and aren’t desperate for cash. Don’t think it would be fun at all. Not as much as a promotion or a QF place.

fernandopartridge

League but only because the FA at the behest of the big 6 traitors have ruined the latter stages of the competition

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The watchmaker

League. But only because I still entertain delusions of play off glory and hadn't even considered that we might do anything in the cup. If we are looking a bit midtable it is cup all the way and if we somehow end up in two Wembley finals, I'm taking the real trophy.

SkyblueTexan

League. Good thing the league game is being played first.

Astute

The Etihad is the most uninspiring ground on the outside. But once inside it is as though you're in a different stadium. And when Man Ciry scored I felt my insides dancing around. And that was just to make it 1-2 at the start of injury time. I was sat 4 rows from them. Just 2 rows of police and stewards between the fans.

Easy choice. League win. We are going to make the playoffs but don't want 6th place. Leicester top. 2nd and 3rd Leeds/Southampton. Save the winner of that for Wembley. Us/Ipswich 4th and 5th.

SkyBlueCharlie9

The main stand facing opposite Kippax. There was a family section part of Main stand, when Man City scored a late winner, loads of City fans jumped into the Family bit of main stand and started laying into Man City youngsters and family people. It was disgraceful and me and my wife left immediately in disgust.
I live in Machester and its definitely remembered.
I was right next to that fence that day and there were loads of Manc scallies taunting Cov. No idea if that was technically the family stand but no way Cov fans attacked families (I don't condone Cov fans behaviour btw)

Mucca Mad Boys

We’ll win both ties and taunt the Wednesday fans by asking if we can play them every week.

Hobo

The League is priority for me. However dropping points away at Sheffield Wednesday at this stage of the season would not end our hopes of the play offs.

So I am going to say Cup. Good for confidence and squad bonding. It all helps to keep our momentum going.

Covkid1968#

Can’t see us losing either if we put the right team out. Can possibly see a return leg at the CBS. If there are still return legs in round 4.

fernandopartridge

I was right next to that fence that day and there were loads of Manc scallies taunting Cov. No idea if that was technically the family stand but no way Cov fans attacked families (I don't condone Cov fans behaviour btw)
Definitely wasn't families

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

Mostly Manchester police attacking Cov fans from what I remember. They made us wait in for ages and it kept kicking off. No idea what happened with family stand.

Yep. Got locked in for fucking ages. Coppers were twats that day.
We ended up getting chased around the back streets of Moss side whilst trying to find where we'd parked the fucking car.

I'd still take it over a trip to the Etihad though:)

Legia Sky Blue

I was there too. It was near the end of the game, and the stewards/ police that had been there earlier had pretty much vacated the divide between the fans, presumably to deal with crowd control as fans left the stadium. Despite not looking likely to all game, Man City scored right in front of us, and then there was a culmination of events where first off Huckerby celebrated big time in front of us goading our fans in the process, and then a large group of teenage youths aggressively came over towards us from the 'family' stand, if that's what it was, but on that side were also gathered a fair number of our hardcore supporters who simply charged over the divide and chased them back. As far as I could see no family's were attacked, although obviously some people were taken aback and possibly scared by what was happening around them. Ideally our fans would have stayed put, but in doing so that may have empowered their teenagers to give a few of our supporters a slap in the process.

To answer the original question, if we can only win one we win the league game, but draw the cup game, and of course then win the replay. At this moment in time though I think we can win both, although I have a gut feeling the league game might be the toughest of the games.

JAM See

Cup.
All day every day.

Fucking league?!
What is wrong with you people?

theferret

I was there too. It was near the end of the game, and the stewards/ police that had been there earlier had pretty much vacated the divide between the fans, presumably to deal with crowd control as fans left the stadium. Despite not looking likely to all game, Man City scored right in front of us, and then there was a culmination of events where first off Huckerby celebrated big time in front of us goading our fans in the process, and then a large group of teenage youths aggressively came over towards us from the 'family' stand, if that's what it was, but on that side were also gathered a fair number of our hardcore supporters who simply charged over the divide and chased them back. As far as I could see no family's were attacked, although obviously some people were taken aback and possibly scared by what was happening around them. Ideally our fans would have stayed put, but in doing so that may have empowered their teenagers to give a few of our supporters a slap in the process.

To answer the original question, if we can only win one we win the league game, but draw the cup game, and of course then win the replay. At this moment in time though I think we can win both, although I have a gut feeling the league game might be the toughest of the games.

Definitely wasn't families ..

Users who are viewing this thread