If we could only win one ... (1 Viewer)

rob9872

.... of the Sheff Wed games

3 points in the league

Or

Win and guaranteed Man City away in the 5th round

3 points for me is a bit boring and predictable as much as I'd love a trip to the Etihad.

Anyone different?

skyblue_55

Takes you back to our 2 glorious trips there in 87 ….. nothing to fear & the great possibility of 3 points ( a physiological boost ) , before a very relaxed Fa cup win ….
Their priority has to be staying in this league.
So another winnable game in round 5 & who knows ?

bigfatronssba

League.

A more unrealistic but thought provoking question is win the playoffs or win the cup?

Skyblue Bangkok

3 points in the league

Or

3 points for me is a bit boring and predictable as much as I'd love a trip to the Etihad.

Anyone different?
3 points in the league. Personally not bothered about the Cup games

Seamus1

FA Cup, then we can budget ahead and use the expected money from going out in a higher round plus all the gate receipts on another/better player who will undoubtedly fire us to the Premier League as we finish on a 3 month winning streak in the league!

ccfc1234

The draw is wide open, Man City, Liverpool aside all of the winners of those ties I would take our chances against at a full CBS. Who is to say City and Liverpool dont get drawn against each other next round also. I get why some fans are a bit on the fence, but win at Wednesday and then get another 'meh' draw in the eyes of some on here and were in the quarter finals and one game away from Wembley!! ££

Watford v Southampton

Blackburn Rovers v Wrexham

Bournemouth v Swansea City

West Brom v Brentford or Wolves

West Ham or Bristol City v Nottingham Forest or Blackpool

Leicester City v Hull City or Birmingham City

Sheffield Wednesday v Coventry City

Chelsea v Aston Villa

Ipswich Town v Maidstone United

Liverpool v Norwich City or Bristol Rovers

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City

Leeds United v Plymouth Argyle

Crystal Palace or Everton v Luton Town or Bolton Wanderers

Newport County or Eastleigh v Wigan Athletic or Manchester United

Sheffield United v Brighton & Hove Albion

Fulham v Newcastle United

play_in_skyblue_stripes

3 points in the league

Or

Anyone different?
Not sure Eithad in FA cup would be enjoyable at all. Almost certain defeat and a lot of
Man City fans still remember the 2001 FA cup game at Maine Road. Shocking by Coventry fans attacking people in Family Stand. I had to wait outside the Away part of stadium for someone and remember one Man City fan saying to me "Let's get these Bas£@&(s are you going to join in?" "Errgh not quite" we're my inner thoughts.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

The draw is wide open, Man City, Liverpool aside all of the winners of those ties I would take our chances against at a full CBS. Who is to say City and Liverpool dont get drawn against each other next round also. I get why some fans are a bit on the fence, but win at Wednesday and then get another 'meh' draw in the eyes of some on here and were in the quarter finals and one game away from Wembley!! ££

Watford v Southampton

Blackburn Rovers v Wrexham

Bournemouth v Swansea City

West Brom v Brentford or Wolves

West Ham or Bristol City v Nottingham Forest or Blackpool

Leicester City v Hull City or Birmingham City

Sheffield Wednesday v Coventry City

Chelsea v Aston Villa

Ipswich Town v Maidstone United

Liverpool v Norwich City or Bristol Rovers

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City

Leeds United v Plymouth Argyle

Crystal Palace or Everton v Luton Town or Bolton Wanderers

Newport County or Eastleigh v Wigan Athletic or Manchester United

Sheffield United v Brighton & Hove Albion

Fulham v Newcastle United
Please will people stop referring to Man City as 'City'. We are 'City' and its confusing.

Last edited:

rob9872

Not sure Eithad in FA cup would be enjoyable at all. Almost certain defeat and a lot of
Man City fans still remember the 2001 FA cup game at Maine Road. Shocking by Coventry fans attacking people in Family Stand. I had to wait outside the Away part of stadium for someone and remember one Man City fan saying to me "Let's get these Bas£@&(s are you going to join in?" "Errgh not quite" we're my inner thoughts.
Mostly Manchester police attacking Cov fans from what I remember. They made us wait in for ages and it kept kicking off. No idea what happened with family stand.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Mostly Manchester police attacking Cov fans from what I remember. They made us wait in for ages and it kept kicking off. No idea what happened with family stand.
The main stand facing opposite Kippax. There was a family section part of Main stand, when Man City scored a late winner, loads of City fans jumped into the Family bit of main stand and started laying into Man City youngsters and family people. It was disgraceful and me and my wife left immediately in disgust.
I live in Machester and its definitely remembered.

curly_tom

I’d take the win in the cup if I had to choose. I don’t think we’ll realistically get promoted this season (not being negative but it’s a tall order) and a cup run would be fun.

I have no idea why anyone would want Man City away though, that’d be bottom of my list, I wouldn’t go and they’d thrash us!

GaryJones

League win - Cup draw (then win replay at CBS) Simples!

Users who are viewing this thread