If wasps (1 Viewer)

Noggin

Owned by organisation who have no understanding of heritage, history, identity and only keen on the bottom line, no matter what the cost.

I'm out.

sure but more competent than sisu, less litigious, less evil, without the massive baggage, complete with a great stadium in coventry where we would get full revenues and would have the clubs best interests at heart (even though that would be only for their own benefit) it's hardly the ideal scenario but compared to now its a fucking dreamland.

Ian1779

sure but more competent than sisu, less litigious, less evil, without the massive baggage, complete with a great stadium in coventry where we would get full revenues and would have the clubs best interests at heart (even though that would be only for their own benefit) it's hardly the ideal scenario but compared to now its a fucking dreamland.

Wasps best interests at heart... not CCFC's.

Noggin

they would have ccfc's best interests at heart if they owned us and im fully aware that would be because they cared about their own bottom line rather than for altruistic reasons but that is still a massive improvement over the owners we currently have who have been willing to destroy ccfc for their own ends, certainly have not had ccfcs best interests at heart and imo the directors of ccfc have not fulfilled their statutory duties.

skyblueinBaku

Noggin, add to that list that unlike the present clowns, they would probably not be seemingly intent on destroying the club.

bigfatronssba

Of course.. they're moving here for shits and giggles....

I'm just curious as to why a team surviving on an average crowd of 14k suddenly NEEDS 25k-30k to survive.

tisza

if they owned both why wouldn't they have the club's best interests at heart? surely the upside of a successful football club is more financially rewarding than that of a successful rugby club?

fernandopartridge

Wasps are more competent than SISU in as much as they've managed to permanently relocate a club and not been criticised by the Noggins of this world

Noggin

Wasps are more competent than SISU in as much as they've managed to permanently relocate a club and not been criticised by the Noggins of this world

wasps are more competent than sisu because they have managed to buy the stadium that any compent owners of ccfc would have owned 5+ years ago, just look at the rent and legal costs we've spent since they have been owners, spend that on the stadium and the team and we'd be in the championship, owning our own stadium and things wouldn't look like the club is going to die, but sure much more sensible to criticise my view (or lack of one, I've said multiple times I've not taken a position on the wasps move due to lack of information about it's necessity) instead of criticizing our owners.

olderskyblue

I haven't been on GMK for a very long time now, but I'm surprised they haven't criticised Wasps... ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Given that Wasps must be spending a lot of money to promote their own brand and that as yet attendance numbers over a prolonged period have yet to be proven one way or another I really do not see why Wasps would be interested at this stage. They have to expend a lot of money and effort making it work for their own team, it would surely be unlikely they would want to take on all the risks, uncertainties and debt burden associated with CCFC as well.

It might be a longer term aim but I do not see why they would need to do it even then unless there are fundamental changes at CCFC not least of which is the wiping out of the debt burden. The best I would think Wasps would do would be to facilitate a take over by a third party of CCFC by offering a lengthy tenure at the Ricoh with some access to income streams and available at a favourable value

Last edited:

stupot07

if they owned both why wouldn't they have the club's best interests at heart? surely the upside of a successful football club is more financially rewarding than that of a successful rugby club?

Don't see your logic there, surely given rugby has a wage cap, a more successful rugby club will be more financially rewarding than a successful football club which would take substantial investment to become successful in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

albatross

The logic is that in order for anybody to see a significant profit from the future sales of ACL/WASPS and CCFC is the potential for future earnings. I have posted on here before that CCFC is a ticket to the Premier league lottery and the big revenue stream that represents.

Not talking about profit at this stage but potential earnings.

With a correctly structured company and the Rugby wage Cap that effectively boxes off quite nicely the operational capital required to run that side of the business.

Get CCFC winning and a sniff of the premier league then the Returns for the then owner if it was sold on would be substantial.

tisza

Don't see your logic there, surely given rugby has a wage cap, a more successful rugby club will be more financially rewarding than a successful football club which would take substantial investment to become successful in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
just if they bought the club why wouldn't they have its best interests at heart.
also assuming they did buy the club the potential income upsides of a successful football club are greater than that of a rugby club.

Nick

Administrator
I would still support the club and go to games etc, unless they moved us full time 70 miles away.

I won't be lining up with people demanding it though, as most are probably the same people who demanded about SISU years ago but now hate them.

stupot07

The logic is that in order for anybody to see a significant profit from the future sales of ACL/WASPS and CCFC is the potential for future earnings. I have posted on here before that CCFC is a ticket to the Premier league lottery and the big revenue stream that represents.

Not talking about profit at this stage but potential earnings.

With a correctly structured company and the Rugby wage Cap that effectively boxes off quite nicely the operational capital required to run that side of the business.

Get CCFC winning and a sniff of the premier league then the Returns for the then owner if it was sold on would be substantial.

How much investment do you think it would require to get to the PL? Given without access to revenues our turnover is about £10.5 (15k av)- £12.5m (21k ave), and promoted teams tend to have very high wage bills (£28m+ in 2012). And ACL (as it stands) makes only £750k profit, and wasps make £3m per annum losses?

bigfatronssba

I would still support the club and go to games etc, unless they moved us full time 70 miles away.

I won't be lining up with people demanding it though, as most are probably the same people who demanded about SISU years ago but now hate them.

What were you demanding for 7 years ago?

stupot07

just if they bought the club why wouldn't they have its best interests at heart.
also assuming they did buy the club the potential income upsides of a successful football club are greater than that of a rugby club.

But the potential increase in income is negated by increase in outgoings.

Which club would be priority? What happens if wasps crowds are crap and they're making a loss which needs covering, does that mean they need to sell a few of our players to balance the rugby sides books? (Very simplistic)

bigfatronssba

But the potential increase in income is negated by increase in outgoings.

Which club would be priority? What happens if wasps crowds are crap and they're making a loss which needs covering, does that mean they need to sell a few of our players to balance the rugby sides books? (Very simplistic)

Those are good points but surely no different to the situation we're in now? I.e. what happens if Sisu favour another investment over CCFC and divert funds there?

skybluetony176

At this moment in time its hard to see another way forward for the club other than a multi billionaire fan buying the club writing the debts off and gifting the club a new stadium in Coventry not the Coventry area.

Its time for some fans to be honest with themselves. The club is only going to go in one direction if SISU stay. Down.

stupot07

Those are good points but surely no different to the situation we're in now? I.e. what happens if Sisu favour another investment over CCFC and divert funds there?

I would say it's completely different, as it's not sisu's money, their how operations is about investing other peoples money over a range of investments. If anything it's out football club that's the drain on that.

Where as the OP, the rugby club, football club and stadium would be a tighter knit group of companies sharing revenues between each other. 1 fails the other 2 bail it out, where as with sisu 1 fails, they just find some new investment. I can see where you're coming from though.

67tuck

I heard in the late spring about the Wasps deal from contacts at Broadstreet Rugby Club and their info from wasps they mentioned at the time that Ray Ransom and Gary Hoffman are part of this consortium.... This would explain the speed and ease of the deal getting though CCC votes.......With all the mud slinging in the 2 year media driven Ricoh row and the bitter JR, SISU have been very quiet about the fact that the Stadium has been sold under there noses....... Maybe they know the outcome !! ️Wasps consortium will buy ccfc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

Unfortunately I would be very disappointed, although I am sure many will support the notion as people will consider "Sisu the Dark Cloud" to have vanished for good.

With respect to the benefits, obviously we would have been bought in theory by a consortium that will also own the Ricoh of which we can also benefit from fully, but at this moment I don't know enough about Wasps owners to trust them with my Club and considering what I have seen with regards to the Rugby Club this consortium currently owns, I can't say I would want then owning CCFC.

skybluetony176

Unfortunately I would be very disappointed, although I am sure many will support the notion as people will consider "Sisu the Dark Cloud" to have vanished for good.

With respect to the benefits, obviously we would have been bought in theory by a consortium that will also own the Ricoh of which we can also benefit from fully, but at this moment I don't know enough about Wasps owners to trust them with my Club and considering what I have seen with regards to the Rugby Club this consortium currently owns, I can't say I would want then owning CCFC.

You make a good point about trust. I think the majority of fans will treat any new owners with caution given our experiance with the outgoing bunch.

Any new owner regardless of who they are will have to earn trust of the fan base i would imagine. I dont think they'll get a free ride or a honeymoon period.

Skyblueweeman

Wasps are in it for Wasps, no one else. If they bought the club, all revenues going into a massive pot from both teams would just make the rugby teams finances better and we'll get loose change.

I hate the whole fucking thing.

oldfiver

OK..

Was going to post a New thread but seems the subjects relevant In here.

Working In the NEC today ,bumped Into a Designer I worked with over In Manheim last January.

He Suggested this Is what exactly Is going to happen.

Don't really know whether to place any faith In his comments ,but he said a Friend who has previously worked on the CCFC programme ,Now working @

SKY had told him the Deal Is on/Being negotiated and expected to be announced In January .

OH well sorry for spreading It but we have to have some form of hope ,Shoot me!!!:whistle::whistle::facepalm:

Wouldn't waste the bullet would sooner wait and see if you are wrong. Is the informant related to Bill the Gateman?

dongonzalos

Bought CCFC would we get behind this idea and support it ??? Two revenue streams from match day, plus everything else that comes with it including concerts . This could make coventry & wasps a shit load of ££££ with the FFP I think it's worth debating ??? Thoughts ???

The only idea that makes any sense in this sorry saga

Users who are viewing this thread