If wasps (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

Bought CCFC would we get behind this idea and support it ??? Two revenue streams from match day, plus everything else that comes with it including concerts . This could make coventry & wasps a shit load of ££££ with the FFP I think it's worth debating ??? Thoughts ???

stupot07

Bought CCFC would we get behind this idea and support it ???

No

Two revenue streams from match day, plus everything else that comes with it including concerts . This could make coventry & wasps a shit load of ££££ with the FFP

It won't make that much money once you throw in the operating losses of both club, in fact they would more likely be in significant deficit year-in-year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfcway

Bought CCFC would we get behind this idea and support it ??? Two revenue streams from match day, plus everything else that comes with it including concerts . This could make coventry & wasps a shit load of ££££ with the FFP I think it's worth debating ??? Thoughts ???

their 1st step would be having a yellow and black home kit. Then a wasp would appear on the badge.

Terry Gibson's perm

If and it's a massive they ever joined what is to say that they would fund the club any better than the current idiots? They could make lots of money and make sure Wasps are well off and dump all the rubbish into CCFC.

Covcraig@bury

If and it's a massive they ever joined what is to say that they would fund the club any better than the current idiots? They could make lots of money and make sure Wasps are well off and dump all the rubbish into CCFC.

If they're joined at the hip as one company this would not benefit the owners . So I couldn't see that happening . All revenue would be in one pot. !!!!

Terry Gibson's perm

If they're joined at the hip as one company this would not benefit the owners . So I couldn't see that happening . All revenue would be in one pot. !!!!

But nothing to say that it would come out of the pot equally but I can never see this happening our dreadful owners haven't finished punishing us yet.

covmark

No.

derbyskyblue

its all doomed to failure, no rugby club gets gates of 25 to 30 thousand which is what they are going to need. If anything they'll be desperate for the rent of ccfc to prop them up.;)

wingy

OK..

Was going to post a New thread but seems the subjects relevant In here.

Working In the NEC today ,bumped Into a Designer I worked with over In Manheim last January.

He Suggested this Is what exactly Is going to happen.

Don't really know whether to place any faith In his comments ,but he said a Friend who has previously worked on the CCFC programme ,Now working @

SKY had told him the Deal Is on/Being negotiated and expected to be announced In January .

OH well sorry for spreading It but we have to have some form of hope ,Shoot me!!!:whistle::whistle::facepalm:

wingy

wingy, in simple terms if you know, what is happening then?

I obviously can't possibly Know DSB, It's purely words from a chap I've worked with occasionally ,he's not a City fan but we were discussing

football In general ,and I started to bore him with our Situation when he offered up that account .

Now who has recently left the City media dept and Is now working @ SKY?

Aiden Mcartney ??

bigfatronssba

its all doomed to failure, no rugby club gets gates of 25 to 30 thousand which is what they are going to need. If anything they'll be desperate for the rent of ccfc to prop them up.;)

Well they've managed OK without gates of that size for the past 100 years.

smileycov

Facebook User

Yep, cant be any worse than the dire situation we are curently in. I do think wasps owners would actually want us to be successful though so that be a nice change!!

wingy

It would all depend on the Structure shared between the two entities wouldn't It .

You'd have to assume we would be unlikely to share all revenues ,unless Richardson took on the role of Benefactor .

Outside of that you'd just hope he would show ambition to at least return us to Championship level.

What would that mean ,maybe a modicum of real Investment and possibly the ability to hang onto our home grown Gems.

tisza

i don't see where the harm is in them buying the club. would give the club a permanent home. why would they be any worse than SISU?

Wheelfass

Would I?
Absolutely yes. I'm supporting the team with Sisu at the helm and anybody.....absolutely ANYBODY or any organisation would be better than this bunch of BS bandits. Wasps have the Ricoh and if we want to continue playing there and calling it home then being taken over by their owners is the only option. I think Joe Elliot and co could possibly be behind a deal to be announced. I have no inside on this but I just think that's what will happen. Bring it on.

wingy

I obviously can't possibly Know DSB, It's purely words from a chap I've worked with occasionally ,he's not a City fan but we were discussing

football In general ,and I started to bore him with our Situation when he offered up that account .

Now who has recently left the City media dept and Is now working @ SKY?

Aiden Mcartney ??

Nope ,Just checked not him ,works for the CT by the looks of It .:facepalm::(

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it's a terrible idea but if it did happen then what else could we do as fans other than support it and try to make it work?

wingy

Where's the hope?

See my subsequent post .

possibility of Investment to achieve Championship status again ,hang onto the Gems generated through the Academy .

Huge benefit to CCFC gates ,at the start at least anyway ,remove the toxicity of particularly the last three years cumulative disasters.

NorthernWisdom

See my subsequent post .

possibility of Investment to achieve Championship status again ,hang onto the Gems generated through the Academy .

Huge benefit to CCFC gates ,at the start at least anyway ,remove the toxicity of particularly the last three years cumulative disasters.

Owned by organisation who have no understanding of heritage, history, identity and only keen on the bottom line, no matter what the cost.

I'm out.

skyblueinBaku

Owned by organisation who have no understanding of heritage, history, identity and only keen on the bottom line, no matter what the cost.

I'm out.

Sounds like the present owners.

wingy

I'm out.

They may have none of that but the fact he bought them seems to suggest he wishes to reflect In a certain level of Glory ,IE a Prem Rugby outfit ,maybe

he'd wish to restore some glory on us .

Of course If he was really loaded and really into the round ball game he'd have bought someone further up the Chain.

Otis

Not that simple, but yes, I would support it. Wasps are the only show in town now and this would probably be the one thing that would keep us in Coventry.

Imperative we stay in Coventry or as close as damn it.

I would back this. Wasps are here and there's nowt we can do about it. We don't need to embrace it, just accept it.

shy_tall_knight

People keep talking about our operational losses. I think if you were to have our income less operational costs (player wages management wages rent) it would not be a loss even in this season, once you deduct interest charges and other management charges to SISU then it becomes a huge loss, which could disappear if there was a takeover.

Users who are viewing this thread