If this is true, SP has not only lost the dressing room, they're mocking him to. (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Apparently there is a photo in the telegraph of this guy behind Pressley. He retweeted it..
I will try and find it.

Does this mean we will l be sitting in that stand in a few weeks!?

SussexSkyBlue

Apparently there is a photo in the telegraph of this guy behind Pressley. He retweeted it..
I will try and find it.

Does this mean we will l be sitting in that stand in a few weeks!?

think this is the image, top left of picture with glasses on. on his phone

Attachments

• JS54424490.jpg
    JS54424490.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 93

singers_pore

In this day and age you would surely expect SP to be relaying his messages to the bench by phone rather than shouting from the stand. This just shows how inept the club is from top to bottom.

And those geniuses at SISU decided to give him a 4 year contract. It really is incredible.

Chipfat

This squad is weak, but SP is part of the system that allows players to leave and certain ones brought in..From what i seen against Swindon not one of those players believe in what is being instructed..What they say in interviews and what they are doing are two different things,,, no desire, passion or fight to win 50/50 in any part of the pitch..OB and Madine showed very little respect for the manager or team mates during the game and should be told to leave,,Webster should never wear the shirt again and Allsop should be learning his trade at some other clubs expense...

Others like Fleck and Haynes are capable but both are standing still in development. Haynes should be getting up the pitch instead of holding because Nouble cant be trusted to track back or defend and in fairness Nouble should not be asked to do that as LM is not his position.. Fleck is doing the same watching Thomas instead of playing higher up the field, even Madine is not a lone FW he needs a partner to play off...

Square pegs in round holes with half the squad not good enough or experienced enough to play every week,, very sad to see but the money men are seeing this as the way to go... I think it will end up in many more relegation battles until luck runs out,, we have to hope 4 teams are worse than us this season we certainly won't find we are better than 19 others...

Last edited:

lewys33

Ultimately he has got to go. I think 99.9% of the fan base now know there are issues in the camp.

wince

this squad is weak, but sp is part of the system that allows players to leave and certain ones brought in..from what i seen against swindon not one of those players believe in what is being instructed..what they say in interviews and what they are doing are two different things,,, no desire, passion or fight to win 50/50 in any part of the pitch..ob and madine showed very little respect for the manager or team mates during the game and should be told to leave,,webster should never wear the shirt again and allsop should be learning his trade at some other clubs expense...

Others like fleck and haynes are capable but both are standing still in development. Haynes should be getting up the pitch instead of holding because nouble cant be trusted to track back or defend and in fairness nouble should not be asked to do that as lm is not his position.. Fleck is doing the same watching thomas instead of playing higher up the field, even madine is not a lone fw he needs a partner to play off...

Square pegs in round holes with half the squad not good enough or experienced enough to play every week,, very sad to see but the money men are seeing this as the way to go... I think it will end up in many more relegation battles until luck runs out,, we have to hope 4 teams are worse than us this season we certainly won't find we are better than 19 others...
top post

lewys33

It all started when SP watched the world cup and thought he could make Coventry play like Brazil. Unfortunately for us it was the 7-1 loss to Germany!

In all seriousness though, I think he thought "if the top bosses are playing 3-5-2 then I should to!" That was the beginning of the shit storm IMO.................

Moff

This squad is weak, but SP is part of the system that allows players to leave and certain ones brought in..From what i seen against Swindon not one of those players believe in what is being instructed..What they say in interviews and what they are doing are two different things,,, no desire, passion or fight to win 50/50 in any part of the pitch..OB and Madine showed very little respect for the manager or team mates during the game and should be told to leave,,Webster should never wear the shirt again and Allsop should be learning his trade at some other clubs expense...

Others like Fleck and Haynes are capable but both are standing still in development. Haynes should be getting up the pitch instead of holding because Nouble cant be trusted to track back or defend and in fairness Nouble should not be asked to do that as LM is not his position.. Fleck is doing the same watching Thomas instead of playing higher up the field, even Madine is not a lone FW he needs a partner to play off...

Square pegs in round holes with half the squad not good enough or experienced enough to play every week,, very sad to see but the money men are seeing this as the way to go... I think it will end up in many more relegation battles until luck runs out,, we have to hope 4 teams are worse than us this season we certainly won't find we are better than 19 others.

Great post Chipfat.

I have highlighted the last paragraph, as if this is seriously where the owners of our club see us going they are in for a serious shock. Not only are we running short of talent to flog off the production line, but if this season continues as it has with the dire football on show, they will be looking at Northampton sized crowds by the end of the season back home in Coventry, with worse to come next year!

Brighton Sky Blue

I didn't think it could get worse than Thorn but at least then crowds were 3 times bigger than on Monday night. This is one of those situations where getting rid of the manager in itself would produce an upsurge in form and replacing him with someone competent would have it permanent.

Astute

The upshot is that if the players aren't listening to Pressley but lost 3-0 at home they are the ones to blame surely

If the players are listening to him it is SP that is showing himself to be clueless. If they are not listening to him he has either brought in the wrong players or they know he is useless. He is supposed to be the boss. The buck should stop at him. The last thing we need is excuses made for him. We have listened to them for long enough now. Are we supposed to get relegated again before things change?

Moff

If the players are listening to him it is SP that is showing himself to be clueless. If they are not listening to him he has either brought in the wrong players or they know he is useless. He is supposed to be the boss. The buck should stop at him. The last thing we need is excuses made for him. We have listened to them for long enough now. Are we supposed to get relegated again before things change?

The thing that worries me Astute, is that Fisher is such an incompetent that in his cloud cuckoo land he probably thinks holding onto Pressley and not paying him off would be cheaper than relegation. He might think again with crowds of a couple of thousand or less in a 32,000 seater stadium.

Nick

Administrator
I am sure that Madine incident was further on than 20 minutes where there was an injury break though?

lewys33

I am sure that Madine incident was further on than 20 minutes where there was an injury break though?

yh it was during a break of some sort. Can't remember the exact time but someone on here mentioned around 41 minutes?

chiefdave

The upshot is that if the players aren't listening to Pressley but lost 3-0 at home they are the ones to blame surely

What you're probably seeing is a combination of things. The tactics and team selection being poor don't start things off well, you've then probably got some of the team (I'd guess the younger ones) doing what they are told, the more experianced pro's ignoring SP as they know his tactics are terrible. Then add in lack of motivation as players are being bombed out of the squad and then back in the next week.

If you put all the different things together we end up with the mess we see on the pitch.

Astute

The thing that worries me Astute, is that Fisher is such an incompetent that in his cloud cuckoo land he probably thinks holding onto Pressley and not paying him off would be cheaper than relegation. He might think again with crowds of a couple of thousand or less in a 32,000 seater stadium.

Spot on.

I am very worried myself. Fisher has shown before how much out of touch he is. He thought that nearly all the STH's would follow him to Northampton. Maybe he thinks that they will mainly stay now we are back in Coventry however bad things get. But our last home game showed that some are giving up. We may have the excuse of the game being on TV. But you can't beat being there.....especially if you have a ticket for the game.

torchomatic

jaymo132

I didn't think it could get worse than Thorn but at least then crowds were 3 times bigger than on Monday night. This is one of those situations where getting rid of the manager in itself would produce an upsurge in form and replacing him with someone competent would have it permanent.
Thorn was better than Pressley...Sack him now bring in Paul Jewell (yes have heard a rumour)

torchomatic

I'm not saying things are "well", but I do take all the "my mate said", "an insider said" stuff with a pinch of salt. We don't know anything, though it doesn't stop us guessing I suppose.

Take off the .9% and it should be about right. I don't know anyone that thinks all is well.

torchomatic

I like Pressley, don't ask me why, I just do. But even I'm at the point where I think he should go.

Sky Blue Kid

There were reasons ,SP didn't last long at CCFC when he was a player. He was a loose cannon, and 30 years later nothing has changed. When he got up in Chuba Akpo's face screaming showed to me he'd "Lost it" (Anyone remember that?) Players do what they're told to do. They're paid good money and 99% of players follow orders. However, players are people with feelings, and there comes a time when enough is enough. players won't make public any rows or disturbances in the dressing room. What SP did in front of the paying public to Akpo was nothing short of disgraceful, and from then on he should have "Fallen on his sword"

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Been thinking about this on my way to work this morning and it's clear as day to me that this runs deeper than just football. Now don't get me wrong, respect is a two-way street and must be earned. We don't know the full "behind closed-doors" story, we don't know what SP is like on the training ground, or in the canteen, or on the bus to away games. Maybe he is Stalin's long-lost brother, who knows. But going with the OP and what we DO know (assuming it is all true, which to me it seems so):

- For senior employees (including the captain in this case) to show such a blatant and astounding lack of respect towards their manager (referring to O'Brien mouthing F off to SP here) is completely indefensible and incredibly unprofessional
- To shout tactics from the stands in a vast stadium barely 20% full shows naivety and displays an almost amateur perception towards fans
- To install a changed centre-half pairing in place of 2 young lads who by all accounts performed brilliantly in a confident away win in a local derby demonstrates a lack of faith. Admitedly one of Pennington and Willis had to play RB to cover Phillips' injury - but how has Willis not kept his place?

It saddens and angers me simultaneously that players think they can get away with treating a boss like they did on Monday night. If there was no disciplinary action taken or words said afterwards (almost certain there wouldn't have been) then it is clear that the buck stops with the manager. And I won't kowtow to the "SISU control SP, his hands are tied" mantra on this - there is nothing stopping Pressley taking Madine and O'Brien to one side and giving them a full-blown bollocking.

The way Pressley is running this ship is bearing more resemblance to Thorn's time with every passing match, and we all know how that cookie crumbled. Time to go, Steven.

olderskyblue

It's easy to get a bit excited when you read stuff like this, but players being given instructions from the management, and then not following them on the pitch is nothing new is it? We've seen it here before, and at other teams.

And, isn't battling relegation "the Coventry Way" ? ;)

(well, it has been almost every season since I started going up)

SP may be a crap manager, but lets not kid ourselves that all the players he's brought in are what he wanted. There is a reason we get cast off's and players with a bad reputation... you don't need many of those to get the end result that the op refers to.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Been thinking about this on my way to work this morning and it's clear as day to me that this runs deeper than just football. Now don't get me wrong, respect is a two-way street and must be earned. We don't know the full "behind closed-doors" story, we don't know what SP is like on the training ground, or in the canteen, or on the bus to away games. Maybe he is Stalin's long-lost brother, who knows. But going with the OP and what we DO know (assuming it is all true, which to me it seems so):

- For senior employees (including the captain in this case) to show such a blatant and astounding lack of respect towards their manager (referring to O'Brien mouthing F off to SP here) is completely indefensible and incredibly unprofessional
- To shout tactics from the stands in a vast stadium barely 20% full shows naivety and displays an almost amateur perception towards fans
- To install a changed centre-half pairing in place of 2 young lads who by all accounts performed brilliantly in a confident away win in a local derby demonstrates a lack of faith. Admitedly one of Pennington and Willis had to play RB to cover Phillips' injury - but how has Willis not kept his place?

It saddens and angers me simultaneously that players think they can get away with treating a boss like they did on Monday night. If there was no disciplinary action taken or words said afterwards (almost certain there wouldn't have been) then it is clear that the buck stops with the manager. And I won't kowtow to the "SISU control SP, his hands are tied" mantra on this - there is nothing stopping Pressley taking Madine and O'Brien to one side and giving them a full-blown bollocking.

The way Pressley is running this ship is bearing more resemblance to Thorn's time with every passing match, and we all know how that cookie crumbled. Time to go, Steven.

Good post.

I have always supported SP, think things have been made very difficult for him behind the scenes up to now (nothing to do with on the pitch scenario) and he has had a lot to contend with, but he has just taken it and carried on. How many other managers would have just walked away (MR for one)? However this article makes very worrying reading and even I am starting to think it is time for him to go before it gets any worse.

The other point though is that if he is always bawling and shouting at the players, after a while they just ignore him and even ridicule him and certainly don't respect him. Having had my own business (before I retired) I am a great advocate that there are better ways of dealing with your staff and certainly constantly shouting and berating them achieves nothing, particularly when they are empty threats.

Users who are viewing this thread