If these kids are the future we are in league 2 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Not sure Thorn will stay next season if SISU refuse to back him which all previous evidence suggests that they won't. I can see him resigning in protest in pre-season after SISU's promises have once again been broken.

in some ways I wish today he had just not made any substitutions, so that when Sheff went off we just played with 10 men and then when Bigi went off we played with 9 men and when Willis went off we played with 8.

What sort of fookin statement would that have been! That would have got headline news for sure.

Sisu should be ashamed of what we were reduced to today, but we all know ther don't give a flying fig.

Skybluesol

What kind of ridiculous thread is this!!!!!

We have a very talented academy team who in my opinion have offered more than most of experienced pros this season!!!

Talk of keeping hold of the likes of clingan and keogh I think there will be more interest in our younger players!!

Macca

Actually I also thought that thorn laid it on thick with the kids today, especially with it being on the tele.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think you are wrong Otis, you've gone down the wrong road somewhere. You can over analize games like many do but the bare facts are that for 46 games our squad was way too weak and inexperienced and yes I do think there was a little bit of clever politics in evidence today. The commentary and panelists were very sympathetic to our plight.

I missed the commentary, what did they say? Did SISU get a mention about reducing us to children who can't get a name at Boro? I heard there was a little bit of trouble with banners-did they pick up on that in TV? It all helps raise the profile.

D'ya reckon we can maybe sue the FL for not having robust enough fit and proper persons tests if they liquidate us?

farawayblue

Glen, I think you are out of order with that comment, a group of kids was thrown in at the deep end playing against a team that has been in the top two all season. I think if you actually look at how the academy has done this season and beaten some of the best academies in the country then you would know we have a talented bunch of kids that deserve the fans support when they have been thrown in at the deep end like they have.

TheHellion

It's just a typical Glen over-reaction!

In an ideal world, we'd have blooded these guys in over the course of a season with a few cup games to back it up, but circumstances dictate that we had no alternative but to throw them in at the deep end! It's far from ideal, but it really wasn't as bad as any of us thought it would be, and I think they deserve some credit! Some of those young lads put in some decent performances under the circumstances!

Brighton Sky Blue

Criticism of the youngsters today is nonsensical. Willis acquitted himself extremely well against the league's top scorer and the kids attracted praise from all quarters for fighting hard in a no-win game; I thought it was harsh that we had to put them on in such a game, but all of them can be pleased with their contribution. Would the score have been any different with Keogh in place of Willis? Probably not, and that's as high praise as I can give to the boy.

Astute

This thread proves that either some people are looking for and making up reasons for negative comments or attention seeking.....

Glen, you have had your 10 mins of fame. Well done

W

westcountry_skyblue

Disgraceful comment by Glen,All those kids can hold their heads high tonight.I thought we were the better team first half,although 3 rash minutes where defending let us down again.Played some nice football just need to be stronger in the challenge.PUSB,SISU OUT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread