If these kids are the future we are in league 2 (1 Viewer)

Glen

These kids are not good enough plain and simple

AngryAnt

Lambs to the slaughter springs to mind.
@ OP, bet you couldn't do any better.. Give them a chance, most of them haven't even started shaving yet!

torchomatic

If you are the future of our fan base then we are well and truly fucked.

Otis

It's strength as much as anything and that is very worrying. Can see League One as being increasingly physical and these kids not being strong enough. Don't think this is about their skill or lack of, it's about them simply being kids in a mans game.

This is why I cannot understand anyone being optimistic about next season, or indeed, be looking forwards to it.

Today is embarrassing as it is men against boys.

torchomatic

Well, I look at it differently. I don't find it embarrassing because it is literally men against boys. What else could we expect. If anything we should be proud of them.

Today is embarrassing as it is men against boys.

Otis

Well, I look at it differently. I don't find it embarrassing because it is literally men against boys. What else could we expect. If anything we should be proud of them.

Not being critical of the team here, or the kids or the manager. But this is not a spectacle. It is an embarrassment and the blame for that lies firmly at the door of Sisu.

I wasn't in any way shape or form being derogatory about the team out there, but I am finding this very embarrassing and I don't feel pride, i feel pity for them.

Otis

Fact is, they're not ready.

That is very much an embarrassment for the club that Sisu have allowed things to come to this.

Otis

Thanks, Stu. That was what I was talking about.

Proud of the academy but there is no way on God's earth that those kids should have been taking part in a match like that today. That is truly shocking.

Otis

If we are to play kids next season, it needs to be just a smattering and alongside some seasoned veterans who know League One like the backs of their hands.

Think a team of kids next season could get destroyed in a league like League One.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Glen?

you-mad-bro.png

stupot07

Thanks, Stu. That was what I was talking about.

Proud of the academy but there is no way on God's earth that those kids should have been taking part in a match like that today. That is truly shocking.

I thought the commentators were very respectful towards us, kept reminding viewers of how young the side was.

You look at Charlton and the two Sheffield clubs transfer dealings this season, and they have made around 20+ signings (mixture of perm and loans) this season. That's the kid of rebuilding we need to do otherwise we'll be looking at another relegation scrap.

Ashdown

Still proud to be Sky Blue, Great City following considering and good performances from Hussey and Baker. Yes we are lacking physical strength and experience but for all the idiots putting the boot into Thorn, just take a look at what was at his disposal. Fair play Andy, you were given nothing by SISU but you have laid some foundations at least for a lot of these mainly very young footballers. He deserves a job at CCFC next year, even if at assistant to an incoming manager.

SkyBlueEG

These kids will be good enough. The simple problem is that too many of them have been needed to provide cover too often. These kids need introducing progressively to gain experience. On the positive side they have gained valuable experience before most Academy players in other teams which will only benefit them and the team.

Otis

I think it's a moot point anyway, Ash, as he will be in charge next season.

He should walk though. I know they said they will back him, but do any of us actually believe that to be true?

And as for the kids, there is no way that we should be bringing players back from the likes of Nuneaton and handing out squad numbers like they are confetti in a competitive game such as today.

Otis

These kids will be good enough. The simple problem is that too many of them have been needed to provide cover too often. These kids need introducing progressively to gain experience. On the positive side they have gained valuable experience before most Academy players in other teams which will only benefit them and the team.

Well that's it in a nutshell. It's a disgrace that we had to blood 17 year old kids with no experience into such a game as this. That's what i find the most embarrassing. Not fair on the likes of Willis and Henderson and Roberts to be thrown into the lions den as we have seen this afternoon.

Until a couple of weeks ago I bet 99% of us didn't even know Henderson or Roberts existed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think he meant he was embarrassed by the kids who played, more embarrassed by the club/owners as a whole that it came to that today.

Ashdown

Why not Otis, it was a rather clever way by Thorn of showing the football world what those SISU cretins have done to our once proud football team. They fucked him over and us and he's let it be known on national TV.

torchomatic

Way. Unfortunately.

there is no way that we should be bringing players back from the likes of Nuneaton and handing out squad numbers like they are confetti in a competitive game such as today.

torchomatic

Oh, I know what he meant. I'm just saying I'm not embarrassed at all by today. It was to be expected and in the circumstances we gave it a go. You can't ask for more from your players - whoever they may be - than that.

I don't think he meant he was embarrassed by the kids who played, more embarrassed by the club/owners as a whole that it came to that today.

Otis

Why not Otis, it was a rather clever way by Thorn of showing the football world what those SISU cretins have done to our once proud football team. They fucked him over and us and he's let it be known on national TV.

You saying he used the kids as pawns? :thinking about:

And anyway, do they even give a shit.

Thorn should walk. These promises of players coming in just ring very hollow to my eyes.

Ashdown

I think you are wrong Otis, you've gone down the wrong road somewhere. You can over analize games like many do but the bare facts are that for 46 games our squad was way too weak and inexperienced and yes I do think there was a little bit of clever politics in evidence today. The commentary and panelists were very sympathetic to our plight.

Otis

Think you are misreading me, Ash.

Saying Thorn should walk because the reassurances he's had will not reach any kind of fruition. We are all sympathetic to our plight .... everyone except for Sisu. I'm agreeing with you the squad was too weak. Been saying that since last August.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

I think it's a moot point anyway, Ash, as he will be in charge next season.

He should walk though. I know they said they will back him, but do any of us actually believe that to be true?

And as for the kids, there is no way that we should be bringing players back from the likes of Nuneaton and handing out squad numbers like they are confetti in a competitive game such as today.

Not sure Thorn will stay next season if SISU refuse to back him which all previous evidence suggests that they won't. I can see him resigning in protest in pre-season after SISU's promises have once again been broken.

Users who are viewing this thread