if there was a fully fit team (1 Viewer)

lord_garrincha

Joking aside, playing 361...
- Keeper is obvious.
- Ever since L2, Robins has let the CDs keep the shirt until injury/suspension/shocker. So Rose is out until one of them happens.
- RWB is obvious.
- LWB will likely be McCallum by the end of October (harsh on Giles, but why else did we bring SMc in).
- I assume Kelly will keep his place with Hamer at CDM, but a slow recovery (which he is known for) gives Sheaf an opportunity this month.
- It looks like O'Hare & Allen as CAM.
- Godden up top.

In short, not much different to what we have now.

shmmeee

Still hoping Sheaf is a classier Kelly but not seeing it. McFadz is proving all the doubters wrong so can’t see the back line changing.

Maybe one of the unfit AMs in for Allen. That’s about it.

Legia Sky Blue

There doesn't seem to be a set in stone first XI from what I can see, which is good as it helps prevent complacency. I get the felling that where the competition for places is stiffest that the person holding the shirt will keep it unless they underperform or get injured. Marosi, Dabo, Hamer and O'Hare are probably the only one's certain of their places over the whole season. Up front Godden has his place fairly cemented at the moment, but I would hope that Walker will be pushing him before long if Godden's standards slip. The centre backs are any 3 from 4, LWB is a toss up, as is the holding midfield role between Kelly & Sheaf. That leaves one attacking midfield role for any of Allen, Shipley, Bapaga or even Walker if MR goes 2 up front. Of course when we sign Liam Walsh it will complicate matters even further :)

cc84cov

I think Hamer and Sheaf will be our most common partnership in holding midfield come the end of the season.
Kelly and Hamer will be first choice Kelly will walk back in once fit hes the one who won’t have to fight for his place back he brings so much to thr side

shmmeee

But who realistically would he replace? I’d have him behind Jobello along with Shipley, Allen and O’Hare. That’s if you’re sticking to the box midfield

I think he’d be pushing Allen for his spot if he were fit right now. Certainly a staple on the bench.

shmmeee

I think if everyone was fit
The way Robins lines his team up though needs a player more “box to box” Jones would have to replace O’Hare.

if you’re looking at player v player - Jones hasn’t performed above league two and whilst I don’t think he’s a championship player - Shipley proved last year that he’s a good league one player

I suspect if fully fit Hilßner would be ahead of Shipley. I’d be surprised if we spent money bringing in a backup TBH.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I suspect if fully fit Hilßner would be ahead of Shipley. I’d be surprised if we spent money bringing in a backup TBH.
Good point, I’ll be interested to see how his asthma has affected him and whether that will unlock the potential that Badlan clearly feels he has

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But we probably did the same with Kastaneer the year before. We didn't bring him in with the intention of not having him in the squad - he was going to be the superstar. You can bring someone in intending for a particular outcome but for whatever reason it doesn't work out that way.

Hilssner's had his breathing condition so we've no idea what he might be capable of yet, but for me it's for him to prove he's more worthy of it that Shipley and Allen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fully fit Jones over Shipley all day for me

So who links up with the striker? Jones likes to get the ball and run with it. O'Hare is a similar sort of player too.

If we're playing two ACM's you need at least one acting more like the second striker assisting the main forward and acting as a foil to O'Hare, creating space for him. Jones wouldn't do that IMO and as a pairing Jones and O'Hare could be good against poorer teams, but on the whole either Shipley or Allen next to O'Hare offers a much broader set of attributes.

robbiekeane

So who links up with the striker? Jones likes to get the ball and run with it. O'Hare is a similar sort of player too.

If we're playing two ACM's you need at least one acting more like the second striker assisting the main forward and acting as a foil to O'Hare, creating space for him. Jones wouldn't do that IMO and as a pairing Jones and O'Hare could be good against poorer teams, but on the whole either Shipley or Allen next to O'Hare offers a much broader set of attributes.
Fair point. Got my FIFA hat on.

Users who are viewing this thread