If The Unthinkable Happens ? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

I'll just get up a bit later on Saturday mornings.
I already take an interest in other local clubs and I'll continue to follow the England and USA men's and women's national teams.

Liquid Gold

I wonder if this board is representative of how much of the fan base is outside the city or there are more of us here because we don't get our cov chat elsewhere.

So many of us outside the city just wouldn't put the effort in to a new club if ours died, the travel can be an absolute killer sometimes, particularly when we're playing badly. I just wouldn't put that effort in to something that wasn't in my blood.

shmmeee

So if the club is finished by people with a vested interest in seeing the back of sisu, people who have promoted the idea of a new club without sisu, that would be like supporting afc wimbledon ?

I do love how this rumour has come fully formed out of Nicks ass and now it’s gospel.

shmmeee

To answer the question: fuck knows.

There’s no leader to coalesce around for a new club. Any new club would be formed by one of the current factions and would split the fan base. No new club without a unified fan base realistically.

I’d probably give up following football TBF.

Manchester_sky_blue

I wonder if this board is representative of how much of the fan base is outside the city or there are more of us here because we don't get our cov chat elsewhere.

So many of us outside the city just wouldn't put the effort in to a new club if ours died, the travel can be an absolute killer sometimes, particularly when we're playing badly. I just wouldn't put that effort in to something that wasn't in my blood.
Ditto.

Johnnythespider

I do love how this rumour has come fully formed out of Nicks ass and now it’s gospel.
It's all hypothetical and i think a deal will be done, my comment comes more from things I've seen on social media, with fans stating they would gladly start again lower down to rid the club of sisu.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's all hypothetical and i think a deal will be done, my comment comes more from things I've seen on social media, with fans stating they would gladly start again lower down to rid the club of sisu.

Don't want to, but if SISU have no plans for us outside of using us as a pawn in their legal wrangles, I'd go with it. In all the debates we talk about the future of the club. Short term pain for long term gain for me.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When I lived on the IoW, I regularly went to watch my local team, Newport (IW). They were great games. Blood and guts, grass roots footy! Now I live in Malvern, I might take a look at the local team here. Apparently, they're playing quite well. And there's always Worcester. Same level as Newport (IW). Remember that they dumped City out of the FA cup a while back? Yep. Just might go along, just to get my live footy fix!

shmmeee

That doesn’t mean there’s a conspiracy to distress the club though does it?

Any more than @chiefdave really wants grannies dying because he’s happy costing CCC thousands in court fees.

clint van damme

That doesn’t mean there’s a conspiracy to distress the club though does it?

Any more than @chiefdave really wants grannies dying because he’s happy costing CCC thousands in court fees.

It's not Nick though is it?
It's the amount of people you hear saying it.
Tha5 doesn't mean there's a conspiracy though you're right but it's worrying how many people thin it's a good idea.

ceetee

But as I said in a post above, dropping down the leagues does not necessarily get rid of SISU. They could retain ownership in a lower league. After all, they don't much care about the club as long as it doesn't cost money

shmmeee

It's not Nick though is it?
It's the amount of people you hear saying it.
Tha5 doesn't mean there's a conspiracy though you're right but it's worrying how many people thin it's a good idea.

Nicks where I first saw the “the Trust are trying to distress CCFC in cahoots with CCC” nonsense.

That’s not the same as a fan saying “I’d take us going bust if it got rid of Sisu”

Nick

Administrator
Nicks where I first saw the “the Trust are trying to distress CCFC in cahoots with CCC” nonsense.

That’s not the same as a fan saying “I’d take us going bust if it got rid of Sisu”

Is it nonsense?

I suppose it was nonsense with Haskell as well?

Ashdown

So what if we are voted out and SISU retain ownership of the club in a lower league. They are still the real CCFC and any other start up would be a protest club, like AFC MU, not a phoenix club like Hereford
They could stick it right up their arses .If SISU fuck the club up as it stands now then I'm done with any connection with them going forward.

skybluesam66

No idea what I would do. If there was a viable alternative I would probably follow. If we did get demoted to level 7 or 8 Sisu would be gone by default as at that point they have nothing left

I am still optimistic that we will start next season at the Ricoh

European city of sport. City of culture??

Users who are viewing this thread