If The Unthinkable Happens ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

With time running out for our football club, and we don't know what the outcome will be as to our status next season, as a Coventry City supporter what will your reaction be if it comes to a bad conclusion ?
Will you say that's it I've had enough, or will you remain stoic and say I'll still follow the club whatever league we're in ? I can confidently say I'll still carry on whatever happens, but obviously I want good news not bad.
Once a fan always a fan, or only if we're not playing non league football ?

chiefdave

If it’s still the same club then I’m still in. Not interested in a Phoenix club.

Not sure there’s an outcome of ‘bad conclusion’ where the club continues to exist.

shepardo01

I'll feel like going on a rampage, smashing up the ricoh and grafitti-ing anything Wasps related. What i will actually do though is nothing. What could I do.
Would certainly not support a "Phoenix " club. Said on a previous post that anybody who wants this needs their head looking at. Having played at most levels of Non league, it would be heart breaking, horrific and would be the death of everything CCFC related as it would not last long before it fell to pieces due to fan ecpectations.

Captain Dart

No point in speculating, it will just lead to the tired old usual arguments.

Johnnythespider

If it feels like the club has been deliberately killed to start anew without sisu it would be like supporting MK dons to me.

Nick

Administrator
If it feels like the club has been deliberately killed to start anew without sisu it would be like supporting MK dons to me.

That's exactly how it would feel.

If it backfires somehow and it means no club and people bang on about a new club, they would be just as complicit and I hope to god they get all the shit they deserve.

Samo

If it backfires somehow and it means no club and people bang on about a new club, they would be just as complicit and I hope to god they get all the shit they deserve.

Surely it would be more like supporting AFC Wimbledon rather than MK?

Nick

Administrator

Nope.

If our fans groups and other parties want to be complicit in distressing CCFC and it ends up with them vanishing and them strolling out with a new club. I hope it burns down the next day and every game gets abandoned due to broken legs.

Ashdown

I couldn't support another English football club so that would basically be it here. It would be Elche in Spain for me and Cov Rugby when back in Blighty. Still think SISU will find a conscience from somewhere .......or just accept they are not going to win in court and call it a day.

Johnnythespider

So if the club is finished by people with a vested interest in seeing the back of sisu, people who have promoted the idea of a new club without sisu, that would be like supporting afc wimbledon ?

bringbackrattles

A fan on the radio the other night said it will be best to go down to non league and start again. I felt physically sick at the thought of that. That's what inspired me to start this thread. Surely common sense will prevail ?

rob9872

I'll dedicate my time to disrupting wasps games and will do time for my intentions on Lucas Duggins Sepalla and Fisher not to mention the anthrax I post to the EFL

chiefdave

A fan on the radio the other night said it will be best to go down to non league and start again. I felt physically sick at the thought of that. That's what inspired me to start this thread. Surely common sense will prevail ?
People have got this idea we’ll march straight up the leagues and be back in L1 in a couple of years. Reality is we will be playing the likes of Brackley Town in front of a few hundred people.

GaryJones

Nick
What would you do with the Sky Blue Talk forum if we folded?
God forbid - you’d have to get yourself a proper job! :happy:

Super Graham Withey

I'd take a new club all day long to get rid of SISU. If you're happy for a city of our size to have a football club that meanders around League One and League Two and treats its supporters with utter contempt forever, then you take the status quo, ie SISU. I'd take a few steps backward to go forward in the long term. If the Sky Blue Trust was serious about doing something, they should be asking the fanbase about their views on a new club. The EFL may be asking The Sky Blue Trust to canvas the opinion of the fanbase on this in the near future.

Nick

Administrator
I'd take a new club all day long to get rid of SISU. If you're happy for a city of our size to have a football club that meanders around League One and League Two and treats its supporters with utter contempt forever, then you take the status quo, ie SISU. I'd take a few steps backward to go forward in the long term. If the Sky Blue Trust was serious about doing something, they should be asking the fanbase about their views on a new club. The EFL may be asking The Sky Blue Trust to canvas the opinion of the fanbase on this in the near future.

Go and support Cov United then. Cheerio.

If the Trust decide to be complicit in distressing CCFC and then try to unveil a new club, I hope they get all the shit they deserve.

GaryJones

New club?
It would probably end up being called Coventry City Wasps FC - you can fuck right off!

GaryJones

Where would this afc Cov play? If it ever came down to that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Ricoh - Coventry City Wasps FC
Can picture it now - changed kit to Yellow and Black stripes!
Wake me up from that nightmare!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Ricoh - Coventry City Wasps FC
Can picture it now - changed kit to Yellow and Black stripes!
Wake me up from that nightmare!!

Yeah but it means no SISU......

giphy.gif

GaryJones

Wouldn’t surprise me if Wasps sat tight regardless then picked CCFC up from the tradegy and come out as fucking hero’s.
Makes sense for them to get control of all the sporting institutions at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
Nick
What would you do with the Sky Blue Talk forum if we folded?
God forbid - you’d have to get yourself a proper job! :happy:

change it to ripccfc.com and make it read only as reference for the rest of the days of the internet.

GaryJones

change it to ripccfc.com and make it read only as reference for the rest of the days of the internet.
Times ticking!
upload_2019-2-24_16-37-57.gif

Gibbo

And none of us will have to ever buy a ticket for a City game ever again!
I suspect the moral outrage would die down in about, I dunno, 3-4 weeks, and a spurious excuse would be found for supporting a WASPS/CCFC. When I have watched Wasps the fans seem just the sort who are probably watching the Sky Blues as well. Which they probably are.

1ccfc

After supporting Coventry for 40 years, with nearly half of those being in the Championship or lower, crap owners, no ground I might just do what my mates did at school and go for the glory. So there is this other team who wear sky blue, also have 'City' in their name. Wow I could be on for the quadruple here! Every cloud . Before anyone has a melt down, I'm only joking. If Liverpool win the league, then I'm a red.

Gibbo

The MK Dons story seems to be that if you put a team in a reasonable sized catchment, it will acquire a supporter base, regardless of the history. Maybe not the people on here, but even so, plenty of people. Whatever happened to that alternative Manchester team set up in opposition to the Glaziers?
Anyway, personally I think the odd are that this is all about negotiation and a deal will be done, and all this hysteria will be consigned to Nick's database.

Brighton Sky Blue

With time running out for our football club, and we don't know what the outcome will be as to our status next season, as a Coventry City supporter what will your reaction be if it comes to a bad conclusion ?
Will you say that's it I've had enough, or will you remain stoic and say I'll still follow the club whatever league we're in ? I can confidently say I'll still carry on whatever happens, but obviously I want good news not bad.
Once a fan always a fan, or only if we're not playing non league football ?

If the club goes out of existence-sod English football but keep an interest in it in countries where they give a fuck about the fans.

If it gets reformed in non-league, same as above.

If it has to play somewhere else but is still the same entity, keep supporting it.

Users who are viewing this thread