"I'd relish playing with Clarke" - Goldie (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
we don't know who DM's agent is, but i'm sure he will be representing quite a few footballers,
the agents primary concern is to get the best deal he can,
for the footballer(alledgedly) & HIMSELF(i suspect no1),
it would be interesting to find out who this (agent) is ?
mind you trying to negotiate with the likes of sisu / f & w, must be like trying to herd cats

Aslong as its not the same c-unit MK had we may have a chance of keeping hold of him......

That said, all agents probably look for the same thing; as much money as THEY can get!

Nick

Administrator
Of course agents usually get a % so want their clients to get the best deals too! Loyalty doesn't come into it unless we can bribe the agent :D

georgehudson

& so it's down to the %,s of who brokers, agents, & manages the deal,
would be nice for the 'agent' to justify his stance,
the opportunity for DM is huge @ CCFC,
whether he's allowed or explained of that opportunity is a point for the agent to explain,
PUSB

georgehudson

& so it's down to the %,s of who brokers, agents, & manages the deal,
would be nice for the 'agent' to justify his stance,
the opportunity for DM is huge @ CCFC,
whether he's allowed or explained of that opportunity is a point for the agent to explain,
PUSB

Astute

The one bit of hope I have is that it has gone quiet on teams interested in him. What Championship club would take a punt on a player that has failed in that division before? Would he want to go to a relegation battle for a club at the bottom and risk going down when we are going up.....and going to Wembley? :D

I can't see him wanting to go to another Div3 club either.

jagman

At the end of the day a player employs an agent to get the best deal he can for that player. If when the options are put to him, what player is going to turn down perhaps £12,000 to say £14,000 a week to stay at a club which will pay £4,000 to £5,000 a week if that ? Not many i suspect including mcgoldrick. As always money talks so say goodbye to him after Tuesday and thanks for the memories.

Astute

At the end of the day a player employs an agent to get the best deal he can for that player. If when the options are put to him, what player is going to turn down perhaps £12,000 to say £14,000 a week to stay at a club which will pay £4,000 to £5,000 a week if that ? Not many i suspect including mcgoldrick. As always money talks so say goodbye to him after Tuesday and thanks for the memories.

So who has offered him even 10k then?

Gaz

We all know that he is going to get offered more money to play at other clubs than we can offer him.
The best we can hope for is that he likes it here and is enjoying his football playing for Cov under Mark Robins.
Doesn't really fill us with confidence that he will sign.
Tbf to him, he has came here on loan, done brilliantly and now deserves a good contract somewhere.

... But what a strike force it would be in this league if we did sign both players permanently :)

dongonzalos

We all know that he is going to get offered more money to play at other clubs than we can offer him.
The best we can hope for is that he likes it here and is enjoying his football playing for Cov under Mark Robins.
Doesn't really fill us with confidence that he will sign.
Tbf to him, he has came here on loan, done brilliantly and now deserves a good contract somewhere.

... But what a strike force it would be in this league if we did sign both players permanently :)

I think the best would be that his agent says, don't sign for anyone you can get more money as a free agent in the summer.
Then big Eck doesn't fancy him after having at look at him.
Then he comes back to us on loan end of Jan.

Gaz

I think the best would be that his agent says, don't sign for anyone you can get more money as a free agent in the summer.
Then big Eck doesn't fancy him after having at look at him.
Then he comes back to us on loan end of Jan.

Because of the great form he is in, he will get a very good contract offer in January.
He won't get much more when he is a free agent, because Forrest won't get a big fee for him now with only 6 months left on his contract anyway.
Also if he decided to run his contract down, he runs the risk that if he gets injured then he gets nothing.

jagman

So who has offered him even 10k then?
My point is that if all the rumours are to be beleived there are half a dozen chamopionship clubs looking seriously at him and you can bet anything you like they are going to pay him considerably more than we can. Plus Forest are going to want to unload him in the transfer window and that is going to include a fee.

Astute

My point is that if all the rumours are to be beleived there are half a dozen chamopionship clubs looking seriously at him and you can bet anything you like they are going to pay him considerably more than we can. Plus Forest are going to want to unload him in the transfer window and that is going to include a fee.

Not heard of any clubs looking at him for ages. What have you heard about these half dozen clubs? Who are they?

BackRoomRummermill

Who is actively looking at DMG ? name the clubs and sources !! ( please do not say a red top )

Are you his agent? it sounds like what an agent would say to put unwanted pressure on a club when it is total bull

Forest have an abundance of strikers and are doing OK in the Champ , common Forest we will look after him for you guys !!

Gaz

Agents do talk up players transfers undoubtedly.
But on this occasion I think it's fair to say there will be a lot of interest in David McGoldrick.

Astute

At 12k minimum though?

There is less money about in football now. Hardly any clubs in the championship can afford a massive amount for a single player.

Astute

Elliott Clarke and McG up front against the Shrews :D

Users who are viewing this thread