Id drop Gyok (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Well said. He was running riot when Waghorn was either setting him up or drawing defenders away to free up space for Gyo. I can understand why MR prefers the Godden-Gyo combo, but something seems to be missing the last 2 matches. Not sure if the recent international break has caused us to lose momentum. But today was 2 points dropped against a depleted team. We need something now vs Bournemouth.

We didn’t have great momentum before the break either. Teams have changed their approach against us and it’s possibly time to tweak what we’re doing in return

Brighton Sky Blue

January I expect a player or 2 to come in we need competition for o’hare,someone who today comes on and changes the game

Players like that don’t come cheap. But yes some extra quality to take the pressure off the usual suspects is needed

rexo87

Brilliant with back to goal with the ball on the floor and also strong runner with the ball and into channels. Doesn’t win anything with his head whether flick on or from crosses (I know the quality of crosses hasn’t been brilliant).

I would play him with Walker on Saturday. Despite how poor our crossing is Gyo and Goddens movement from crosses is terrible. Walker tends to make decent runs and can run across his defender (see goal away at Blackburn)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Brilliant with back to goal with the ball on the floor and also strong runner with the ball and into channels. Doesn’t win anything with his head whether flick on or from crosses (I know the quality of crosses hasn’t been brilliant).

I would play him with Walker on Saturday. Despite how poor our crossing is Gyo and Goddens movement from crosses is terrible. Walker tends to make decent runs and can run across his defender (see goal away at Blackburn)

Who’s putting these crosses in ? Or should I say who is capable of putting crosses in ?
Gyo plays better with Waghorn I’m sure the stats back this up as since Waghorn been injured I’m not sure Gyo has scored

rexo87

Who’s putting these crosses in ? Or should I say who is capable of putting crosses in ?
Gyo plays better with Waghorn I’m sure the stats back this up as since Waghorn been injured I’m not sure Gyo has scored

Agree Gyo is better with Waghorn but that’s not possible atm. Kane and Maatsen are capable of putting in decent deliveries

CovBrummie94

The Blues CBs did a great job on him last night, especially their number 21. He had to get his late effort on target though and at least force the keeper into a save.

Think it will be back to 1 up against Bournemouth so Gyokores has to start. We need Waghorn back asap.

harvey098

He has an amazing ability to win tussles against much bigger CB’s. He seems to just ease defenders off the ball. It’s not as though he’s missing a lot of chances eaither, we haven’t created many clear cut chances recently really.

Gint11

He works hard and contributes but he didn’t look like scoring last night. He wasn’t in the positions to score, probably dropping deep to help the team get up the field.
He looked quite lightweight and struggled to keep the ball under control but we love him. His channel runs are very good, great use of space generally.

We miss Waghorn. Not for goals, for championship level savvy ness and balance.

robbiekeane

He works hard and contributes but he didn’t look like scoring last night. He wasn’t in the positions to score, probably dropping deep to help the team get up the field.
He looked quite lightweight and struggled to keep the ball under control but we love him. His channel runs are very good, great use of space generally.

We miss Waghorn. Not for goals, for championship level savvy ness and balance.
He was taken down when he was through on goal where they got booked, and then at the end had a golden opportunity to score and missed. Not sure it’s true to say he didn’t have the opportunities

CCFCSteve

Our strikers need to make more near post runs.

I was saying exactly that last night, nobody gets across front post which makes it easier to defend. Seeing our crosses rarely get it over/past first man surely it’s worth a gamble

ohare put a couple of decent balls in first half but comfortably defended

CCFCSteve

He was taken down when he was through on goal where they got booked, and then at the end had a golden opportunity to score and missed. Not sure it’s true to say he didn’t have the opportunities

Agreed. He also put Hamer through after holding up and running at their defence (hamer poked straight at keeper from 12 yards). Not sure what people are watching sometimes. Holding up the ball with big lump defenders all over you isn’t easy. Second half he was a handful

fernandopartridge

Agreed. He also put Hamer through after holding up and running at their defence (hamer poked straight at keeper from 12 yards). Not sure what people are watching sometimes. Holding up the ball with big lump defenders all over you isn’t easy. Second half he was a handful
Not only that but he's dragging them all over the pitch opening up space for others

Bertola

Love Vik, but i thought for the first hour last night he was poor. For the last 30 mins though he was a real handful and started looking like the Viktor from the start of the season.

Bad miss at the end though

olderskyblue

8 games without a goal.

Doesnt look like scoring

If that was Biamou there would be WW3 on here

Discuss
It’s clearly a ”Max” thing with you isn’t it? ;)

pusbccfc

Who do you drop him for? Godden was woeful up front alone last week at Bournemouth.

Gyökeres is desperate for Waghorn to return.

Sky Blue Harry H

We need to drop Dabo because somebody played a first time ball past him, Hyam because he is L2, Fadz (too old and prone to an error, Maatsen too small, Hamer - off elsewhere, Kelly - L1 standard, Sheaf (because half of our forum don't rate him), O'Hare because of his finishing, Godden - too slow, Vik - barren run, Walker - anonymous.

So our team should be Moore, Kane, Rose, Pask, Drysdale, Reid, Shippers, Eccles, Tavares, Ngandu, Waghorn. Obviously recall Bapaga.

This should lift us out of the bottom 3 and would see the soulless bowl filled with positivity.

Reppz

His downturn in form does seem to have coincided with that dreadful song. None of the lyrics fit to the tune of the original. We need a new one.

Torquay Sky Blue

Tries to turn every time he receives the ball. He's been worked out and needs to work on his game. They just double up on him and we don't take advantage

Liquid Gold

I actually didn’t think he was too bad in the second half yesterday. He held the ball up decently and spread the play well.

That was when we were on top though. What it proved is we need to get the ball ip to him quicker and not spend our time resetting at the back.

His goal drought has coincided with Waghorn being out but also us abandoning the high press high intensity game for long periods.

Grendel

I actually didn’t think he was too bad in the second half yesterday. He held the ball up decently and spread the play well.

That was when we were on top though. What it proved is we need to get the ball ip to him quicker and not spend our time resetting at the back.

His goal drought has coincided with Waghorn being out but also us abandoning the high press high intensity game for long periods.

Waghorn played in 3 games after he stopped his scoring run and also didn’t play against Fulham

Cov kid 55

We need to drop Dabo because somebody played a first time ball past him, Hyam because he is L2, Fadz (too old and prone to an error, Maatsen too small, Hamer - off elsewhere, Kelly - L1 standard, Sheaf (because half of our forum don't rate him), O'Hare because of his finishing, Godden - too slow, Vik - barren run, Walker - anonymous.

So our team should be Moore, Kane, Rose, Pask, Drysdale, Reid, Shippers, Eccles, Tavares, Ngandu, Waghorn. Obviously recall Bapaga.

This should lift us out of the bottom 3 and would see the soulless bowl filled with positivity.
I think the point that’s being made about Dabo, is that he’s not a centre half, not that he’s not a good player. And to be fair, he was very poor for that first goal, a total lack of appreciation of what was happening. The argument primarily being made about Dabo is that it appears that come hell or high water, MR is going to play him, even out of position. It’s legitimate posting.

Cov kid 55

I wouldn’t drop Gyokeres, he’s the only one who can hold the ball up (in the absence of Waghorn - and what’s the score with him?), and I didn’t think he did to badly yesterday, even if his shooting boots were absent.

ExmouthNeil

Different player with Wagehorn next to him.

I was about to say something similar...

I know a lot of people don't rate him but as a team we look far more of a threat with Waghorn in it... More to the point Gyökeres scores goals when they play together.

DannyThomas_1981

I wouldn’t drop Gyokeres, he’s the only one who can hold the ball up (in the absence of Waghorn - and what’s the score with him?), and I didn’t think he did to badly yesterday, even if his shooting boots were absent.

I agree 100% covkid. The only thing I would say is that Gyo is attempting too many Hollywood finishes - I simply think he's desperate to get back on the scoresheet. Not helped either by the fact that we've been chasing most games of late after gifting goals to the oppo. But he looks like he is getting back to full fitness.

I've been trying to think who he most reminds me of as a mobile front man and who can hold the ball up and also drive forward at defences with the ball at feet - reminds me a little of Nikolas Bendtner? We haven't had many forwards like him during my time watching the City.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread