Id drop Gyok (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

I think the point that’s being made about Dabo, is that he’s not a centre half, not that he’s not a good player. And to be fair, he was very poor for that first goal, a total lack of appreciation of what was happening. The argument primarily being made about Dabo is that it appears that come hell or high water, MR is going to play him, even out of position. It’s legitimate posting.

No problem querying where/if MR selects Dabo. It just seems that 3/4 of the team gets a thread started about them following any sort of blip. I know it's a forum so that will inevitably happen, just don't want to lose the positivity and togetherness, that has been obvious to all, eroded. If some of that transfers to the stadium, then it will become self defeating. Poorish performance yesterday, by recent standards, yet we lost to last season's PL team by a handball goal - it wasn't a disaster.

Frostie

I agree 100% covkid. The only thing I would say is that Gyo is attempting too many Hollywood finishes - I simply think he's desperate to get back on the scoresheet.

That stoppage time shot that he horribly dragged miles wide there was a pass on to put Walker (who'd made a great run) in on goal. That said, I'd expect most goalscorers to take a shot on in that scenario, Walker definitely would if roles were reversed.

CCFCSteve

No problem querying where/if MR selects Dabo. It just seems that 3/4 of the team gets a thread started about them following any sort of blip. I know it's a forum so that will inevitably happen, just don't want to lose the positivity and togetherness, that has been obvious to all, eroded. If some of that transfers to the stadium, then it will become self defeating. Poorish performance yesterday, by recent standards, yet we lost to last season's PL team by a handball goal - it wasn't a disaster.

Spot on. Perspective has disappeared for some recently. Moaners then hide behind the ‘we just want to see us do better’ line. However if they were there watching us in an empty stadium struggling in L1 and then in L2 they’ll know how far we’ve come in a relatively short space of time.

We all want us to win every game but we are playing against clubs paying players 40,50,60k per week FFS. All our lads give everything and that’s all we can ask. Vik is still the man and a handful for any defence. Should’ve been rested for a couple of weeks after Blackburn injury but he’s fit now, just lacking a bit of confidence but that will be back soon

Esoterica

You can't possibly drop him if we continue to play in the same style that we have been. He's the only one of our forwards that can hold the ball up with any consistency and create something for himself. It would need a lot of tactical tweaking before he could be dropped, including a more patient possession based game with a commitment to get many more players forward and into the box from midfield.

Part of the problem in recent weeks is that we seem to have run of ideas when teams execute a decent game plan against us and plan A doesn't work. Push Maatsen back, double mark Gyokeres, press our defensive midfield high up the pitch and suddenly we look very impotent.

Waghorn does make a big difference to the way we play. He pressures high up the pitch and forces mistakes that mean we regain possession in areas that are already dangerous. O'Hare yesterday was winning balls back 15 metres from his own box and with a 35 metre gap to our strikers. We are then massively reliant on an outlet from the wingbacks, or for him to be able to carry the ball 20 metres himself. Even then it is very end to end and hectic. Exciting to watch for fans when it comes off but low chance of success rate because of the skill and passing accuracy required, particularly in the first half of games where teams are fresh and organised still - part of the reason we score so few first half goals I suspect.

Saddlebrains

Make that 12 now.

Either he misses Waghorn more than we know or he may actually be shit and just had a purple patch. Andy Morrell bagged a few in a phase once 🤷‍♂️

shmmeee

Make that 12 now.

Either he misses Waghorn more than we know or he may actually be shit and just had a purple patch. Andy Morrell bagged a few in a phase once 🤷‍♂️

Hes playing left wing for a start. Barely got anywhere near their area today.

slowpoke

He is a centre forward don’t know if playing wide is an instruction from the bench or what but it ain’t working,
He should stay central and occupy the centre halves. He’s still an inexperienced youngster learning the ugly bits of championship football.

ccfctommy

I sometimes think that some of you don't watch the games. Digging out a player who played like twenty minutes today. Even the games where he hasn't scored, he's done well. He's difficult to play against.

Saddlebrains

I sometimes think that some of you don't watch the games. Digging out a player who played like twenty minutes today. Even the games where he hasn't scored, he's done well. He's difficult to play against.

Well thats OK then, as long as he's difficult to play against. Lets ignore the fact our main striker has gone over a quarter of a season without a goal

SkyBlue_Bear83

Probably isn't as good as his early season form suggested and isn't as shit as saddlebrains thinks he is is and is probably somewhere in the middle.

Miles ahead of Walker and overall game is better than Godden and needs to be starting.

fatso

Gyokeres must be well pissed off with Walker ahead of him.
If Walker is starting we really are struggling. Hopefully MR was putting Walker in the shop window!

Users who are viewing this thread