Id drop Gyok (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

8 games without a goal.

Doesnt look like scoring

If that was Biamou there would be WW3 on here

Discuss

SBT

Biamou comparison is elite level trolling

(I do think he needs a rest at some stage)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I wouldn't drop him....but I'd have subbed him for walker tonight....and given Walker more than the pathetic 5 mins added time he got....

PVA

I do think he could do with a rest.

But the problem is we look far less threatening as a team when he isn't on the pitch.

Fergusons_Beard

8 games without a goal.

Doesnt look like scoring

If that was Biamou there would be WW3 on here

Discuss

It’s Godden that needs dropping.

It’s the partnership that doesn’t work & I don’t know the solution because Walker Gyo doesn’t work either and nor does Walker God!!

But what I do know is that Gyo works so hard, holds the ball up so well and runs the channels brilliantly.

Not his fault our last third play has been atrocious and our final ball terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Liquid Gold

He was better than he has been for a good while tonight.

If you drop him you play the box or Walker with Godden and I don't want either.

skybluegod

It’s the partnership that doesn’t work & I don’t know the solution because Walker Gyo doesn’t work either and nor does Walker God!!

But what I do know is that Gyo works so hard, holds the ball up so well and runs the channels brilliantly.

Not his fault our last third play has been atrocious and our final ball terrible.

I'm sorry how can you say these combinations categorically don't work given that they haven't played more than handful of games together? Especially the walker & gyo combo which I don't think has had more than about 3 games? And I don't think ever back to back starts?

The reality is at this level, you won't have a single combination that works anyway. It will require different attributes for different games.

slowpoke

Tightly marked tonight and there were too many long, high bouncing balls to him not great tonight but who was ?

pusbccfc

Ridiculous

Sick Boy

How many 90 mins has he played with Walker for you to decide that?
He’s always looked better with Waghorn though

Saddlebrains

Fuck me this got more bites than planned.

Only half serious. We dont have another option.

On the other side though, say he goes 14/15 without a goal. What would thoughts be then?

Brighton Sky Blue

Fuck me this got more bites than planned.

Only half serious. We dont have another option.

On the other side though, say he goes 14/15 without a goal. What would thoughts be then?

I think it’s less a problem specifically with him and more a real difficulty in breaking sides down when they don’t give us the luxury of counter attacks. Reminiscent of last season somewhat

fernandopartridge

I do think that Gyok might benefit from having a couple of sub appearances, just on the basis against tired centre backs he's the last person they want to see.

SkyblueTexan

Different player with Wagehorn next to him.
Well said. He was running riot when Waghorn was either setting him up or drawing defenders away to free up space for Gyo. I can understand why MR prefers the Godden-Gyo combo, but something seems to be missing the last 2 matches. Not sure if the recent international break has caused us to lose momentum. But today was 2 points dropped against a depleted team. We need something now vs Bournemouth.

Users who are viewing this thread