Ian Maatsen (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Crazy world of football with Chelsea demanding 20m for him?

Astute

Crazy world of football with Chelsea demanding 20m for him?
In the silly world of Prem valuations it would be about right. If he was owned by a Championship side his valuation would be much lower.

cstring82

They’ve probably used the basis of what they’ve paid out for players and thought we’d have paid £X mil for them so they must be worth it.

If they are demanding that he’ll be sat on the bench for the season unless Chilwell and Cucarella get injured.

slowpoke

It’s just the crazy world of Chelsea and their deluded owners.
Chelsea have a lot of players they have to get rid of, I believe they have around 50 players scattered around loaned out, they ain’t the only club either.

Nuskyblue

20m seems mental but it's not a million miles away from what Djed Spence went for last season and I'd argue that Maatsen is the better of the two.

I think the prices in football are just mental tbh.

Grendel

20m seems mental but it's not a million miles away from what Djed Spence went for last season and I'd argue that Maatsen is the better of the two.

I think the prices in football are just mental tbh.

he’s never going for £20 million

Deity

Maartsen totally different class to Bidwell and lots of improvement still to come . What is crazy though is the fee differential … I’d be amazed if we got £200k for Bidwell and the gap between the players isn’t £19.8m.

NortonSkyBlue

I respect the opinions of others on here but the pile on Bidwell is frankly beyond me. Maatsen may have improved and have room to improve more after his spell with us. It’s telling that Bidwell was near enough always chosen by Robins even over Maatsen.

Grendel

There's no pile on. I think most people would say Bidwell is a very solid player but quite limited going forward.

I don't see how anyone could say Bidwell is better than Maatsen though. One of them is being chased by Premier league clubs while the other looks like being palmed off to Birmingham.

And your last sentence isn't really true. Bidwell filled in at centre back a lot towards the end of the season (and did very well tbf), but when both were fighting for the LWB spot I'd say Maatsen played more often.

Who is actually chasing him?

Alkhen

Figures quoted in the press are hardly ever right, but if this is true you can't blame Chelsea for chancing their arm seeing as they know Burnley are flush and Maatsen is integral to their style.

IM has loads of potential, I'm sure he'll have a lot of suitors if he goes.

napolimp

The value of a player is whatever clubs are willing to actually pay for that player. So at the moment it's nothing.

Hertsccfc

Maatsen is a very talented player who will spend most of his career in the Premier League. Bidwell has had a good career in the Championship.

Grendel

He's a good player and young.he won't play lower than prem level again. 20m sounds bout right. Defo not crazy anyway

Better than Hamer then? Wow that’s an admission!

Skyblue_LDN

I doubt they rate him at £20m, they don’t exactly have to sell anyone, however they will need to offset their spend in the next few years given the crazy amount Boehly has spent on lengthly contracts

SIR ERNIE

He's a good player and young.he won't play lower than prem level again. 20m sounds bout right. Defo not crazy anyway
He had plenty of average/poor performances during his season with us. Surrounded by better players last season he looked improved but that's not surprising.
There's nothing to say he's worth anywhere near £20m or even that he's good enough to hold down a regular place in the PL.

Evo1883

Max aarons had a great season in the prem for Norwich 1st time round and they demanded 16 million which Liverpool wouldn't pay .. not sure 20 mill is right maybe 10-12

Grendel

People just bitter he left imoa

Amazed you think his worth as much as Gyokeres at least and more than Hamer - you really must rate him massively

covcity4life

Amazed you think his worth as much as Gyokeres at least and more than Hamer - you really must rate him massively
I think gyok and hamer worth more

But also know Chelsea in better situation to negotiate for the price they want than cov are quite simply.

PVA

But also know Chelsea in better situation to negotiate for the price they want than cov are quite simply.

Yes it's almost as if a player's transfer value is not based solely on their ability at the time.

If Chelsea think he's a big talent and potential first teamer in the future then why not stick a £20m price tag on him? Doesn't mean that's what he's actually worth.

Just standard strawman stuff from Grendel.

Deity

I doubt they rate him at £20m, they don’t exactly have to sell anyone, however they will need to offset their spend in the next few years given the crazy amount Boehly has spent on lengthly contracts
Chelsea do need to sell this summer and their “home grown “ players are their priority to sell as they can realise the full value to their balance sheet.

Not qualifying for the champions league has made this an imperative.

don’t be surprised to see Mount, Maartsen, Colwill, Hudson Odoi , Gallagher, etc all get sold this summer.

covcity4life

Yes it's almost as if a player's transfer value is not based solely on their ability at the time.

If Chelsea think he's a big talent and potential first teamer in the future then why not stick a £20m price tag on him? Doesn't mean that's what he's actually worth.

Just standard strawman stuff from Grendel.
He said no one in championship would sign hyam and said hamer not worth 5m. Transfer fees not his strong point.

Also we all know real reason he don't like maatsen. Add him to the list

Grendel

Why he’s never played a game in the premier league. Arsenal I guess then will ask for what £10 mil for Norton Cuffey?

Grendel

He said no one in championship would sign hyam and said hamer not worth 5m. Transfer fees not his strong point.

Also we all know real reason he don't like maatsen. Add him to the list

Why out of interest don’t I like him. It’s also clear you and @PVA are creating a list. What is the list and whose on it?

Users who are viewing this thread