I won't be a burden to the club.. (1 Viewer)

steve82

Agree with that and the player recruitment. While the gamble would have been amazing if he brought in loads of players who were good enough for the championship there had to be a Plan B and C for if it failed.

He doesn't play a settled side either, so how are partnerships over the pitch meant to be built. One week Aygei will be up front, then Sordell will be, then they go out wide, then they are on the bench, then Jones is in, then Reid is in, then Reid is out, then Jones is out.

Simeon Jackson has got 4 goals this season, the same as we scored. He has done that in 9 games for them, he scored 3 in 28 for us. How much of things like that is down to getting a decent run of games behind them?

He can't just expect to be able to throw players in for 15 minutes here and there and guess if they will form a winning 11.

I'm a TM fan and wish things were different and was sat in the keep him camp till the last 2 games, the decision v Oldham leaving just bigi in midfield was a careless decision showing he's already rolling the dice..
I don't agree with chopping and changing all the time but there comes a time you have to decide if the partnerships working still and fresh ideas are needed.
When you weigh it up all up I feel he's struggling with ccfc on and off the field now and it's beaten him

kevinleftpeg

TM has forgotten how to create a Team. Partnerships / spine / service to strikers / BELIEF. His selections have confused me & so to the players, it appears. The manner of the performance tonight will tell us all a lot. PUSB & be positive. If we lose I think he will walk. His body language tells it's own story.

Nick

Administrator
Surely he should have the players working together in training though, isn't that where you do most of the testing and figuring out?

He doesn't seem to know his best 11 or his strongest formation. I am all for keeping things fresh but haven't we used the most players in League 1 so far this season?

All of the stuff going on outside of the pitch at the minute he should be using to fire the players up.

steve82

Ah, the old don't get rid of the manager as we always do idea. Brilliant.

Don't think it's just at ccfc, it's the modern game in general.
Hence why managers rarely buy houses and rent leaving there families settled like TM has. It's a dog eat dog game judged solely on results.

Nick

Administrator
I Hope we get a result tonight, and tony does not walk, think in time it will all come together.

Hopefully, I do like the idea of building for the future and if we were mid table I think he would be able to carry on building with players like Turnbull but when you see some of the other strange stuff he seems to do it makes you wonder.

steve82

I Hope we get a result tonight, and tony does not walk, think in time it will all come together.

I want Mowbray to stay if he doesn't the only person is want in is warnock.

I hope your right, TM business model to build a squad sounds great and structured but where playoffs were a hope once this summer were in a battle already with no fighters. Short term future is a must firstly

And Neil Warnock has stated he's after that one final great job.... Not a stressful one like our club

Captain Dart

Okay then let's stick with a failing manager like we did with thorn and strachan and we will end up in league 2. But it's all good because 'that'll hurt sisu'.
It won't really because they'll be able to trim costs again by replacing more expensive players with league two journeymen.

weecohawena

I like Mowbray but he just hasn't got good enough players for how he wants to play. In the championship, with better players, he'd be ideal. In this league you need a manager who knows what it takes. Big, organised, good from set pieces and some leaders. We don't have any of that. Last year (or before xmas) we got away with it by having those decent players (Armstrong, Kent, Maddison, Murphy etc)

ecky

He should be having everybody in for extra training, tactics, positioning etc. Work on set pieces.

Every person on that pitch should know exactly what their job is, rather than looking like they have no idea what they are meant to be doing.
I don't think he has anything else in his locker Nick!!

Captain Dart

Like every club does when they get relegated, surely?
Yes of course, but the spiral down may continue with that approach, this is a football club it isn't like the industrial manufacturing companies SISU are accustomed to tuning round.

trevelfarandwide

Given that comment by TM, he's either resigning or being nudged out the door if he gets anything less than a win against Wimbledon.

I bet there will be a few potential replacements in the stands watching the game.

jimmyhillsfanclub

If hes got any self respect or pride left, surely he'd walk away if he cant' cobble together a single win in 10......

.....Hopefully we finally click & get 3 points......but I just can't see it.

Bye Tony.....thanks for trying..

......Next!

Woodster

I don't see anybody out there who can come in and improve us with the squad that's been assembled. Don't forget there's no loan window for a new man to come in and bring two or three in quickly, they'd be relying on free transfers and I'm very much minded that free agents at the minute tend to be free agents for a good reason. I've been less than satisfied with the recruitment and the performances so far this season, but I hope we stick it out a little longer with TM, I want to see him succeed and I want to see his methods work but at the minute I can see both sides of the argument especially factoring in the second half of last season.

Sky Blue Kid

People like me? As in people that realise that when a football club is relegated then the income will drop, so the outgoings need to drop also as to not go tits up?

That's right Nick... People like you who can't see the wood for the trees. We are going tits up but you and some others can't see it. 5-4-3-2-1 and.....

ccfcway

I don't see anybody out there who can come in and improve us with the squad that's been assembled. .

I'd start with 4-4-2

We actually have out and out wingers, let them do some damage

This team should win games !!

----------------------RCC---------------------
Willis-----Ricketts----Turnbull----Page
Jones-----Bigi---------Vlad--------Reid
-----------Sordell---Aygei-------------

Replace Page with Stokes and add Rose when fit and to me, that's at least a top half team

Hobo

It's just funny how now we are bottom it's sisu's fault and not Mowbray but being top last year was all down to Mowbray...

Too simplistic a view and I don't think that represents most people attitude.

The gripe with SISU is their lack of leadership, lack of positive input. The blatant lies to the fans, inconsistent policies.

The budget is what the budget is.

What a lot of fans want is some consistency with the manager and playing staff. Whether Mowbray is the right person who knows. This is a new squad and they will take time to gel. But yes we need to win a few and quickly. Football is a confidence game.

ccfcway

Feeney's just been sacked by Newport....

I suspect this will be a similar quote to what we will see on here in the coming weeks...

"I take full responsibility for everything," Feeney told BBC Wales Sport.

"You can stand here and say this or say that, but the results don't lie."

ccfchoi87

It won't really because they'll be able to trim costs again by replacing more expensive players with league two journeymen.

I'm not saying it will I'm just saying what responses I have seen from other fans. Some wishing to go down to get rid of sisu others even wanting to start again at the bottom. It's ludicrous

ccfchoi87

Too simplistic a view and I don't think that represents most people attitude.

The gripe with SISU is their lack of leadership, lack of positive input. The blatant lies to the fans, inconsistent policies.

The budget is what the budget is.

What a lot of fans want is some consistency with the manager and playing staff. Whether Mowbray is the right person who knows. This is a new squad and they will take time to gel. But yes we need to win a few and quickly. Football is a confidence game.

But how long do you give it? Until we are 15 points adrift at the bottom and that could be fairly soon. Mowbray doesn't give the players a chance to gel. Even last year he insisted on making 5 changes week in week out. I can't buy than in time it will get better if he won't pick a settled team.

And btw all I ever seem to see on Facebook is 'bottom of the league what have you done to us sisu' or 'we've lost out on becchio not ffs sisu' so there is people who blame sisu for everything. My point is I never saw 'top of the league fair play sisu'

oucho

37 games played, 34 points accrued since the Gillingham 4-1. That's not just a bad start to the season. That looks terminal to me.

robbiekeane

Anything other than a win tonight and he has to walk for me, I like his structure hes brought and idea of running a club but it's a results business more than ever in the modern era.
Over the last few weeks the signs are there that he's struggling to change our fortunes, tactics and changes are becoming more strange as he becomes desperate for the win.
Undoubtedly hes a good manager but at this level I feel he's not adapted to the requirements required. This is transferred in to his summer recruitment and the position we currently sit in the table. I said previously he may of set his sights a little to high in the calibre of players he hoped to sign and had no real back up in place as time ran away. Sure he stated we had some real bad luck in the 5 that got away... But a manager is judged on results. And this calendar year alone is not pretty.
Agree with this mate.

robbiekeane

That's right Nick... People like you who can't see the wood for the trees. We are going tits up but you and some others can't see it. 5-4-3-2-1 and.....
Can't see what?

That the managers lost his head? We all know SISU are shit owners you boring bastard, but that's not the reason we are bottom of the league.

Your inability to think critically is embarrassing

rupert_bear

Team selection is the mangers department, team recruitment is the managers department, how we play is the managers department, tactics are the managers department, formations etc are the managers department, half time is the managers department substitutions are the managers department, in all honestly since December how many of these have been consistently okay ?

Sky Blue Kid

Can't see what?

That the managers lost his head? We all know SISU are shit owners you boring bastard, but that's not the reason we are bottom of the league.

Your inability to think critically is embarrassing

Where did I mention SISU you thick c**t! Mowbray has lost it he needs to go.

rupert_bear

We were top of the league last year with sisu as owners. Where were all these protests then? The manager is to blame for our league position just like he is to blame that we didn't get promoted last year.
Don't care if we win the next ten on the bounce whether Mowbary is our manager or someone else, the gloves are off until sisu are banished to our history books and they ain't going back on until they have.

Users who are viewing this thread