I won't be a burden to the club.. (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

.. if I can't find a way to win with the team..

Tony Mowbray's words this morning on radio CWR just heard it on my way into work.

skybluebeduff

I think he should do the honourable thing and quit after he screws it up again tonight. Does anyone still have faith in him? He still can't figure out his best team, he will still resort to that caveman tactic, and he will baffle everyone yet again with his subs.

Nick

Administrator
Will have to see how we can do tonight, hopefully he will decide against being silly with changes etc

ccfchoi87

Sounds to me like he will walk if we don't win tonight , I really don't want that to happen .

Some supporters will be delighted , and we will be having the same discussions in 15 months time about the new manager , mark my words

Okay then let's stick with a failing manager like we did with thorn and strachan and we will end up in league 2. But it's all good because 'that'll hurt sisu'.

Nick

Administrator
He should be having everybody in for extra training, tactics, positioning etc. Work on set pieces.

Every person on that pitch should know exactly what their job is, rather than looking like they have no idea what they are meant to be doing.

ajsccfc

We're on the same winless start to a League One season that did for Thorn, although he didn't have a decent season in his favour before that. I like Mowbray but if we're six points adrift at the bottom before it's even fucking October he can't exactly be absolved of all blame whoever the owners are.

ccfchoi87

It's just funny how now we are bottom it's sisu's fault and not Mowbray but being top last year was all down to Mowbray...

ccfcway

No, he should and hopefully will only shoulder the blame for stuff he has done wrong.

lose tonight and he will be out of a job. Lose tonight and SISU will still own us and will get a new manager. How is that not shouldering all of the blame ?

ccfchoi87

yet it will be Mowbray that will go, and not SISU, so he will shoulder 100% of the fault

Well yeah of course, but fans will go into meltdown if Mowbray does get sacked even thought any other manager would be under massive pressure after this run of results.

steve82

It's make or break tonight, we're already 5 pts adrift now. 10th game of the season, massive night for TM. I've a feeling he will walk come 10pm.
Wimbledon are a team of fighters built on old fashioned morals of the crazy gang.
When the chips are down we've no leader, fighters and so far this season no goal scorers coming forward.

ccfcway

Well yeah of course, but fans will go into meltdown if Mowbray does get sacked even thought any other manager would be under massive pressure after this run of results.

then they will get over it and we start the 12-15 month cycle again.

Nick

Administrator
lose tonight and he will be out of a job. Lose tonight and SISU will still own us and will get a new manager. How is that not shouldering all of the blame ?

Shouldering all of the blame for being bottom? Or shouldering all of the blame for things like the academy?

Nick

Administrator
I was responding to this

He has a point though, there is no way at all that with the squad we have we should be bottom.

I am not saying we should be romping the league by any means, but we shouldn't be bottom.

robbiekeane

I was responding to this
Yes...and he's saying that a lot of people are blaming SISU for us being where we are in the league this season....yet when the shoe is on the other foot and we are top, then SISU have no part in it and it's all Mowbrays doing.

It's double standards and it's embarrassing.

It's arguably SISUs fault we're in League one, but its not SISU's fault we're bottom of it

ccfcway

He has a point though, there is no way at all that with the squad we have we should be bottom.

I am not saying we should be romping the league by any means, but we shouldn't be bottom.

agreed. That's why TM will lose his job. No point saying people are blaming SISU for being bottom, as it doesn't matter who is being blamed, it will be TM that loses out

stupot07

If we lose tonight he should rightly walk. The majority of blame for being bottom and not winning a game is largely down to him, regardless of the shower of shite owners. It will give me no pleasure but that is football.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Yes...and he's saying that a lot of people are blaming SISU for us being where we are in the league this season....yet when the shoe is on the other foot and we are top, then SISU have no part in it and it's all Mowbrays doing.

It's double standards and it's embarrassing.

It's arguably SISUs fault we're in League one, but its not SISU's fault we're bottom of it

isn't that double standards ?

Why is it their fault we are in League One ?, wasn't it the managers who got us relegated ?

Nick

Administrator
agreed. That's why TM will lose his job. No point saying people are blaming SISU for being bottom, as it doesn't matter who is being blamed, it will be TM that loses out

Isn't that how it works though in football?

I have said for a while to give him a chance, I'd probably say tonight and the next game to at least see signs of improvement.

He has managed to get away with it since about January now, while people are shouting about budget and wage bills and saying his hands are tied we have seen other teams in league 1 who will have lower budgets and wage bills grind out better results by playing to their strengths.

eastwoodsdustman

I really hope that we win and he stays as I think that he is a decent manager, but, he's made some big errors this season with selections, formations and substitutions that have cost us points and wins. He has to take the blame for where we are.

ccfcway

Isn't that how it works though in football? .

yes, it is. I'm not defending TM and the position we are in, he will be gone sooner rather than later and we start again and have another period of unstability

Bob Latchford

Let's hope and pray tonight is the night for our first three points . c'mon Tony you can do it !

ccfcway

But surely that's better than keeping a manager and getting relegated?

if we get rid every year, we shouldn't really sign players on anything more than a year as well. Imagine the new man comes in and Reid are Jones don't suit their style of play. That's more money we will lose as they are on longer contracts

At some point (and I am not saying this is it), you have to trust someone to take this club into the future, it cant just be about the next 6 months all of the time,

Nick

Administrator
if we get rid every year, we shouldn't really sign players on anything more than a year as well. Imagine the new man comes in and Reid are Jones don't suit their style of play. That's more money we will lose as they are on longer contracts

At some point (and I am not saying this is it), you have to trust someone to take this club into the future, it cant just be about the next 6 months all of the time,

That's why I said if we were going to get rid it should have been at the end of last season to give the new manager the chance.

The thing is then how long do we leave it? If Mowbray is rebuilding where he is getting players in on contracts but we were say 12-15th comfortably in the league I doubt many would have an issue if it was him building a squad for the future.

How long do we leave it being rock bottom?

letsallsingtogether

then they will get over it and we start the 12-15 month cycle again.
Correct and then again in another 12 months this club is fucked doesn't matter who we have as a manager.
Everyone was hauling Mowbray as the messiah.
So who is our next messiah.
We will get the same shit but it is not his team we need to wait.........
Blah Blah Blah

steve82

Anything other than a win tonight and he has to walk for me, I like his structure hes brought and idea of running a club but it's a results business more than ever in the modern era.
Over the last few weeks the signs are there that he's struggling to change our fortunes, tactics and changes are becoming more strange as he becomes desperate for the win.
Undoubtedly hes a good manager but at this level I feel he's not adapted to the requirements required. This is transferred in to his summer recruitment and the position we currently sit in the table. I said previously he may of set his sights a little to high in the calibre of players he hoped to sign and had no real back up in place as time ran away. Sure he stated we had some real bad luck in the 5 that got away... But a manager is judged on results. And this calendar year alone is not pretty.

Nick

Administrator
Anything other than a win tonight and he has to walk for me, I like his structure hes brought and idea of running a club but it's a results business more than ever in the modern era.
Over the last few weeks the signs are there that he's struggling to change our fortunes, tactics and changes are becoming more strange as he becomes desperate for the win.
Undoubtedly hes a good manager but at this level I feel he's not adapted to the requirements required. This is transferred in to his summer recruitment and the position we currently sit in the table. I said previously he may of set his sights a little to high in the calibre of players he hoped to sign and had no real back up in place as time ran away. Sure he stated we had some real bad luck in the 5 that got away... But a manager is judged on results. And this calendar year alone is not pretty.

Agree with that and the player recruitment. While the gamble would have been amazing if he brought in loads of players who were good enough for the championship there had to be a Plan B and C for if it failed.

He doesn't play a settled side either, so how are partnerships over the pitch meant to be built. One week Aygei will be up front, then Sordell will be, then they go out wide, then they are on the bench, then Jones is in, then Reid is in, then Reid is out, then Jones is out.

Simeon Jackson has got 4 goals this season, the same as we scored. He has done that in 9 games for them, he scored 3 in 28 for us. How much of things like that is down to getting a decent run of games behind them?

He can't just expect to be able to throw players in for 15 minutes here and there and guess if they will form a winning 11.

People keep saying he has to walk to save his career as if he is Pep Guardiola or something. Most weeks we see opposition managers make changes in tactics or substitutions that he doesn't know how to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread