I wonder how many people on here work for (1 Viewer)

LarryGrayson

No offence but I don't think your user name immediately sprang to mind when people read the OP. :D

no offence but thats crazy talk an you no it lol

Delboycov

I'd also say that from my experience that any 'plant' wouldn't be a regular poster as they wouldn't have the time to discuss the team, football in general or in fact anything that steers away from getting their 'side's' viewpoint across....

Nonleagueherewecome

I understand they employ a PR firm at great expense though Godiva...wouldn't expect Joy Seppala or Tim Fisher to spend all day posting on here! Although of course that could explain Tim's recent absence ;-)

I know I've given you stick for being a SISU 'plant' Godiva but I know you're not...As I know from doing it myself through my work you have to appear to be balanced...and you are far too pro SISU ;-)

What do you think he's been doing in the last two or three days? He's reigned it in because it was getting too blatant!

Nonleagueherewecome

Big_Ben

ACL, SISU, Council, Higgs and don't declare it.

Gotta say fairplay to PWKH whether you agree with what he says or not, he is the only one on here with the guts to say who he is.

I can't believe that there is no one else.

Is this what Uncle Knatch wanted you to put on here? I'm not impressed.

mattylad

I'm not talking about 'spam' though Matty I'm talking about real people posting in 'real time' attempting to influence people's views. I had to do it myself for one client when I was asked to sign up to appropriate forums and suggest to members products my client supplied but from a ordinary joe public perspective and say "Have you tried..?". Most companies do it now and I don't doubt that this now well used PR tactic has been used a lot by the parties over the last few months.
I am not talking about Spam either :facepalm: and what you are talking about above may not be illiegal in the UK but it is highly unethical and that any major brand would consider damaging its reputation through such activity is shocking.

"Sellers are responsible for claims they make about their products and services. Third parties - such as advertising agencies or website designers and catalog marketers - also may be liable for making or disseminating deceptive representations if they participate in the preparation or distribution of the advertising, or know about the deceptive claims"

I would say pretending to be someone else to market a product through stealth would be classed as deception, and if you were in the US the FTC would close you down in an instant were they to discover such practices.​

ajsccfc

I love the subtle insinuation that the forum is filled with SISU employees without the 'balls' to admit it. Tinfoil hats must have been on special offer somewhere in the last week.

Sick Boy

I am not talking about Spam either :facepalm: and what you are talking about above may not be illiegal in the UK but it is highly unethical and that any major brand would consider damaging its reputation through such activity is shocking.

"Sellers are responsible for claims they make about their products and services. Third parties - such as advertising agencies or website designers and catalog marketers - also may be liable for making or disseminating deceptive representations if they participate in the preparation or distribution of the advertising, or know about the deceptive claims"

I would say pretending to be someone else to market a product through stealth would be classed as deception, and if you were in the US the FTC would close you down in an instant were they to discover such practices.​

It is pretty common in the UK.

Grendel

Thats outrageous...didnt you ever watch Winner Takes All!

Yes he had me in fits then. Never got over some if the cracking one liners - or was it just the hairpiece that was funny?

Sky Blue Kid

But they aren't employed by sisu directly.

So in the same instance neither are the players...Do you agree?
To me stupot07, that excuse is one massive cop out mate:facepalm:
I thought a lot more of you than to pose that scenario. They are either the wage payers, or they're not! which is it?

Grendel

I thought a lot more of you than to pose that scenario. They are either the wage payers, or they're not! which is it?

If you ask anyone who works for JLR they will say that's who they work for and not Tata. No one who works for the club works for sisu. You are wrong.

Godiva

Grendel

Sky Blue Kid

I would say pretending to be someone else to market a product through stealth would be classed as deception, and if you were in the US the FTC would close you down in an instant were they to discover such practices.

Sums up SISU to a "Tee".....Pretending to be a Football Club owner, hahaha.....If CCFC were an animal, the RSPCA would have prosecuted SISU for cruelty!

stupot07

The players are also not directly employed by sisu, that isn't a massive cop out, it's a fact.

Are 50% of ACL employees directly employed by the council and the other 50% employed directly by the Higgs charity?

Delboycov

I'm actually genuinely shocked that you think the corporate world would be above using tactics like these. In my experience
....and I have worked for many years in that world...being ethical isn't usually their top priority...that would be the bottom line and many companies will stop at nothing to protect that whether it is ethical or not. As I said I've got personal experience of this tactic being actively used

Sky Blue Kid

I find I have to review most previous post....SISU, as we all know, are prone to reneging on paying owed dues...So I guess you may be right after all stupo07..........Who owns CCFC?...in any shape or form, or whatever they deem to call the owning company at the present time? Aren't any bills, wages paid by SISU?...They are quick enough to say they are owing £60m...who to?..Themselves?

Sky Blue Kid

I'll ask again!...WHO OWNS CCFC?
Whoever owns CCFC are ultimately responsible for any goings of money wether it be money owed for rent(What a fucking laugh) or to pay "Tess the Tea Lady"
As for the remark about Land Rover, you can spin as much bullshit as you like, they are owned by TATA.....Land Rover is nothing more than a "Brand name"
Coventry City aren't known by the name SISU utd are they ffs!

Why fair play to him. He only has to say a few words and people like you start salivating. He likes the limelight and if he is an assumed name the message would have less effect.

To categorically state 'he likes the limelight' suggests you have met and spoken to him. If you have not, please qualify statements as being of opinion, rather than fact (not practical for all, of course; but perhaps fair if you are making a sweeping statement about one individual).

Last edited:

skybluegod

ACL, SISU, Council, Higgs and don't declare it.

Gotta say fairplay to PWKH whether you agree with what he says or not, he is the only one on here with the guts to say who he is.

I can't believe that there is no one else.

I've missed something who is PWKH?

Colin1883

I find I have to review most previous post....SISU, as we all know, are prone to reneging on paying owed dues...So I guess you may be right after all stupo07..........Who owns CCFC?...in any shape or form, or whatever they deem to call the owning company at the present time? Aren't any bills, wages paid by SISU?...They are quick enough to say they are owing £60m...who to?..Themselves?

Sisu's investors own the club?

RoboCCFC90

I am ex Sky Blues Chairman Geoffrey Robinson

mattylad

I'm actually genuinely shocked that you think the corporate world would be above using tactics like these. In my experience
....and I have worked for many years in that world...being ethical isn't usually their top priority...that would be the bottom line and many companies will stop at nothing to protect that whether it is ethical or not. As I said I've got personal experience of this tactic being actively used

I work in the corporate world and for my company and its main competitors its all now about gaining an edge via social responsibility and ethical trading policies. I can't talk for all corporate industry of course but I would as I said be amazed if any company would knowingly use such a subversive process given the catastrophic effect it would have on both brand and image were they caught doing so.

Delboycov

I work in the corporate world and for my company and its main competitors its all now about gaining an edge via social responsibility and ethical trading policies. I can't talk for all corporate industry of course but I would as I said be amazed if any company would knowingly use such a subversive process given the catastrophic effect it would have on both brand and image were they caught doing so.

Fair enough Matty and it's refreshing that this has been your experience but I'm talking as someone with a PR and Advertising background and trust me it does go on. Whether that is without the knowledge of their clients then that's a different matter altogether.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Fair enough Matty and it's refreshing that this has been your experience but I'm talking as someone with a PR and Advertising background and trust me it does go on. Whether that is without the knowledge of their clients then that's a different matter altogether.

Ah...PR companies eh....

...I once knew a bird who worked at the Burson-Marsteller office in Holborn....

....she used to bore me to tears with tales of what they got up to....

...good job she was drop dead gorgeous as she was dull as dish water....

Users who are viewing this thread