I need to write to Steve Waggott over this...... (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Got on very badly at Gallagher shop today. Went to renew season tickets and my 15 year old was told she is no longer a junior as she will be 16 on 29 August. The CCFC website does indeed state that anyone who is 16 on 31 August will be a young adult but it makes no mention of that fact that right now she is a junior. I made it clear that I'm happy to pay for her as young adult when she is 16 but not today.

The attitude of the staff is shocking. One was put out that I wanted to renew my season tickets as she "only deals with merchandise" (the shop is 95% empty) and "it will take me a long time to log on"

I asked them for steve waggots address and was told to check the web site.
I asked them to tell me how many season tickets they had sold - they didn't know.
I told them that I was willing to pay £249 and £80 today to a club that is almost on it's knees and was willing to walk away right now - they almost ordered me a taxi.

Does anyone out there know where I write to Mr Waggott ?(or is it Timothy ?) - is it Ryton training ground ?

KG7

Unfortunately this has been the rule for at least fifteen years. it's not the staffs fault but im sure if you wrote a polite letter to sw asking if he could make an exception he might look upon you favourably.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not too sure of the point? Isn't her birthday before the cut off?

Don't they need a cut off when buying a season ticket so if she is 16 tomorrow you don't go and buy her a kids ticket for next year?

skybluejelly

Did you write to your daughters school and complain when she was one of the youngest in her year if not the youngest ... There has to be a cut off date somewhere.. Why don't you just say she was born in September .. I have been buying junior tickets for my son for the last 2 years and they never check

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Thanks for that. All I hoped for was that someone there could say to me "unfortunately..............sorry but.........I'll find the address for you ....."

All I wanted was someone to listen to how I read things and then giving me a reasonable counter argument. I can accept I may be wrong but I can't accept the absolute lack of interest by the staff.

Do you know KG7 if Waggot/ Fisher are at Ryton ? My instinct is Highfield Road but that may be a bad idea.

torchomatic

There's always a cut-off point isn't there? However, if she's 15 now then it seems a bit petty to not do the ticket for the price she is now. You should have said you would pay the 15 year old rate for all games until the end of August then you'd pay the other rate; make 'em work.

torchomatic

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Did you write to your daughters school and complain when she was one of the youngest in her year if not the youngest ... There has to be a cut off date somewhere.. Why don't you just say she was born in September .. I have been buying junior tickets for my son for the last 2 years and they never check

Did I write about her being the youngest in her class ? why on earth would I do that ? Why would anyone do that ? Why is the school to blame? All 3 of my kids are August births , so what ?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

16 is a stupid age to reclassify your status as an adult these days. You don't leave school now until you're 18. It's about time the world caught up in general, not just CCFC.

KG7

Sounds frustrating ADM. the last thing you need when hearing something you didn't know that's gonna cost you more is someone being unhelpful! Having said that, I do sympathise with the ticket office - theyre our only really contact with the club so get the brunt of everyone's frustrations.

I doubt they're at Highfield road Bro but I'm sure it says on the official site. If you can't find it I'll have a look for you when I'm back at home.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm not too sure of the point? Isn't her birthday before the cut off?

Don't they need a cut off when buying a season ticket so if she is 16 tomorrow you don't go and buy her a kids ticket for next year?

That's the point. It doesn't state that this applies "even if the ticket is bought before his/her 16th birthday" If it did I wouldn't be on here.

KG7

The rule is that if they are born after whatever date then they qualify for a junior season ticke. If not, they don't. unfortunately it doesn't matter when you buy it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Thanks for that KG7. Too honest with the DOB info I was !

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's the point. It doesn't state that this applies "even if the ticket is bought before his/her 16th birthday" If it did I wouldn't be on here.
It seems pretty clear to me, I don't see any issue which you seem to be seeing. If you don't want to pay it, then you will have to wait till after she turns 16 before buying a season ticket, buy single junior tickets until then although it will probably end up costing you more, not the clubs fault.

Just the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid, if she had been born on 2nd September you would have got the whole season for the junior price despite her being a young adult for most of the season.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Nick, please delete this thread . I'm wrong and everyone else is right. I'm very depressed . :pointlaugh:

The Reverend Skyblue

ADM is disgusted at the attitude and total apathy of the stores staff. He has every right to come on and point this out.
if I were him I would have walked out the store there and then,if they don't want my custom that helps pay there boldly wages then fuck them.

the attitude of the staff in there has been brought up many times and someone needs to complain to those two incompetents Waggott and Fisher to see if they actually do something about it as they do fuck all else helpful.

Write to Ryton ADM

Otis

I can see a letter coming your way very soon, addressed to Mr. S B Jelly.

armybike

Got on very badly at Gallagher shop today. Went to renew season tickets and my 15 year old was told she is no longer a junior as she will be 16 on 29 August. The CCFC website does indeed state that anyone who is 16 on 31 August will be a young adult but it makes no mention of that fact that right now she is a junior. I made it clear that I'm happy to pay for her as young adult when she is 16 but not today.

The attitude of the staff is shocking. One was put out that I wanted to renew my season tickets as she "only deals with merchandise" (the shop is 95% empty) and "it will take me a long time to log on"

I asked them to tell me how many season tickets they had sold - they didn't know.
I told them that I was willing to pay £249 and £80 today to a club that is almost on it's knees and was willing to walk away right now - they almost ordered me a taxi.

Does anyone out there know where I write to Mr Waggott ?(or is it Timothy ?) - is it Ryton training ground ?

The postal address for CCFC is via the store at Gallagher, so might be worth dropping an email to raise your concerns regarding your visit -

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/club/contact_us/

Terry Gibson's perm

Send them a message on Twitter, I ordered mine online as I couldn't be bothered to go to the shop as it always feels like a bit of an effort for them to sell me a ticket and the shop staff seem to just stand around with their thumbs up their arse, with the new shop I wonder if they may have their own staff?

Hobo

The wrong attitude in the shop and ticket office has been a problem as long as I can remember, it certainly pre dates SISU. However that doesn't mean it is acceptable.

it is a problem I have found with other companies as well. I once, after being unhappy with service, asked BT for their Head Office address and the Marketing Managers name, staff said they couldn't give it out. Which is of course nonsense.

I got it off the Internet and wrote a letter of complaint, which was ignored. I wrote another one illustrating they had breached their own contract, breached advertising standards, were selling goods not fit for purpose. 48 hours after the second letter I got a phone call, a confidentiality contract in the post and a very large cheque as compensation.

Dont put up with poor service and don't be put off at the first hurdle....but put forward a well constructed and polite letter of complaint..it is the only way things will change.

Terry Gibson's perm

The wrong attitude in the shop and ticket office has been a problem as long as I can remember, it certainly pre dates SISU. However that doesn't mean it is acceptable.

it is a problem I have found with other companies as well. I once, after being unhappy with service, asked BT for their Head Office address and the Marketing Managers name, staff said they couldn't give it out. Which is of course nonsense.

I got it off the Internet and wrote a letter of complaint, which was ignored. I wrote another one illustrating they had breached their own contract, breached advertising standards, were selling goods not fit for purpose. 48 hours after the second letter I got a phone call, a confidentiality contract in the post and a very large cheque as compensation.

Dont put up with poor service and don't be put off at the first hurdle....but put forward a well constructed and polite letter of complaint..it is the only way things will change.

I had had problems with Bt and open reach when I moved to a new house and somebody at bt said you can't talk to open reach as they don't take calls and as they are not the same company can't do anything about it, I did question why they are both called bt then? They offered me £10 compensation for not turning up to various appointments I asked for a years free line rental they said no so went on Facebook and moaned and got a years free rental and some compensation, we have both won though as I renewed my contact for 18 months after the initial one ran out.

J

Jack Griffin

Completely agree with this post, do not accept being fobbed off, that applies to any transaction you make with any company and also any public body.

Johnnythespider

Just a thought but are the staff relocating to the arena with the shop or have they been told they are being replaced, if they have that might explain their indifference, other than that whenever I've been in they don't seem very motivated.

letsallsingtogether

Just a thought but are the staff relocating to the arena with the shop or have they been told they are being replaced, if they have that might explain their indifference, other than that whenever I've been in they don't seem very motivated.

I've heard they are being replaced..........................

With clones of Tim and Waggott:eek::D

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Thanks for that , CCFC. I don't have twitter so I wouldn't ever have known that they made contact. I am slightly heartened by the fact that they have bothered at all.
They know who I am and they do have my email address which they took from me this morning, and even sent me a thankyou email for a couple of shirts I bought at the shop this morning (and qood value they were too )
I will contact them and see what transpires !

Users who are viewing this thread