I need to write to Steve Waggott over this...... (2 Viewers)

MatthewWallis

I remember when I went in there a few years ago and asked to buy tickets for the Chesterfield pre season friendly game. The woman looked at me as if I'd just smacked her kids in the face and told me we weren't playing Chesterfield, they have hired some odd people in the past

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I remember when I went in there a few years ago and asked to buy tickets for the Chesterfield pre season friendly game. The woman looked at me as if I'd just smacked her kids in the face and told me we weren't playing Chesterfield, they have hired some odd people in the past

I hope someone at the club who obviously read my comments also reads the other negative comments. New shop mean an opportunity to start afresh and get a more professional and motivated staff. At the momentits clear things are not ideal.

Kingokings204

The shop staff is very well known for being poor. For as long as I can remember they havnt got a clue.

The fact we all say it mainly speaks volumes.

I'm sure all genuine people but either young kids who are very unsociable and uneasy to talk to or some cocky arse up their own arse lads who walk with that strut I hate. Either way they are not suitable for the role.

Who was the bigger lady on reception? Been there years? Is she still there?

Last edited:

Specs WT-R75

I doubt the club will make an exception here as it sets a precedence but that's no excuse for poor service etc....

If it were my decision I would simply make the cutoff based on the date of purchase rather than an arbitrary date - after all date of purchase also encourages the early-birds, and the season starts in August, so why is the cutoff after the start of the season... that doesn't make sense.

There always has to be a cut-off somewhere... but it does seem unfair that someone 16 on 1st September can get Junior ST, but born on 31st August is now a YA. I'd buy online, but they would probably monitor it out of spite!

Specks

SkyBlue_Bear83

I doubt the club will make an exception here as it sets a precedence but that's no excuse for poor service etc....

If it were my decision I would simply make the cutoff based on the date of purchase rather than an arbitrary date - after all date of purchase also encourages the early-birds, and the season starts in August, so why is the cutoff after the start of the season... that doesn't make sense.

There always has to be a cut-off somewhere... but it does seem unfair that someone 16 on 1st September can get Junior ST, but born on 31st August is now a YA. I'd buy online, but they would probably monitor it out of spite!

Specks
It would make sense to me if the cut off date was simply the day before the season kicked off.

ccfctommy

The shop staff is very well known for being poor. For as long as I can remember they have been a bunch of losers who havnt got a clue.

I'm sure all genuine people but either young kids who are very unsociable and uneasy to talk to or some cocky arse up their own arse lads who walk with that strut I hate. Either way they are not suitable for the role.

Bunch of losers? What a strange post. Bought my ST last week and they were more than polite and helpful

Nick

Administrator
The shop staff is very well known for being poor. For as long as I can remember they have been a bunch of losers who havnt got a clue.

Has been middle aged women whenever I've been in for the past couple of years?

Kingokings204

Bunch of losers? What a strange post. Bought my ST last week and they were more than polite and helpful

Yes I didn't mean that tbh. I did mean I personally find them really unhelpful and very dismissive and not polite at all.

I avoid the shop now big time and purchase over the Internet whenever I need tickets etc.

Steve.B50

Got on very badly at Gallagher shop today. Went to renew season tickets and my 15 year old was told she is no longer a junior as she will be 16 on 29 August. The CCFC website does indeed state that anyone who is 16 on 31 August will be a young adult but it makes no mention of that fact that right now she is a junior. I made it clear that I'm happy to pay for her as young adult when she is 16 but not today.

The attitude of the staff is shocking. One was put out that I wanted to renew my season tickets as she "only deals with merchandise" (the shop is 95% empty) and "it will take me a long time to log on"

I asked them for steve waggots address and was told to check the web site.
I asked them to tell me how many season tickets they had sold - they didn't know.
I told them that I was willing to pay £249 and £80 today to a club that is almost on it's knees and was willing to walk away right now - they almost ordered me a taxi.

Does anyone out there know where I write to Mr Waggott ?(or is it Timothy ?) - is it Ryton training ground ?

Sent you a PM with relevant information
good luck.

Kilclines curly mullet

I have always found the staff in the shop polite and as helpful as they can be. Sometimes it is frustrating getting information out of them but I wonder if that is due to the level of communication that filters down from the top as opposed to anything else.

D

Deleted member 4439

I can understand ADM's frustrations, and I can't say that on a given day that I wouldn't have behaved the same way. But, as someone who was in the shop to witness these events, these are the facts.

There was a smallish queue, with around a 10-15 wait time. As ADM said, one of the two club staff was dealing with season tickets, the other with merchandise. You might argue that selling tickets should be a priority, and I would agree. But given the arrangements, it would have simply meant a few minutes additional wait for the chaps before him to be dealt with by the lady selling the season tickets.

As it was, the lady who was selling the merchandise agreed to log on in order to book the STs. She asked the age of his daughter and pointed out that, unfortunately, the daughter wouldn't be eligible for a junior ticket and, following the protestations, politely pointed that as unfortunate as it was their had to be a cut-off date.

It would have been incredibly frustrating for ADM - and I've been there and done that. But to me it looked like a case of a customer team rep doing their job in a professional manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Specs WT-R75

Specks

Had chance to think about this overnight. I still think the arbitrary date each year is wrong - should be start of season or date of purchase whichever comes first. No subjectivity that way.

That said, given that OP is an existing season ticket holder and these rules haven't changed in as long as I can remember I think that the club should not make an exception. At the end of the day the prices have been slashed anyway so pay the extra and know that the extra £s will go towards the team on the pitch.

If OP was a "new" supporter enticed by the lower prices, then I might be more inclined to make a one-time exception...

Alternative solution... buy a 12 & 6 match Junior package for £72 (£48 & £24). Exchange them for tickets at the ground on the day of the games - they don't check for ID on the gate! That leaves 5 games... maybe you won't be able to attend them all, or there might be a BOGOF offer like Valentines etc, or kids for quid at Easter, you will end up paying a few extra £ by the end of the season "if" you go to every game....

Specks

eastwoodsdustman

Cut off date has to be somewhere and it makes sense to keep it in line with school years. What makes you a winner one year will see you lose out the following year. My personal opinion is that the club have done nothing wrong, but hey ho.

Grendel

Cut off date has to be somewhere and it makes sense to keep it in line with school years. What makes you a winner one year will see you lose out the following year. My personal opinion is that the club have done nothing wrong, but hey ho.

Well they haven't - if you book a flight a year early and your child becomes full price by the date of the flight what would they charge?

KG7

Well they haven't - if you book a flight a year early and your child becomes full price by the date of the flight what would they charge?

August 29th is the cut off point for deciding which year a child goes into at school so it makes perfect sense for them to use that.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I can understand ADM's frustrations, and I can't say that on a given day that I wouldn't have behaved the same way. But, as someone who was in the shop to witness these events, these are the facts.

There was a smallish queue, with around a 10-15 wait time. As ADM said, one of the two club staff was dealing with season tickets, the other with merchandise. You might argue that selling tickets should be a priority, and I would agree. But given the arrangements, it would have simply meant a few minutes additional wait for the chaps before him to be dealt with by the lady selling the season tickets.

As it was, the lady who was selling the merchandise agreed to log on in order to book the STs. She asked the age of his daughter and pointed out that, unfortunately, the daughter wouldn't be eligible for a junior ticket and, following the protestations, politely pointed that as unfortunate as it was their had to be a cut-off date.

It would have been incredibly frustrating for ADM - and I've been there and done that. But to me it looked like a case of a customer team rep doing their job in a professional manner.

I had absolutely no idea what the lady assigned to the merchandise till was doing. When I arrived, there was one person buying a ticket at the till on the left. At that moment there was no one else queuing, so instinctively I went straight to the till on the right, where the other lady was doing nothing . On the tabletop in front of her is a plan of the stadium - as far as I was concerned it confirmed to me that here I could buy tickets.
They knew my daughter's age already, it was on their records. She wasn't asked.

By the end of my visit there indeed was a queue of people - around 7 or 8. I have no idea how long those people would have had to wait, but if they were only to be served by one till that is wholly unacceptable. I'm guessing the other lady to whom I had spoken would have (reluctantly) served them, whatever their needs, because there was a queue, but you never know.

I think my problem was I forgot to say "Excuse me, I'm really, really, truly sorry to put you to an enormous inconvenience but can I....er....well......possibly buy some tickets please?"

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I had absolutely no idea what the lady assigned to the merchandise till was doing. When I arrived, there was one person buying a ticket at the till on the left. At that moment there was no one else queuing, so instinctively I went straight to the till on the right, where the other lady was doing nothing . On the tabletop in front of her is a plan of the stadium - as far as I was concerned it confirmed to me that here I could buy tickets.
They knew my daughter's age already, it was on their records. She wasn't asked.

By the end of my visit there indeed was a queue of people - around 7 or 8. I have no idea how long those people would have had to wait, but if they were only to be served by one till that is wholly unacceptable. I'm guessing the other lady to whom I had spoken would have (reluctantly) served them, whatever their needs, because there was a queue, but you never know.

I think my problem was I forgot to say "Excuse me, I'm really, really, truly sorry to put you to an enormous inconvenience but can I....er....well......possibly buy some tickets please?"

Nah I think the problem is the day your Daughter was born.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Nah I think the problem is the day your Daughter was born.

No. Poor and unenthusiastic service with no interest or pride in the club. Normally I would simply have paid for the ticket but they didn't care to even make eye contact nor look interested. There is more to this than money.
Right now I won't be renewing and I doesn't bother me whether I go or not, but the service does.
I have no problem with the day my daughter was born. Sorry, but I'm extremely proud :D

Last edited:

Grendel

No. Poor and unenthusiastic service with no interest or pride in the club. Normally I would simply have paid for the ticket but they didn't care to even make eye contact nor look interested. There is more to this than money.
Right now I won't be renewing and I doesn't bother me whether I go or not, but the service does.
I have no problem with the day my daughter was born. Sorry, but I'm extremely proud :D

You say there's more to this than money yet have said in the OP that they should take what you offer them as they are on their knees - so you seen to think a weak and vulnerable organisation should just accept your offer.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You say there's more to this than money yet have said in the OP that they should take what you offer them as they are on their knees - so you seen to think a weak and vulnerable organisation should just accept your offer.

I don't recall TELLING them anything of the sort. What a nasty bully I would be if I were to to try and hold a weak and vulnerable organisation to ransom. You make them sound weak and vulnerable. :D

Last edited:

hill83

This is a huge embarrassment of a thread that should be deleted really. Moody pants got emotional and started an anonymous thread that appears to have got a bit serious.

I ordered a pint from a pub today and the head was a bit large. Sack the staff.

Samo

This is a huge embarrassment of a thread that should be deleted really. Moody pants got emotional
and started an anonymous thread that appears to have got a bit serious.

Agreed. But Jeez Hill... another beer related post?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This is a huge embarrassment of a thread that should be deleted really. Moody pants got emotional and started an anonymous thread that appears to have got a bit serious.

Moody Pants ? Who ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

What exactly were you expecting them to do, roll out the red carpet and do a song and dance for you?

You got it wrong, then started getting irate about it. They were probably pissed at you for moaning your arse off about it when you were clearly wrong.

What would have been an acceptable level of service for you? If they had said, sorry sir you are right of course (even though you were wrong) you can have the ticket for junior price and we will throw in a free XXXL top in as well.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What exactly were you expecting them to do, roll out the red carpet and do a song and dance for you?

You got it wrong, then started getting irate about it. They were probably pissed at you for moaning your arse off about it when you were clearly wrong.

What would have been an acceptable level of service for you? If they had said, sorry sir you are right of course (even though you were wrong) you can have the ticket for junior price and we will throw in a free XXXL top in as well.[/QUO.

I'm not interested. I'm happily married. :D

theferret

OP might have overreacted a bit, but the shop staff are never going to win any customer service awards.

I was in the shop of Saturday and had a pleasant chat with the woman serving, just after she had spent 5 minutes listening to some dullard moan about Tim Fisher. They are on the front line and tend to get all the shit.

Week before though,when I was getting my season tickets, it was completely different. The woman was cold, abrupt and didn't make eye contact once. My little boy was buying his first season ticket and was really excited but all the woman could do was state that I needed photo id for my son - even though the age cut-off is 12 and he is the smallest 6 year old you will ever see. I asked her a couple of questions but all I got were one word answers.

I think some people are too quick to moan sometimes, but the service at the club shop really isn't good.

Users who are viewing this thread