I know it’s still a bit early for Christmas threads but (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

That Baileys Extra thick cream with mince pies are lovely

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Early start is acceptable this year, the Christmas biscuits I bought didn't even make it through November

Prob one for the things I annoy you but when they start putting out the mince pies the BBE is before Xmas.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Get on that Baileys cream lads bloody lovey

covmark

I’ve already eaten a bag of stollen but anybody that has their lights or tree up is a fucking pervert.
Agreed. Had a conversation with a girl at work about people putting decs up early. She then told me she had hers up on October 2nd. Still summer ffs.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It's the first day of Advent tomorrow, (4 weeks before Christmas Day), so decs and trees can go up. I put mine up yesterday simply out of boredom and trying to cheer myself up after months of shitty shutdowns! Looks nice! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎅🎅🎅🤶🤶🤶

bringbackrattles

My dad hated Christmas and my mum just went along with it. Now I'm the same it does my head in, on my round I've seen decorations up early November,what's all that about. Shops playing crap Christmas music, adverts on the telly, the world is mad enough as it is without all this nonsense. Think I'm pissed of as I love Boxing Day football, which has always been the highlight for me !

Sky_Blue_Daz

We are putting ours up on Tuesday , but I’ve been watching Christmas specials this week got the father ted one planned for tomorrow

shmmeee

Missus is Dutch so we’re banned from Christmas until Sinterklaas is out the way on the 5th...

shmmeee

Do the Dutch do the big meal on Xmas eve rather than Xmas day thing?

Talking to her it seems some families do Christmas big and barely care about Sinterklaas and some the other way around. Her family is a Sinterklaas family so they don’t tend to do much on Xmas itself. Said they have a big meal Xmas day but not a turkey, just some meat platter thing (she tried to explain).

Houchens Head

My dad hated Christmas and my mum just went along with it. Now I'm the same it does my head in, on my round I've seen decorations up early November,what's all that about. Shops playing crap Christmas music, adverts on the telly, the world is mad enough as it is without all this nonsense. Think I'm pissed of as I love Boxing Day football, which has always been the highlight for me !
This surprises me BBR as I'd have put you down as a Christmas lover. Sad to hear your mum and dad didn't enjoy the festivities. My mum loved Christmas, and as you'll know from my book, I was brought up in care, but Christmas was special because my mum always tried to get all us kids together for the big day. I really couldn't comment on how my dad felt as I never knew him during a Christmas period, but I think he may have been like your dad a bit!

wingy

I'd normally go along with this ,but not this year .
It will help to lift peoples spiriti .
Did me when I visited my daughter last week and several of her neighbours had them up and switched on .
She's like me very last minute but I cajoled her to get on with it lol.

ovduk78

Do you have to dress up as Zwarte Piet?
He came into our offices in Brussels in 2000-2002 with his 2 zwarte Piet helpers and they handed out chocolate figures. All the Brits I worked with thought it was a bit racist but the Belgians couldn't see anything wrong with it.

bringbackrattles

This surprises me BBR as I'd have put you down as a Christmas lover. Sad to hear your mum and dad didn't enjoy the festivities. My mum loved Christmas, and as you'll know from my book, I was brought up in care, but Christmas was special because my mum always tried to get all us kids together for the big day. I really couldn't comment on how my dad felt as I never knew him during a Christmas period, but I think he may have been like your dad a bit!
No I've never liked Christmas Houch. When I was with my missus she used to do it all, I went along with it as we had kids. It was great as a kid, in the sixties it seemed to be a big thing. But as I got older it was a case of hurry up and get it over with ! But to those who like it fair play, but not for me. As I've mentioned before the only thing about it I enjoy is when we played on a Boxing Day, a good drink with the lads, and off to a match.

oakey

Advent begins on Sunday fyi
I dislike the fact that Advent has disappeared as a period of WAITING and prepping. Christmas is its own season which technically begins when Advent ends - Christmas Eve.
I am not a fan of early decorations but this year this impatience can be overlooked. But taking down decorations before twelfth night is an outrage and a sign of a short attention span.
There is a time and a season for everything and people could stop being so impatient and wanting to rush on

bulko

I hate it people being nice when all year they slag people off
QUOTE="bringbackrattles, post: 2134260, member: 6506"]
[/QUOTE]

Houchens Head

Advent begins on Sunday fyi
I dislike the fact that Advent has disappeared as a period of WAITING and prepping. Christmas is its own season which technically begins when Advent ends - Christmas Eve.
I am not a fan of early decorations but this year this impatience can be overlooked. But taking down decorations before twelfth night is an outrage and a sign of a short attention span.
There is a time and a season for everything and people could stop being so impatient and wanting to rush on
As someone brought up in a strict Roman Catholic upbringing - nuns, convents, beatings, mass, Rosary, benediction etc, and paedo priests - I was always taught that advent was 4 weeks prior to Christmas Day, which by my reckoning is tomorrow. I'm no no way a religious person but purely for historical reasons, I will say that Advent starts tomorrow - 4 weeks to the main day.

Tommo1993

Apparently ours are going up this weekend. If I had my way they’d go up at 9pm on the 24th December and back down again first thing on Boxing Day. We complain about fireworks going off long before/after November 5th. So why does all that Christmas tat have to go up sickeningly early?! Also hate Christmas music. Bah humbug lol

oakey

Advent - liturgical Advent begins on 4th Sunday before Christmas - look it up
Christmas - liturgical Christmas begins on Christmas Eve and ends on Twelfth Night, 6th January

Brighton Sky Blue

Carol singing especially when done in a football style
Turkey, stuffing, pigs in blankets
Seeing folks open gifts

Dislikes:

Stollen
Mince pies
Mulled wine
Christmas cake and pudding
Full light wankers

Houchens Head

Advent - liturgical Advent begins on 4th Sunday before Christmas - look it up
Christmas - liturgical Christmas begins on Christmas Eve and ends on Twelfth Night, 6th January
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever.
Advent starts tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread