I have just sent this to Joy Seppala (1 Viewer)

Captain_Slackbladder

To anyone who cares...

I have just sent the following to Joy Sepalla: - CEO of SISU Capital who own Otium Entertainment who Currently own Coventry City who currently play their "Home Games" in Northampton. In my view, Joy/SISU/Otium have destroyed a club who have fundamentally been a good club throughout history, we haven't always been the best but we have been a caring club and when our time has come we have "been good" and as Seb Coe would say "Done it right", we have been so good infact that in 1997 we lent Chelsea our away shirts to play in and we subsequently won the game 3-1!

-----------------------------

Dear Joy,

I address some thoughts following the interview you made with the Coventry Evening Telegraph dated 26th September 2013. Included in this correspondence are relevant links to interviews you have collaborated in. Additionally, included are links to videos that I would like you to watch and whereby you may consider football supporters of Coventry City as human beings with a passion to follow their football club and not some pawns in a business which appears to be the the expectations that you have of people like myself.

1.) I will attempt to cause a charity to be financially disfunctional (YES JOY A CHARITY!)

2.) I will attempt to cause the Council of one of the largest cities in England to be financially jeopardised by my actions

3.) I will have utter contempt towards any Coventry City fans (or indeed increasingly ex fans) and see them as utter idiots who are moronic and will give money at all costs which has now dwindled to less that 1500

Joy, also you may be happy to watch the following, which has seen the football club begin and then rise without the requirement of moving the club miles from its original home. The club thrived on brilliant people such as Jimmy Hill, Tommy Hutchinson, Clarrie Boulton, Keith Houchen, Bill Glazier, Derek Robbins, John Sillet, Peter Ndlovu, Dion Dublin and George Curtis. The fact that you need to be mentioned in company of these people I find personally insulting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32dZZkuqbE

My final message Joy is "Please leave, sell our club to people who care about the future of Coventry City and the people who live in the city. Sell it to people who support the football club and have a vested interest in the local economy - all of which you are currently starving it from and clearly have no interest in apart from your own hedge fund. In simple terms I think you are probably too isolated, location and general understanding of English sporting culture to appreciate who you affect. Joy, please sell up, leave, become an even more anonymous feature of Coventry than you even have been. I sincerely hope in several years time you are never mentioned in the "current". GO, STAY AWAY FROM MY CLUB, MY CITY TAKE YOUR HEDGEFUND ELSEWHERE...

Yours faithfully

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
What has being a Christian got to do with anything? You lost me at that.

You also haven't mentioned who you want her to sell it to?

Not sure why you are so protective offer the council?

J

Jack Griffin

What has being a Christian got to do with anything? You lost me at that.

You also haven't mentioned who you want her to sell it to?

Not sure why you are so protective offer the council?

She said that in her interview, but the OP is pointing out that her actions & stated religious convictions may be contradictory.

Anyway, I'm sure she has a camel ready greased up.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think she was quoted as saying it but was described as one by les reid I think?

Perhaps a better symbol would be a horses head in her bed :D

Sutty

The council insist they're fine without the football club. No need whatsoever to feel sorry for them.

Ian Coventry

absolute rubbish.

To anyone who cares...

I have just sent the following to Joy Sepalla: - CEO of SISU Capital who own Otium Entertainment who Currently own Coventry City who currently play their "Home Games" in Northampton. In my view, Joy/SISU/Otium have destroyed a club who have fundamentally been a good club throughout history, we haven't always been the best but we have been a caring club and when our time has come we have "been good" and as Seb Coe would say "Done it right", we have been so good infact that in 1997 we lent Chelsea our away shirts to play in and we subsequently won the game 3-1!

Dear Joy,

I address some thoughts following the interview you made with the Coventry Evening Telegraph dated 26th September 2013. Included in this correspondence are relevant links to interviews you have collaborated in. Additionally, included are links to videos that I would like you to watch and whereby you may consider football supporters of Coventry City as human beings with a passion to follow their football club and not some pawns in a business which appears to be the the expectations that you have of people like myself.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-owner-joy-6096912

Personally I am not an someone from the USA who is a big fan of those described as a "Devout Christian" however, the definition of a "devout christian" as I understand it is somewhat contradictory compared to what you offer to the supporters of Coventry and the City of Coventry in general. My personal conclusions following your interview are as follows:

1.) I will attempt to cause a charity to be financially disfunctional (YES JOY A CHARITY!)

2.) I will attempt to cause the Council of one of the largest cities in England to be financially jeopardised by my actions

3.) I will have utter contempt towards any Coventry City fans (or indeed increasingly ex fans) and see them as utter idiots who are moronic and will give money at all costs which has now dwindled to less that 1500 idiots, - what is 30 miles in a recession eh Joy?

Joy, also you may be happy to watch the following, which has seen the football club begin and then rise without the requirement of moving the club miles from its original home. The club thrived on brilliant people such as Jimmy Hill, Tommy Hutchinson, Clarrie Boulton, Keith Houchen, Bill Glazier, Derek Robbins, John Sillet, Peter Ndlovu, Dion Dublin and George Curtis. The fact that you need to be mentioned in company of these people I find personally insulting.

So Joy, if you can explain the Christian principles in your obscure methods towards destroying the football club which I have for 34 years of my life had a passion for, at times hated, at times loved and at times just plain old accepted then I would be most grateful. You have to appreciate that under yourself/SISU/Otium Entertainment the club isn't mine, it isn't anything a genuine fan of Coventry City can identify with.

My final message Joy is "Please leave, sell our club to people who care about the future of Coventry City and the people who live in the city. Sell it to people who support the football club and have a vested interest in the local economy - all of which you are currently starving it from and clearly have no interest in apart from your own hedge fund. In simple terms I think you are probably too isolated by your religion, location and general understanding of English sporting culture to appreciate who you affect. Joy, please sell up, leave, become an even more anonymous feature of Coventry than you even have been. I sincerely hope in several years time you are never mentioned in the "current". GO, STAY AWAY FROM MY CLUB, MY CITY TAKE YOUR HEDGEFUND ELSEWHERE...

Yours faithfully

James

NorthernWisdom

Sorry yes, I get what you mean now. I just don't know why it matters (and why it was mentioned anyway by her / les).

Why it was mentioned was simply as variation from 'Joy' or 'Seppala'. I'd assume it'd have come up as much in a simple relaxing 'tell me about yourself' opening question.

Same as people are blonde bombshells, committed self pleasurers, or bearded wonders.

Nick

Administrator
Why it was mentioned was simply as variation from 'Joy' or 'Seppala'. I'd assume it'd have come up as much in a simple relaxing 'tell me about yourself' opening question.

Same as people are blonde bombshells, committed self pleasurers, or bearded wonders.

Maybe she is all 3? :D

Captain_Slackbladder

I admit as the OP this is a fairly grey area... I can say from personal experience of having lived in the USA for a number of years that in my view American "Christians" view themselves as to be be generally "good and caring people" people who are "substance abuse free"

I would argue that in this case ,Joy Seppala is abusing CCFC as a substance therefore it contradicts her belief amongst many other things:

Above all I really hope that I speak on the majority of Coventry fans and I just want to have a club which is owned by people you trust, a club which plays in Coventry and things can return to what they were, which in my case was beers in Whitefriars pre match with good people who currently have made different decisions about following the club.

By taking us to Northampton SISU have divided our club, it sounds dramatic but is factually correct...

Nick

Administrator
I admit as the OP this is a fairly grey area... I can say from personal experience of having lived in the USA for a number of years that in my view American "Christians" view themselves as to be be generally "good and caring people" people who are "substance abuse free"

I would argue that in this case ,Joy Seppala is abusing CCFC as a substance therefore it contradicts her belief amongst many other things:

Above all I really hope that I speak on the majority of Coventry fans and I just want to have a club which is owned by people you trust, a club which plays in Coventry and things can return to what they were, which in my case was beers in Whitefriars pre match with good people who currently have made different decisions about following the club.

By taking us to Northampton SISU have divided our club, it sounds dramatic but is factually correct...

So you are saying joy sees ccfc as a bit of crack?

georgehudson

joy sees ccfc as + or - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ or ££££££££££££££££
whichever preference, ccfc fans mean, to quote an american phrase, 'diddly squat'

Captain_Slackbladder

Not really, as foreign investor would you view an "entity" as a substance or something you could make a quick buck out of an abuse? I suspect so, hence why Joy got involved in something and then realised that she was out of her depth but couldn't do anything about it. Personally I view it as an abuse of the peoples goodwill against a substance "material with a definite chemical composition" which certainly defines a lot of CCFC collateral! therefore she is abusing it...

Bizarre as it may be it is probably not as bizarre as someone justifying paying to support Coventry at Northampton, oh wait, I have never seen any rational justification for this other than personal gratification...

georgehudson

C_S, i accept your inferences / points,
but it does not hide the fact that WE are treated as a bad smell on the bottom of a shoe,
& FL / FA stand by ignoring this

Tonylinc

We are having a pop at someone trying to do something about our current situation.........I give up on you lot!

Philosorapter

Mature student who has just completed a Philosophy and History degree here with an interest in Anthropology.

Just trying to clear some things up on the thread.

There are many flavours of Christianity and being devout does not necessarily mean one is acting in the best interests of a personal or social good.

To explain more, if anyone is interested without giving a wall of text, I am linking to Wiki for reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protestant_Ethic_and_the_Spirit_of_Capitalism

Last edited:

Paxman II

To anyone who cares...

Dear Joy,

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-owner-joy-6096912

Personally I am not an someone from the USA who is a big fan of those described as a "Devout Christian" however, the definition of a "devout christian" as I understand it is somewhat contradictory compared to what you offer to the supporters of Coventry and the City of Coventry in general. My personal conclusions following your interview are as follows:

3.) I will have utter contempt towards any Coventry City fans (or indeed increasingly ex fans) and see them as utter idiots who are moronic and will give money at all costs which has now dwindled to less that 1500 idiots, - what is 30 miles in a recession eh Joy?

So Joy, if you can explain the Christian principles in your obscure methods towards destroying the football club which I have for 34 years of my life had a passion for, at times hated, at times loved and at times just plain old accepted then I would be most grateful. You have to appreciate that under yourself/SISU/Otium Entertainment the club isn't mine, it isn't anything a genuine fan of Coventry City can identify with.

My final message Joy is "Please leave, sell our club to people who care about the future of Coventry City and the people who live in the city. Sell it to people who support the football club and have a vested interest in the local economy - all of which you are currently starving it from and clearly have no interest in apart from your own hedge fund. In simple terms I think you are probably too isolated by your religion, location and general understanding of English sporting culture to appreciate who you affect. Joy, please sell up, leave, become an even more anonymous feature of Coventry than you even have been. I sincerely hope in several years time you are never mentioned in the "current". GO, STAY AWAY FROM MY CLUB, MY CITY TAKE YOUR HEDGEFUND ELSEWHERE...

Yours faithfully

James

This is utter twaddle.

Flying Fokker

So you are saying joy sees ccfc as a bit of crack?

Administrator? This forum will fall below it's benchmark if you continue to ask questions that belittle people or ask questions that trivialise discussion. It may of course be a Stuart Linnell esque devils advocate effort to churn up some controversy. Maybe get a different hobby? Ooh controversy.

mrtrench

Can you hear that? Listen carefully... That's the sound of Joy not giving a shit. Or at least it would be if she read your letter - which she won't.

It's a compulsory political thing to say you are a devout Christian in th US, so I wouldn't put too much store on that either.

Some children are absolutely determined they will not apologise, or eat their greens, or whatever. No matter how rediculous it gets, no matter how many treats you withhold, you ain't going to get anything out of them. That is Joy. She will never give in until she has her profit. She even named her Hedge Fund after a word meaning 'never give in'. You can email as much as you like, and if it makes you feel better for an hour or so then go ahead. In my opinion there are only two ways to get the club back in Cov:

1. Give Sisu the Ricoh. We shouldn't do this. One should never give in to blackmail

2. Starve her out until her investors desert her and she has no other options. This is going to take a long time. We must be resolute and as determined as her. Stop worrying about 1,500 still going, she ain't gunna get fat on that. But the remainder needs to stay strong, even if we go on a cup run and draw Man U.

Hobo

There was a few things in Joys interview that interested me, that I thought showed she was desperately trying to win favour and have some empathy with the fans.

She knows nothing about football and knows she cannot pretend too without getting found out after 5 minutes.

She went for the Christianity reference, common in America where it would throw a lot of weight. Interviews with American sports stars often throws up Christian faith.

She tries to get empathy from the supports by saying 'football is like a religion'. So all though I'm not a fan I know how you feel because I follow a religion also.

Then we have a slight continuation of the theme knowing fans are sceptical of her motives being in charge of a hedge fund with a dodgy reputation. "My job is to shepherd people's money." Christian imagery mixed with modern management speak, if you've got to diliver a tough message soften it. I.e we need to embrace change, rather than, tough that is what is going to happen.

She also dropped in a line to see if she could win a few sympathy votes when she says how upset she is how ACL, CCC, Higgs have treated her like. Being continually bullied and beaten up? Hang on this is the Queen of debt, a woman who has the reputation for playing 'hardball' and having 'balls of steel'. A woman who a judge alluded to the fact he suspected she was lying to his court of law. A woman who's organisation was fined heavily for non payment of tax. A woman who went for a JR and the initial finding threw it out because her actions over non payment of rent 'was illegal'.

Anybody in the house got a tissue for the lady?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Sorry yes, I get what you mean now. I just don't know why it matters (and why it was mentioned anyway by her / les).

because Christians couldn't possibly do anything wrong, you know like Adolf Hitler, catholic priest, Tony Blair etc etc.

Nick

Administrator
Administrator? This forum will fall below it's benchmark if you continue to ask questions that belittle people or ask questions that trivialise discussion. It may of course be a Stuart Linnell esque devils advocate effort to churn up some controversy. Maybe get a different hobby? Ooh controversy.

Why can't I ask a question? He said ccfc was like substance abuse for her? Doesnt matter if I'm administrator or a new user.

Grendel

Can you hear that? Listen carefully... That's the sound of Joy not giving a shit. Or at least it would be if she read your letter - which she won't.

It's a compulsory political thing to say you are a devout Christian in th US, so I wouldn't put too much store on that .

No one seemed to tell Mitt Romney that.

Spionkop

Slackadder, well done for sending it. It's on days like this when we should be going to our Coventry home match in Coventry.
Those going to Sixfields are just helping to prolong the stay there. Put simply - if no CCFC fans went there this farce would be over in a flash.

Users who are viewing this thread