I don't want to support SISU - but i don't want to kill CCFC either... (1 Viewer)

Matty_CCFC

SBREV
what a refreshing post. It's about time people on here actually discussed this.

I know when the club announced it was looking at another potential venue to play at for the next three seasons we all said I'm not following in them, CCFC belong in Coventry etc.

I think a lot of people just couldn't believe it would be a possibility as the fans would never allow it.

Now we are at the stage where the club are not listening to the fans and what they want so some people are considering swallowing their pride and following our Sky Blues next season.

The main reason being that it is for the good of the club. With the new FFP rules coming in then yes our budget this season will be OK but the following three where little to to no income is made so cannot be put back into the club we are going to struggle to compete. Under these circumstances relegation at least once is a distinct possibility.

The other option as hard as it is would be to support our club and give them a fighting chance.

Its all well and good having campaigns like 'not one penny more' and 'save our city' but are these really going to help long term?

At the end of the day the only way for any of this to change is for a buyer to come in, pay way over the odds for a football club who's only assets are the badge, the name and the staff contracts. Then to do a deal with the Ricoh when they have secured the club. Is this likely? No.

Going back to Rev original point, as hard as it is this is looking more and more like the reality and nobody is going to be judged for changing their mind and supporting their ubiquitous especially if it's to help them in the long term.

Some good points, but will it help them in the medium or long term?
SISU will take any small margins back.
Also, a buyer would be in a better postion if the club was on its knees and even if a few 100 did follow them thats not going to do any more than pay one player never mind other debts, rent and Fishers pocket.

CCFC_GT

I am strictly pro-CCFC, not pro-SISU or pro-ACL, both of which I have issues with. Initially I had some sympathy with SISU over access to revenues which has never been satisfactorily resolved for the good of the football club, and I believe both SISU and CCC (through ACL) are culpable for this. However my mistrust and dislike of SISU has grown as they have kicked CCFC about like a football in a power struggle with ACL, with utter disregard and contempt for the clubs history and us supporters, and in my view they are not fit and proper owners of CCFC.

It is impossible to believe that SISU would ever liquidate the club, even out of spite by JS, as it has shareholders to consider, and as we have seen there will always be buyers prepared to offer something for the football club.

So would we kill the club by trying to financially starve SISU out? No we wouldn't. Yes there would be short term pain for the club, but for me this is preferable to allowing SISU to continue to piss all over us.

Godiva

I do know where your coming from, but look at it from another angle.
The Ricoh is there, waiting and hopefully ready for a team to play at. All SISU need to do is talk to ACL and agree a deal of some sort, its obvious that ACL will want to get this sorted.
If our owners cared about the fans Mr Fisher or AN Other would be on there knees begging to use the Ricoh, the point being they just do not care and they think that a lot of fans will give up on principles and follow the team anywhere.
Now I am just your avarage garage bod but even I can start questioning where they they will get the money for a new stadium? If it was ever built who would own it, not CCFC as the investors would want there cut. Then ask who would give planning permission in Coventry and how long would it take ?
We do need to try and stick together and put pressure on Joy Sappala to get rid of Fisher or even saell for what ever she can, also pressure the FL to tell SISU to play games at Ricoh.

As this is all about money, sisu would consider if they will make more profit from building and owning their own stadium or keep on playing at a rented venue. I think they will opt to stay at the Ricoh only if they are offered ACL 100% at a realistic price. The next move will be down to Higgs/ccc - sisu have played their hand.

The new stadium will be financed by first buying a large piece of suitable land. Then get planning permission. Sell of the surrounding land with a profit. Build the stadium and take out a mortgage.
They will sell leases to shop and business owners inside the stadium complex to finance the operational costs (like ACL). All year revenue will contribute towards the FFP cap.
The stadium will be owned by a company within the SBS&L group - that way sisu's exit will be selling the club and stadium as one.

Last edited:

Godiva

lol make your mind up !!!!!!!
one post you say liquidation and now your not !!!!!!!!!!

ccfc limited will most likely be liquidated as part of the exit from administration (owners voluntary liquidation), but the club will not. If FL agree to the administrators decision, then sisu will ask the return of of the golden share and that it is registered with Otium, holdings or SBS&L.

Godiva

He's right ,your delusional if you think any of this will work and secondly be of any benefit to the /club.

Why shouldn't it work ... what won't work?
Why wouldn't it benefit the club?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think you have missed my point...I am saying that the new owners are here, the FL have agreed to work with them, Its time for me to become a supporter again and not a hater.

Did you really mean to type 'new owners are here'?

If I go to a fancy dress party dressed as an otter; it's me underneath. You know that, yeah?

wingy

to the OP ,I think you need to straighten your head out ,and be consistent .Maybe its time to drop the SISU OUT discount at your business.:confused:

Black6Osprey

SBREV
what a refreshing post. It's about time people on here actually discussed this.

I know when the club announced it was looking at another potential venue to play at for the next three seasons we all said I'm not following in them, CCFC belong in Coventry etc.

I think a lot of people just couldn't believe it would be a possibility as the fans would never allow it.

Now we are at the stage where the club are not listening to the fans and what they want so some people are considering swallowing their pride and following our Sky Blues next season.

The main reason being that it is for the good of the club. With the new FFP rules coming in then yes our budget this season will be OK but the following three where little to to no income is made so cannot be put back into the club we are going to struggle to compete. Under these circumstances relegation at least once is a distinct possibility.

The other option as hard as it is would be to support our club and give them a fighting chance.

Its all well and good having campaigns like 'not one penny more' and 'save our city' but are these really going to help long term?

At the end of the day the only way for any of this to change is for a buyer to come in, pay way over the odds for a football club who's only assets are the badge, the name and the staff contracts. Then to do a deal with the Ricoh when they have secured the club. Is this likely? No.

Going back to Rev original point, as hard as it is this is looking more and more like the reality and nobody is going to be judged for changing their mind and supporting their ubiquitous especially if it's to help them in the long term.

People must do what they think is right for them.

I don't have a problem with anyone who wishes to support the team outside the City but my own mind is made up and I won't be anywhere near the place.

We averaged about 1000 away last year and playing wherever we end up could effectively mean a whole season of away games.

Realistically when you consider the time and effort involved, the crowds are going to be very low, especially if the normal away supporters continue to go to away games but don't go to home games. Can you see our older demographic of home supporters going to another ground every week?

Watching football is supposed to be enjoyable and I wonder how long those that do decide to go to Nene Park, Walsall or wherever will continue to do so in crowds of 2000 that don't even fill half the ground.

Godiva

to the OP ,I think you need to straighten your head out ,and be consistent .Maybe its time to drop the SISU OUT discount at your business.:confused:

Change of secret password will do ...

Buster

As this is all about money, sisu would consider if they will make more profit from building and owning their own stadium or keep on playing at a rented venue. I think they will opt to stay at the Ricoh only if they are offered ACL 100% at a realistic price. The next move will be down to Higgs/ccc - sisu have played their hand.

The new stadium will be financed by first buying a large piece of suitable land. Then get planning permission. Sell of the surrounding land with a profit. Build the stadium and take out a mortgage.
They will sell leases to shop and business owners inside the stadium complex to finance the operational costs (like ACL). All year revenue will contribute towards the FFP cap.
The stadium will be owned by a company within the SBS&L group - that way sisu's exit will be selling the club and stadium as one.

If i had money in SISU's hedge fund and i heard this was the plan i would be on the phone to Joy straight away and say " Joy , get back to the ricoh , do a deal and in the next 12 months get as much for the club as you can before we lose the feckin lot"
TAXI FOR SEPPALA!!

dongonzalos

ccfc limited will most likely be liquidated as part of the exit from administration (owners voluntary liquidation), but the club will not. If FL agree to the administrators decision, then sisu will ask the return of of the golden share and that it is registered with Otium, holdings or SBS&L.

Even if that liquidation is agreed to if part of the club are liquidated do we not automatically get a 15 point deduction?

_brian_

If I go to a fancy dress party dressed as an otter; it's me underneath. You know that, yeah?

What 'otter'* nonsense! LOL!!!

(*It's a play on words as 'otter' sounds a bit like 'utter'. Please be advised that this is only a joke and I do not believe Mary_Mungo_Midge's post to really be utter (or otter - LOL) nonsense! Every man (or woman - although not as likely as this is a football forum) should be entitled to post their true feelings and beliefs on here, regardless of their viewpoint).

Godiva

Even if that liquidation is agreed to if part of the club are liquidated do we not automatically get a 15 point deduction?

No, I don't think so. No football creditors are suffering losses.

italiahorse

Obviously the best thing that can happen is that someone else gets both CCFC and The Ricoh.
Once SISU commit to this new stadium that's gone as SISU 10 year plan switches on (TF - Monday forum) and there's no going back.

Unfortunately we are now torn between supporting the team by attending these so called "home" matches.
As a result of doing this it would be supporting SISU 10 year plan.

To stop the plan we need to not go to these matches. Its only a few weeks to do this as this will show SISU and they will change there plan.

3000 at "Walsall" leads to SISU 10 year plan.
0 at "Walsall" leads to SISU gone.

wingy

Obviously the best thing that can happen is that someone else gets both CCFC and The Ricoh.
Once SISU commit to this new stadium that's gone as SISU 10 year plan switches on (TF - Monday forum) and there's no going back.

Unfortunately we are now torn between supporting the team by attending these so called "home" matches.

To stop the plan we need to not go to these matches. Its only a few weeks to do this as this will show SISU and they will change there plan.

Not Quite Italia, 3K. crowds lead to Div 4 and no need for a new ground,the end of them and possibly the end of us ,if they chose to be Spiteful.

Buster

Not Quite Italia, 3K. crowds lead to Div 4 and no need for a new ground,the end of them and possibly the end of us ,if they chose to be Spiteful.

How could it be the end of us ? Can they close the doors and walk? DO we lose our league position? Wouldnt they want the best deal for their shareholders ? Joy would never work again . She has got to get the best deal she can! She cant afford to be spitefull

Godiva

First of all - it won't be 0 attendance. There will be thousands. Belive it or not, there are a few who support the team and don't really take too much notice of who the owners are.
We will still field a relatively high value team this season, so there could even be a few wins which will attract another few supporters. Maybe the season average will be 3000, maybe more ... certainly not zero.

Secondly - the point of no return is when they agree a three year groundshare - or lease. From that point there will be no looking back.
And that will mean sisu's 10 year plan will go ahead. It will be funded and the three year loss of income will be expected.

When the new stadium opens all of the current nonesense will be but a faint memory.

Otis

How ridiculous.

Who ever heard of anyone going to a fancy dress party dressed as an otter?

Apart from my friend Tarka of course.

chiefdave

At some point SISU will have to walk away. The worry is they are so stubborn they would kill us off out of spite before letting anyone else takeover.

Nonleagueherewecome

The problem is, that very few trust SISU, and nobody has a clue as to what they really want to do, this is due to lack of transparency.
If there was trust and a detailed way forward, then it would be easier to make a decision on whether to jump on the train or turn your back.

It's because there isn't trust that the decision part is quite easy for me. The actual experience will be the worst part, though: like giving up smoking, saying you are going to do it is the easy part-it's still horrible going through the process!

I certainly don't feel any guilt as it costs me a lot of money-one tends to pay for pleasures rather than duties, so don't feel like I'm letting anyone down tbh.

NorthernWisdom

I certainly don't feel any guilt as it costs me a lot of money-one tends to pay for pleasures rather than duties, so don't feel like I'm letting anyone down tbh.

Of course you're not letting anyone down. If it's not fun for you, why should you pay?

If people feel they've had enough, they should of course not waste their money anymore. Likewise, if people feel they want to support the club, then they should of course do so.

In the context of my earlier post if you can be bothered to read it, the business world and football world see them as the new owners, it doesn't matter what we know or think. MMM also your analogy is not a very good one, thanks for trying thou.

Nonleagueherewecome

In the context of my earlier post if you can be bothered to read it, the business world and football world see them as the new owners, it doesn't matter what we know or think. MMM also your analogy is not a very good one, thanks for trying thou.

They aren't new though, are there? Everyone, including the football and business world, know this: they are choosing to ignore it. I seriously can't do that!

Wingy - the offer was a bit of fun mate, and also open to all posters on here - my head is straight thanks thou for your concern, if I knew how to get the thing off i would.

Godiva

Wingy - the offer was a bit of fun mate, and also open to all posters on here - my head is straight thanks thou for your concern, if I knew how to get the thing off i would.

You can edit.

wingy

That really is like Fiction imitating reality .IE; Trying to shake the CCFC affliction = technological breakdown . I bet you've had plenty of takers.:) no offence intended

Users who are viewing this thread