I don't want to support SISU - but i don't want to kill CCFC either... (2 Viewers)

No taken :)
That really is like Fiction imitating reality .IE; Trying to shake the CCFC affliction = technological breakdown . I bet you've had plenty of takers.:) no offence intended

This is what has been worrying me its almost we are dammed if do and dammed if we don't. some good points made on her from both sides, I think I am going to see where we will be playing, TBH if it is the Ricoh I will be there, if it is Northampton I might go to the odd game, I wont line the pockets of the competition so Walsall and Blues are out for me...and will continue to go to as many away games as possible - I will buy the kit when it comes out for my youngest son (4) for the reason my eldest son (16) has had all kits since he was born up till last year - and its something I want to continue for him. lets just prey that we can get this mess sorted and we can all get back to supporting the team.

SBREV
what a refreshing post. It's about time people on here actually discussed this.

I know when the club announced it was looking at another potential venue to play at for the next three seasons we all said I'm not following in them, CCFC belong in Coventry etc.

I think a lot of people just couldn't believe it would be a possibility as the fans would never allow it.

Now we are at the stage where the club are not listening to the fans and what they want so some people are considering swallowing their pride and following our Sky Blues next season.

The main reason being that it is for the good of the club. With the new FFP rules coming in then yes our budget this season will be OK but the following three where little to to no income is made so cannot be put back into the club we are going to struggle to compete. Under these circumstances relegation at least once is a distinct possibility.

The other option as hard as it is would be to support our club and give them a fighting chance.

Its all well and good having campaigns like 'not one penny more' and 'save our city' but are these really going to help long term?

At the end of the day the only way for any of this to change is for a buyer to come in, pay way over the odds for a football club who's only assets are the badge, the name and the staff contracts. Then to do a deal with the Ricoh when they have secured the club. Is this likely? No.

Going back to Rev original point, as hard as it is this is looking more and more like the reality and nobody is going to be judged for changing their mind and supporting their ubiquitous especially if it's to help them in the long term.

RegTheDonk

I don't want SISU here, I think most agree with this and I have contacted the league, signed petitions, tweeted, facebooked ect...like most on this forum, I do not want to move from Coventry...but as the season draws closer, and the fixtures are out I am considering this, if I boycott games and merchandise ect, am I not in fact contributing the the death of the club? If we did manage to financially starve SISU out what would then happen to our club, could we be the people that finally kills off our club? Could we be liquidated? Gone forever? I am concerned and now all the dust has settled and its clear SISU/Otium are here for now...what do I do, I feel they have called our bluff almost, we are all in the position of support the club and we might get out of this or don't and who knows what will happen...does anyone else on here feel like ? is is your defiance wavering? I am staring to feel guilty if I do not support the club in its hour of need...I am just being honest about how I really feel and dropping all the bluster, its time to have a serious think on how I am going to deal with this.

Don't worry. Joy has personally put in squillions. She won't let the club die until she's found someone to buy us out. Not giving the b*tch one penny more will hopefully ensure she speeds up the sale.

The Penguin

I realise this is probably a minority view on this site but people should be allowed to choose to do whatever they feel is right, and not be judged either way.

I don't agree with going to watch the club at any groundshare. I don't have a problem with people saying they won't go while SISU are still in charge. I plan on not paying the comparative pittance of money that I do every season for merch and a membership. I feel like supporting the club is tantamount to supporting decisions made by those in charge. That's my view.

However, I will endeavour not to slander or attack anyone who will be going to watch, or who will continue to support, financially and otherwise. That's your choice and I respect that.

It's possible to disagree with a standpoint and not be a dick about it. Everyone is stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment and throwing insults about like we're in some giant playground and trying to compare metaphorical cock sizes doesn't really help the situation.

_brian_

I realise this is probably a minority view on this site but people should be allowed to choose to do whatever they feel is right, and not be judged either way.

I don't agree with going to watch the club at any groundshare. I don't have a problem with people saying they won't go while SISU are still in charge. I plan on not paying the comparative pittance of money that I do every season for merch and a membership. I feel like supporting the club is tantamount to supporting decisions made by those in charge. That's my view.

However, I will endeavour not to slander or attack anyone who will be going to watch, or who will continue to support, financially and otherwise. That's your choice and I respect that.

It's possible to disagree with a standpoint and not be a dick about it. Everyone is stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment and throwing insults about like we're in some giant playground and trying to compare metaphorical cock sizes doesn't really help the situation.

No offence, but I really can't work out if you're pro-Sisu or pro-ACL from that post, mate! Any chance you can clarify please, before I decide how I should react? Thanks!!!

I don't think they are choosing to ignore it, administrations and CVA happen like this every day in business - the reason for it is to culture a entrepreneurial spirit apparently...it a well used business strategy, whether we like it not it is seen as a new company - the old one is going through the administration process.

They aren't new though, are there? Everyone, including the football and business world, know this: they are choosing to ignore it. I seriously can't do that!

singers_pore

The new stadium will be financed by first buying a large piece of suitable land. Then get planning permission. Sell of the surrounding land with a profit. Build the stadium and take out a mortgage. They will sell leases to shop and business owners inside the stadium complex to finance the operational costs (like ACL). All year revenue will contribute towards the FFP cap. The stadium will be owned by a company within the SBS&L group - that way sisu's exit will be selling the club and stadium as one.

You make it all sound so easy. You don't foresee any potential banana skins in the above scenario, like how in hell are SISU going to get planning permission for a new stadium?

Answer me this one. If SISU have really found a plot of land for which they can get planning permission and develop further at a profit, then why on earth would they want to put a loss-making football club in the middle of it all. Why not simply buy the land and develop it as a completely separate business proposition away from the toxic CCFC?

Frankly I am surprised that - as an intelligent poster - you are so easily taken in by such a hair-brained and illogical business plan.

Anyone with business sense would know that SISU cannot be serious in what they claim to be planning. It simply makes no sense.

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't think they are choosing to ignore it, administrations and CVA happen like this every day in business - the reason for it is to culture a entrepreneurial spirit apparently...it a well used business strategy, whether we like it not it is seen as a new company - the old one is going through the administration process.

I would say it is a weasly loop-hole as far as our situation is concerned.

If Fisher turned up speaking in a salty sea-dog voice and using the words, "ahh, Jim Laard" at the end of every sentence, will we believe him when he asserts that he is actually Timothy The Pirate, not in any way related to one Tim Fisher, any similarities to which he bares being 100% coincidental...?

chiefdave

The new stadium will be financed by first buying a large piece of suitable land. Then get planning permission. Sell of the surrounding land with a profit. Build the stadium and take out a mortgage.
They will sell leases to shop and business owners inside the stadium complex to finance the operational costs (like ACL). All year revenue will contribute towards the FFP cap.
The stadium will be owned by a company within the SBS&L group - that way sisu's exit will be selling the club and stadium as one.

Surely if it was as easy as that and you could build a brand new stadium that gives you extra revenue but costs you nothing every club with a shabby old ground would be doing it?

I would be amazed if CCFC end up owning this new stadium, only difference will be we're paying rent to a SISU company rather than ACL. Fisher wouldn't make any comment about who would own the ground at the forums, tells you everything you need to know about that.

SonOfSnoz

Sisu are NOT from Cov but still bank roll the club! Yes, they awful owners but at least club's heart is still beating, only just!
Blame lies with Richardson/Mcginnity & Robinson. Why was Hover axed?
Not a fan of Fisher but can see his logic!
Never should have sold Highfield Road.
Mcginnity was Chairman when gas tank was blown down & when Ricoh doors opened.
Ironic, he owned a stadium seating company, which kitted out Highfield's East stand & the Ricoh!
No wonder he was quick to sign away CCFC's involvement to Acl just to get his pay off!
If Joy Seppala is so shy, why doesn't she at least communicate via this forum or on CWR?
Her main strength is fighting judges in court, so why scared of distant fans?
Can Acl not also go into admin & then Otium/Acl do asensible deal with a lesser debt for both companies?

letsallsingtogether

Sisu are NOT from Cov but still bank roll their business by putting their debt into City! Yes, they awful owners but and have ripped out the heart of the club!
Blame lies with Richardson/Mcginnity & Robinson. Why was Hover axed?
Not a fan of Fisher and can't see his logic!
Never should have sold Highfield Road even if it was falling down and couldn't get a fire certificate.
Mcginnity was Chairman when gas tank was blown down & when Ricoh doors opened.
Ironic, he owned a stadium seating company, which kitted out Highfield's East stand & the RicohNo wonder he was quick to sign away CCFC's involvement to Acl just to get his pay off????
If Joy Seppala is so shy, why doesn't she at least communicate via this forum or on CWR?
Her main strength is fighting coventry in court, so why scared of descent fans?
Can SISU not also go into admin & then Acl do a sensible deal with a lesser debt for both companies?

Users who are viewing this thread