I apologise for saying Matty James flatters to deceive (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

You know Cov have had a good weekend when Mbappe vs Henry is the biggest disagreement on the forum

Terry_dactyl

I think a lot of that upturn was MR adjusting to the more intense style we have now and the players around him performing better.

He has been injured a lot, and we couldn't afford him to be out injured so much here, but when playing he hasn't been all that. None of their fans I know are desperate for his return when he's out.

I just had a quick look and he's been back in since we beat them and their record has been W1 D2 L4.
You might well be right but I thought James was integral to the performances.

He’s certainly not done much at Bristol.

That French bloke they’ve got in midfield looked great when we played them…albeit he may have messed up for Vik’s goal at the end.

Liquid Gold

You might well be right but I thought James was integral to the performances.

He’s certainly not done much at Bristol.

That French bloke they’ve got in midfield looked great when we played them…albeit he may have messed up for Vik’s goal at the end.
Massengo. Quality little player. Only 20 too.

Although you'd expect him to have something about him if you pay £7m to Monaco for him.

covcity4life

Mate , he's playing in a shit league , in a team that's a million miles ahead of the rest , in an era where nobody can defend .. fuck me mate people were calling luke Shaw the best left back in the world last year and Harry maguire one of the worlds best centre halves ..

I'm not saying mbappe is shit , he's good .. but put shearer in that psg team , put Henry in that team and kluivert in today's football they all score 30 to 40 no problems all , is that not true ?
You are actually stupid mate. Shearer and kluviert would score loads just like mpabbe because they are all class players.

This shit league nonsense is all social media. You are beyond help. Didn't even rate sheaf lol

Evo1883

You are actually stupid mate. Shearer and kluviert would score loads just like mpabbe because they are all class players.

This shit league nonsense is all social media. You are beyond help. Didn't even rate sheaf lol

😆😆 ffs

covcity4life

I can understand you saying I would have liked to see him against defenders of yesteryear mate but outright syaing nah he couldn't do it is crazy. His talent is there for all to see and it's undeniable

Same goes for haaland. Absolute beast and force of nature. Once again sure like to see him Vs maldini etc but don't just assume he wouldn't have been able to do it. Has same skill set as some of the star strikers from great eras.

Modern footy may not be as good but it doesn't mean the players are dogshit

Evo1883

I can understand you saying I would have liked to see him against defenders of yesteryear mate but outright syaing nah he couldn't do it is crazy. His talent is there for all to see and it's undeniable

Same goes for haaland. Absolute beast and force of nature. Once again sure like to see him Vs maldini etc but don't just assume he wouldn't have been able to do it. Has same skill set as some of the star strikers from great eras.

Read it back , haven't said he couldn't do it , ive already said hes good .. I'm basically saying he'd score less .. which is a reasonable assumption.

It's easier no doubt for forwards today than it was before ..

How is this even an argument and what are you arguing with me about lol

Grendel

I think the game has changed and probably the high ranked defenders generally are. You look at the likes of Shaw and McGuire and they aren’t brillliant

Van Dyke shows what a great defender can add to a team - no modern English defender comes close

Kane though is above players like shearer because his all round game is just incredible the way he can move and play the ball for a big striker

covcity4life

Read it back , haven't said he couldn't do it , ive already said hes good .. I'm basically saying he'd score less .. which is a reasonable assumption.

It's easier no doubt for forwards today than it was before ..

How is this even an argument and what are you arguing with me about lol
You were putting him down tho first and now a more reasonable explanation

Less star defenders about now I agree but the game has super fit players all over the pitch now. Even someone who isn't a great tackler may have speed pace and jumping ability etc to make things difficult for strikers.

covcity4life

Are you also in the " pogba is a generational talent " gang
He's extremely talented but never really clicked. Won't go down as one of the best but if he had managed to be consistent then he would be on of the best of his generation. The talent is there. Not mentality and drive it seems.

covcity4life

I think the game has changed and probably the high ranked defenders generally are. You look at the likes of Shaw and McGuire and they aren’t brillliant

Van Dyke shows what a great defender can add to a team - no modern English defender comes close

Kane though is above players like shearer because his all round game is just incredible the way he can move and play the ball for a big striker
Yeah kane could do it any era too.

Evo1883

You were putting him down tho first and now a more reasonable explanation

Less star defenders about now I agree but the game has super fit players all over the pitch now. Even someone who isn't a great tackler may have speed pace and jumping ability etc to make things difficult for strikers.

I haven't put him down , I said he plays in a poor league and his team are miles ahead of the competition .. you don't like me saying it , that's all

It's true isn't it ? They've won 7 of the last 9 titles and are 12 clear this year, that's 8 in 10

covcity4life

I haven't put him down , I said he plays in a poor league and his team are miles ahead of the competition .. you don't like me saying it , that's all

It's true isn't it ?
Mile's ahead yup agree. Altho Lille won league last year thankfully.

Don't think it's a shit league tho. They just can't compete with psg consistently. In France they have lots of good academies and as we know from national team so much talent coming though, lots of academy players play for ligue 1 teams as too many of them for just the big teams. Strasbourg may finish in CL spots. It's very competitive outside psg

Evo1883

Don't think it's a shit league tho. They just can't compete with psg consistently. In France they have lots of good academies and as we know from national team so much talent coming though, lots of academy players play for ligue 1 teams as too many of them for just the big teams. Strasbourg may finish in CL spots. It's very competitive outside psg

Mate it's poor , French clubs have won a whopping 2 major European trophies EVER ... they are behind the competition by a long way overall

covcity4life

Mate it's poor , French club have won a whopping 2 major European trophies EVER ... they are behind the competition by a long way overall
It's not the strongest euro league but I don't agree it's poor

As for euro comps it's crazy that I now root for English teams to go out a lot of the time. Too much money and the teams from France Italy Portugal etc have become the plucky underdogs.

Evo1883

It's not the strongest euro league but I don't agree it's poor

As for euro comps it's crazy that I now root for English teams to go out a lot of the time. Too much money and the teams from France Italy Portugal etc have become the plucky underdogs.

I always root for the english clubs , it's funny because the Italian league dominated Europe for a long time through corruption and monetary power in the 80s and 90s .. they are paying for that still today .. I wonder what will become of the english game in 30 years

covcity4life

I always root for the english clubs , it's funny because the Italian league dominated Europe for a long time through corruption and monetary power in the 80s and 90s .. they are paying for that still today .. I wonder what will become of the english game in 30 years
Seems too powerful to be knocked down right now

SlowerThanPlatt

Watched Strasbourg’s game against Lyon yesterday, really good team, their story is vaguely similar to ours, ten years ago went into liquidation and had to start all over in the fifth tier!

Users who are viewing this thread