Hypothetical Sixfields Protest (3 Viewers)

sky blue john

The best option for the sisu out cause is an empty stadium !!!
Obviously the fans on here supporting a mass protest in the stadium are the ones that are currently visiting sixfields for home matches !!!!
Maybe they want a crowd to hide behind and not look silly huddled up in their little groups !!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Obviously the fans on here supporting a mass protest in the stadium are the ones that are currently visiting sixfields for home matches !!!!

^^ Utter bollocks!!

Moving on:

The game is live on national TV....this has surely got to be seen as the next (and possibly last) chance to show our strength in depth.....

....no such show has been seen since the 5000 strong march.....since then the "protests" have been small scale & have barely made the local news, let alone national....

lets be honest...a few angry blokes on the hill way off in the distance just looks shit......the press photos etc. were embarrassing enough at the Bristol game.....it would be totally cringeworthy live on sky.

The mass exodus would have a great impact IF it was organized & supported properly....but I fear as fans we are now too divided to pull it off as some would stay, or wish to stay.....I could even forsee trouble between those wishing to leave & those wishing to stay....

So, realistically, I think we are left with 3 options.

1. Try & CONVINCE (not threaten, intimidate or childishly abuse) those that are currently attending sixfields to abstain for this particular game.....get the stadium as empty as possible.....

2. Fill the ground for a one off mass protest of noise, banners, balloons etc. & actually get noticed.....how about the SBT get 7000 mocked up "Big Issue" covers printed....

...after all, we are currently homeless & it certainly is a big issue.....and on the other side of that cover could just be plain text such as "1883-2013 RIP?" or "34 miles !!" for example....

3. Continue to become a more & more divided & disparate group of fans with a ever growing & contradictory set of messages/slogans such as NOPM, KCIC etc. which mean fuck all to anyone who is not a city fan....

ccfcmustang

Sixfields is not in Coventry and will never be at home, therefore we shouldnt care less about the state we leave it in. It would take 2 weeks of a full house completely disrupting the game and 1 of 2 things will happen. 1) NTFC kick us out for destroying sixfields. Tim fisher then has the choice of coming home or moving further away its as simple as that. If he moves us further away then we have the answers we need to the franchise concept. 2) FL order all CCFC home matches to be played behind closed doors. Then all you NOPM campaigners will get your 0 attendances. Surely this is the way to go about this

simple_simon

^^ Utter bollocks!!

Moving on:

The game is live on national TV....this has surely got to be seen as the next (and possibly last) chance to show our strength in depth.....

....no such show has been seen since the 5000 strong march.....since then the "protests" have been small scale & have barely made the local news, let alone national....

lets be honest...a few angry blokes on the hill way off in the distance just looks shit......the press photos etc. were embarrassing enough at the Bristol game.....it would be totally cringeworthy live on sky.

The mass exodus would have a great impact IF it was organized & supported properly....but I fear as fans we are now too divided to pull it off as some would stay, or wish to stay.....I could even forsee trouble between those wishing to leave & those wishing to stay....

So, realistically, I think we are left with 3 options.

1. Try & CONVINCE (not threaten, intimidate or childishly abuse) those that are currently attending sixfields to abstain for this particular game.....get the stadium as empty as possible.....

2. Fill the ground for a one off mass protest of noise, banners, balloons etc. & actually get noticed.....how about the SBT get 7000 mocked up "Big Issue" covers printed....

...after all, we are currently homeless & it certainly is a big issue.....and on the other side of that cover could just be plain text such as "1883-2013 RIP?" or "34 miles !!" for example....

3. Continue to become a more & more divided & disparate group of fans with a ever growing & contradictory set of messages/slogans such as NOPM, KCIC etc. which mean fuck all to anyone who is not a city fan....

All I would add is that at least those on the Hill are trying to put a message over, the problem we have is that most City fans just sit at home and agree things should be done but in the true world fo sweet FA.

simple_simon

Sixfields is not in Coventry and will never be at home, therefore we shouldnt care less about the state we leave it in. It would take 2 weeks of a full house completely disrupting the game and 1 of 2 things will happen. 1) NTFC kick us out for destroying sixfields. Tim fisher then has the choice of coming home or moving further away its as simple as that. If he moves us further away then we have the answers we need to the franchise concept. 2) FL order all CCFC home matches to be played behind closed doors. Then all you NOPM campaigners will get your 0 attendances. Surely this is the way to go about this

Am with you, but need to get Coventry Supporters to get of there arses and do something.

jimmyhillsfanclub

All I would add is that at least those on the Hill are trying to put a message over, the problem we have is that most City fans just sit at home and agree things should be done but in the true world fo sweet FA.

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not really criticising anyone who feels the need to protest on the hill.....I just don't think its the correct approach....especially for the upcoming live sky game which as previously stated, I believe will possibly be our LAST CHANCE to stage an effective MASS protest before more & more fans either drift away from the club or just accept the situation as it is.

Its time for the Trust, KCIC & NOPM factions to unite all the fans behind a simple cause of getting City back in the city.

I don't care if they are pro sisu, anti sisu, up ACL's arse or hate the council with a passion....our only shared goal is still the most important one.....to get city back in the city.

Postman Pat

Sorry but cant see what those on the hill achieve.You can hardly see them, the other week i counted about 11 but it was said there was about 40 there,you certianly cant hear them and as for the person holding up the a4 piece of paper.You complain about having to go to Northampton and yet you go and stand on a hill are you not already making your point by not buying a ticket.

skybluetony176

everyone could join the queue's for the turnstiles and when you get to the front stop moving until you are asked to so by an official, then calmly turn the other way and go to jimmy's hill.

i have a theory that our best option to get noticed is to delay the kick off, so this coupled with my block the roads and car parks with a high volume of cars in the vicinity tactic may be enough to do so and bugger up the sky tv schedule at the same time.

Johnnythespider

Has anyone suggested a skydiver with a message on there chute, landing on the pitch during the game, something along the lines of, "will you twats get this shit sorted out please"

VegetableSamosa

Yes I am happy...I think that's the idea of not one penny more....it'll be even more embarrassing with an empty ground in front of the sky cameras.why travel to northampton to watch the game from the hill..ITS ON SKY.:) I'll be in coventry watching it with sisu's money in my pocket thanks.

The way the cameras were positioned at the Ricoh, with it on the prawn sandwich stand and the segregatin behind the away goal, it looked empty anyway. Most lower league grounds do. Everyone leaving, especially if we sat where the cameras were facing, would be more noticeable and embarrassing than an empty stadium.

We don't want people getting into the habit of going to Northampton. Many of us have vowed never to set foot in their ground. The last thing we want is people deciding that, actually the journey wasn't that bad and they had a great day out.

I would go to protest on the hill, but never inside.

I think you should give the fans more credit in their intelligence and conviction of their beliefs. Besides, travelling to the hill to protest is the same as travelling to the ground to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread