Hypothetical Sixfields Protest (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Was talking in another thread about a protest at Sixfields. I have my reservations about protests inside the ground, but it got my thinking what would I support and could we do an effective protest inside Sixfields?

So, the thread's question is: What sort of protest at Sixfields would you attend?

Some ideas: Sell out the Sky game, similtaniously protest on hill in as many numbers as possible. Trust organise large amounts of flags/banners with appropriate messages for those inside and out. During the game support the lads, half time loud unified chanting to be heard on Sky. Afterwards refuse to leave until Fisher agrees to accept latest ACL deal (prior to this pressure could be put on ACL to restate offer publically).

Now I accept some of these are pie in the sky, but that's the level I'd personally want for a Northampton based protest. What about you?

ccfcway

packing the hill with more people than in the ground at the Sheff utd match would have the biggest impact on tv

Skybluepiglet

I thought there were SISU people at the ground stopping any banners and flags of an anti SISU nature getting into the ground.

The best bet would be some balloons that could be blown up once in ground...or a big F*&k off beach ball with SISU OUT ..chuck it on pitch whilst game is on...

Sky coverage on Sunday (V Preston) just stated that "A Pity more fans haven't come along for this 4-4 Thriller"

Sky are sponsoring the FL..they don't care ...as David Cameron would say "We're all in it together"

But were not..it's just us Cov fans that are in it..Deep Shit and a soulless season of football.

I'm starting to think Cov are never going to be a big club in Cov ever again!...or even in Northampton!!

Thanks Joy :claping hands:

Skybluepiglet

I dunno...you can take what you like..it just depends what sort of people you have to pass by to get in ground.

You get a jobsworth and you won't be able to take anything in.

I'm only guessing but I would expect Timmy & Co to expect something on Sky TV day and will be geared up extra for it.

Hes an unpopular bloke ..but he's not stupid!

simple_simon

Lets keep it peaceful and legal.
The hill is a great focus point so has to be there, sky will see more on the hill than on pitch. I know to that to delay the game is ultimate aim, but to see a bigger crowd outside than inside is a major statement.
But either way I am there again against Colchester.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Lets keep it peaceful and legal.
Te hill is a great focus point so has to be there, sky will e more on the hill than on pitch. I know to delay game is ultimate I'm but to be a bigger crowd outside than inside is a major statement.
But either way I am there again against Colchester.

But what does it achieve? That's why I like the idea of a sit in: forces action.

Of course we'd need a tangible action for him to take...

VegetableSamosa

I still think a mass walk out would be the best bet. If we stay in the ground after, it won't be covered because the live game has finished and the cameras won't be live anymore. It might get us a 5 minute segment on Midlands Today.

However, if we all walk out when we're sure the cameras are pointing at us then it's hard to miss. The commentators will notice it too. And it can't be in the last 20mins either otherwise it just looks like the regular early leavers.

Get everyone to walk out at the same time. Maybe have several people film it and add it to the Sky footage and we have a good chance of this going viral (who will be watching on Sky anyway?). I think we could suspend NOPM for one game, it won't make a difference on this scale. But we'd need to sell the place out, maybe have the Trust put on free coaches or something to get people there and back, and have everyone leave as one.

Skybluepiglet

I still think a mass walk out would be the best bet. If we stay in the ground after, it won't be covered because the live game has finished and the cameras won't be live anymore. It might get us a 5 minute segment on Midlands Today.

However, if we all walk out when we're sure the cameras are pointing at us then it's hard to miss. The commentators will notice it too. And it can't be in the last 20mins either otherwise it just looks like the regular early leavers.

Get everyone to walk out at the same time. Maybe have several people film it and add it to the Sky footage and we have a good chance of this going viral (who will be watching on Sky anyway?). I think we could suspend NOPM for one game, it won't make a difference on this scale. But we'd need to sell the place out, maybe have the Trust put on free coaches or something to get people there and back, and have everyone leave as one.

So we all agree to walk out on 20 mins into game...Jesus..it will be 3-3 by then (this is a sixfields game remember) and everyone will be so hooked and say fuck that..I wanna watch the game :laugh:

shmmeee

What about 90 streakers, one per minute? You could paint SISU on one bum cheek and UT on the other ;)

Skybluepiglet

What about 90 streakers, one per minute? You could paint SISU on one bum cheek and UT on the other ;)

I Think my wife would deffo join in with that idea..."SISU OUT ..Joy Sepella and timothy fisher should no longer be allowed to heap misery anymore on the fans of Coventry City Football club " ....all that will fit on her fat arse!

Last edited:

simple_simon

What ever we do it has to be outside the stadium ( shed ).
If its dry we could set fire to the hill.
Can you imagine 1000 people on that hill, no one could ignore us.
However, need to also get things going before Oct 13th, be on hill v Colchester, let them see the potential of what is to come?

shmmeee

One thing I think we've misse with protests aimed at a national audience is the "fans rights" angle.

We'd get more support if we had messages about the FL not applying their rules or owners taking a club out of its community than specific "Coventry" messages.

Just a thought if a Sky protest was a thing. Harder for commentators to go against a message from "football fans" than "Coventry fans". Look at the £62 banner, it resonated with all fans, not just those at that club.

Edit: looking nationally Cardiff and Hull have had identity issues with owners before, that could be an angle. As could "who owns our club?"

Skybluepiglet

Setting fire to the hill is ridiculous...City fans would just be seen as loutish yobs.

Whatever is done needs to be a little bit leftfield.... and make people sympathise with the message and plight of the fans..something clever.

Fires on hills I would say is an alienating action..not good.

letsallsingtogether

lets do a midnight raid and paint the stadium Sky Blue.

They don't even put up Coventry signs on the turnstiles at home games it just says Northampton fans wouldn't cost much Tim could do it on A4 paper with a permanent marker if their strapped for cash. :facepalm: I can supply both if he needs it.

letsallsingtogether

Come on then ideas we already have some and things are in motion but more would be handy I can't mention them on here as it would then let them know what is coming..............

Setting fire to the hill is ridiculous...City fans would just be seen as loutish yobs.

Whatever is done needs to be a little bit leftfield.... and make people sympathise with the message and plight of the fans..something clever.

Fires on hills I would say is an alienating action..not good.

shmmeee

What about people invading the pitch with "I might be the owner" or something to make the point that we don't actually know who owns our club?

Or what about one of those things where you give each person in a stand a card to hold up that makes a massive picture? There's a website that does the cards from an image, the trust have free printing and it'd be fairly easy to get one person per row to hand them out/put them in seats.

Just brainstorming.

shmmeee

lets do a midnight raid and paint the stadium Sky Blue.

They don't even put up Coventry signs on the turnstiles at home games it just says Northampton fans wouldn't cost much Tim could do it on A4 paper with a permanent marker if their strapped for cash. :facepalm: I can supply both if he needs it.

Ill admit to the odd daydream of wrapping Sixfields in sky blue ribbon so you can't get in. :p

skybluetony176

one simple thought i did have was everyone take their own car where possible.

i was going to post nearer the time that i will have spare seats in my car if anyone wants to go from rugby but then it dawned on me why bring 1 car with 4 or 5 people in, bring 4 or 5 cars instead, as well as the ground there is a cinema and restaurants etc etc on the site. block the car parks, block the access roads and get their early to do it. if the police have to sort that mess out 1st it could add to the possibility of a delayed kick off, if the "home" team coach cant get through they will have to delay the kick off, if fishface cant get in he looses a platform for his propaganda etc etc

Grendel

What ever we do it has to be outside the stadium ( shed ).
If its dry we could set fire to the hill.
Can you imagine 1000 people on that hill, no one could ignore us.
However, need to also get things going before Oct 13th, be on hill v Colchester, let them see the potential of what is to come?

What a twat.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread