Hyam (1 Viewer)

mark82

Can't rest him at the moment unless we play one centre back. Very short of quality or even acceptable backup.

Grendel

Can't rest him at the moment unless we play one centre back. Very short of quality or even acceptable backup.

maybe not but he’s not good enough

SeaSeeEffCee

Makes me laugh how quickly everyone has turned on him. I’m sure if you went back through the ratings threads the same people now say he’s shite we’re giving him 7/8 every game at for most of the first half of the season. Saying that he’s been very poor for the last 4/5 games and clearly needs a spell out of the side.

Dellboy87

Hyam was very poor today but had the hardest job of marking joao. Personally I’d have thought we should have put fadz against him to rough him up, really don’t get him effectively playing sweeper. The ball for the sending off wasn’t great but was only a few inches from him. When everyone is fit centre halves should always be picked on the opposition and their strengths

steve101

It is a real shame because I thought he was our stand-out player along with Hamer early season. Certainly don't think should be written off but could do with a break. As has been stated though we lack any experience to replace him.

PVA

He was brilliant for the first 15 or so games but been quite poor recently.

He's played every single game so probably just needs a rest. Sadly that hasn't been possible with Rose's injury.

He'll be fine.

johnwillomagic

He is having a mare last few weeks but has still been pretty solid - in a way playing in a 4 with Fadz out may help him focus fingers crossed.

junglej13

As a few have said has been poor the last few games, tonight being the worst. Generally has made the step up very well though. He is also right footed playing on the left side which doesn't help.

Jamesimus

Makes me laugh how quickly everyone has turned on him. I’m sure if you went back through the ratings threads the same people now say he’s shite we’re giving him 7/8 every game at for most of the first half of the season. Saying that he’s been very poor for the last 4/5 games and clearly needs a spell out of the side.

It's almost as if, in other games at the beginning of the season, he wasn't as shite so people were rating him higher... weird...

SBAndy

So painfully right footed, don’t think he controlled the ball once with his left and that is concerning. Signals it’s a confidence issue.

SeaSeeEffCee

It's almost as if, in other games at the beginning of the season, he wasn't as shite so people were rating him higher... weird...
I’m not saying he hasn’t been shit, I’m talking about the people who are acting as if he’s always been shit and they’ve been saying it all season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Definitely could do with a rest but due to formation and injuries it's just not an option.

Grendel

So is o hare

he has a lot more chance of making it at this level than Hyam. He’s been one of our best players this season by some distance whereas Hyam has been the weak link in the back 3 for some time

lord_garrincha

Why are people saying Hyam needs a rest? We literally just had 10 days without a game.

Years ago... Player starts playing crap... Drop him. No complaints from anyone, especially the player... They bloody know!

Now... Player starts playing crap... He needs a rest. Some would argue it is semantics... Others would say it's total tosh!

His performances are at the level where he merits dropping. If it was in L2, he would have been by now, due to the number of CBs we had at the time... Problem is, there is no one pushing him to be replaced.

His performances won't be helped by getting an extra hour of sleep a night!

lord_garrincha

Wow are we going to assassinate every player one by one.
Whilst I don't take on comments like 'He's shit... Bin him!' or 'Robins is doing his mum... Guffaw!'

To say that a player's performances merit dropping for the good of the team is not really a case of getting a sniper out and finding a grassy knoll by St. Andrews.

The player will know, the staff will know it too but can't replace him so are probably working very hard with him on the training ground as we speak.

Frostie

I’m not saying he hasn’t been shit, I’m talking about the people who are acting as if he’s always been shit and they’ve been saying it all season.

He has been making mistakes most of the season, I & 1 or 2 others have mentioned it all along.
I actually think he's had more leeway than others due to past performances, deservedly so though you could argue.

Users who are viewing this thread