Hyam (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

ohare is a league 1 player

He's one of the only players in our squad who is clearly Championship quality, both in his footballing skills, his desire and his condition, it is no coincidence that I've listened to opposition commentary a number of times and all signal O'Hare out. Anybody who says otherwise genuinely hasn't got a clue.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

he has a lot more chance of making it at this level than Hyam. He’s been one of our best players this season by some distance whereas Hyam has been the weak link in the back 3 for some time

He does, but in this squad O'hare is one of, if not the, highest earner. He's supposed to be our creative outlet and feed the striker(s). How many assists has he made? How many goals has he got (especially considered the chances he's had)?

it might be unfair on him given that he was most successful as an impact sub in L1 to then become a key player in the Championship but he has much higher expectations on his shoulders due to those wages and he's not delivering enough. His work rate is great without question but in terms of what he's in the team to do it's not enough. That he can be considered one of our best players this season shows how much work we're going to need to do on the squad (assuming we stay up) to make any kind of impact in this division.

johnwillomagic

I would actually change things up a bit and play O'Hare wide right in a 4-4-2 against Wednesday just ahead of Dabo.
He seems to drift in Dabo's direction anyway they link up well and i actually think he would have a bit more time and influence the game more than he has managed to to date.

On the subject of Hyam I think he is a club stalwart who is a very solid defender who has served us well. I think his lack of pace combined with Fadz lack of pace may mean he is not quite at Championship level - it is a very high standard so no shame in it if that's the case. We probably need a pacier centre half in the three than we have to balance things out but it is what it is.

I actually think playing him in a 4 in a 4-4-2 would give him some focus and stability and mean a much improved display. He is still a very decent player and has served the club very well.

cc84cov

I would actually change things up a bit and play O'Hare wide right in a 4-4-2 against Wednesday just ahead of Dabo.
He seems to drift in Dabo's direction anyway they link up well and i actually think he would have a bit more time and influence the game more than he has managed to to date.

On the subject of Hyam I think he is a club stalwart who is a very solid defender who has served us well. I think his lack of pace combined with Fadz lack of pace may mean he is not quite at Championship level - it is a very high standard so no shame in it if that's the case. We probably need a pacier centre half in the three than we have to balance things out but it is what it is.

I actually think playing him in a 4 in a 4-4-2 would give him some focus and stability and mean a much improved display. He is still a very decent player and has served the club very well.
O’Hare best position is CAM play him there gets my vote

johnwillomagic

When he plays that position he ends up 90% on the right wing so may as well start him there......Giles on one wing COH on the other James and Hamer in the middle - Dabo & McCallum capable of overlapping on the wings too like the look of that at least from an attacking perspective.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

When he plays that position he ends up 90% on the right wing so may as well start him there......Giles on one wing COH on the other James and Hamer in the middle - Dabo & McCallum capable of overlapping on the wings too like the look of that at least from an attacking perspective.
1-2-3-4
Oh oh we got Matty Jamess
Oh oh Hamer in the middle
Oh oh sometimes give the ball away

Grendel

He does, but in this squad O'hare is one of, if not the, highest earner. He's supposed to be our creative outlet and feed the striker(s). How many assists has he made? How many goals has he got (especially considered the chances he's had)?

it might be unfair on him given that he was most successful as an impact sub in L1 to then become a key player in the Championship but he has much higher expectations on his shoulders due to those wages and he's not delivering enough. His work rate is great without question but in terms of what he's in the team to do it's not enough. That he can be considered one of our best players this season shows how much work we're going to need to do on the squad (assuming we stay up) to make any kind of impact in this division.

As FP says - clueless

Liquid Gold

O'Hare is one of our best players. His misses are infuriating but we'd have nothing going on past the half way line without him. His off the ball work is phenomenal and he stretches play really well.

Evo1883

I like o hare, could do with an experienced attacking midfielder playing alongside him, give him some guidance not just in training but on the pitch during matches.
We need in the future to balance the team better with more experienced players mixed in with the younger less experienced lads.
The need to develop and sell on is now surely balanced out with the recurring millions for staying in the league...
In league 1 and 2 we needed the millions every 1 or 2 seasons from a developed player being sold on...the need to stay in the championship arguibly eclipses that now

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As FP says - clueless

But no answer to the question on assists and goals - which is what we brought him in for.

You're constantly on Biamou's back about things like effort being a bare minimum, then go on about goals and add ever more caveats in like goals in the league, then goals in the Championship, your latest being goals with his head.

So going by your criteria as to minimum requirements and what a player should be doing in that position, where is CoH doing what he's supposed to be doing? Also bearing in mind he's earning more than pretty much everyone else.

Grendel

I like o hare, could do with an experienced attacking
But no answer to the question on assists and goals - which is what we brought him in for.

You're constantly on Biamou's back about things like effort being a bare minimum, then go on about goals and add ever more caveats in like goals in the league, then goals in the Championship, your latest being goals with his head.

So going by your criteria as to minimum requirements and what a player should be doing in that position, where is CoH doing what he's supposed to be doing? Also bearing in mind he's earning more than pretty much everyone else.

He was not bought in for goals. Biamou is called a centre forward so his job is goals. To have not scored a single headed goal in nearly 80 appearances is a joke. His movement is dreadful.

Assists in a bullshit stat and O Hare only gets criticised as he is the one player who is intelligent off the ball enough to lose defenders and create situations for himself.

O Hare is great on and off the ball and as FP says independent commentators often say he is our stand out player

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He was not bought in for goals. Biamou is called a centre forward so his job is goals. To have not scored a single headed goal in nearly 80 appearances is a joke. His movement is dreadful.

Assists in a bullshit stat and O Hare only gets criticised as he is the one player who is intelligent off the ball enough to lose defenders and create situations for himself.

O Hare is great on and off the ball and as FP says independent commentators often say he is our stand out player

As O'Hare wasn't brought in to score goals what was he brought in for them? Oh yes, to ASSIST the forwards to score goals. Something which he hasn't done once this season. He's actually scored more than he's created despite missing a huge amount of very easy chances. But of course you say assists is a bullshit stat. Hamer is far more effective at scoring, assisting and key passes despite playing in a deeper role. And don't point out the comparative transfer fees - O'Hare's wages negate that.

Meanwhile apparently headed goals IS a meaningful stat. So many top goalscorers that you must consider shit because they rarely, if ever, scored with their head. Also ignoring the fact we don't get the ball wide and cross into the box particularly often and try to play it along the ground.

As for Biamou being here to score goals, he has scored a couple. 2 goals in 16 games (6 starts). 1 every 391 mins.

For comparison:
Walker has 3 in 14 games (9 starts) and 825 minutes. 1 every 275 minutes. Oh, and hasn't scored a headed goal either.
Godden has 4 in 14 games (13 starts) and 1,032 minutes. 1 every 258 minutes. 1 pen (which if it were Biamou you'd say doesn't count as it's basically a free shot at goal).

So considering he's here as the third/fourth choice back-up striker he's performing as you would reasonably expect compared to the others.

I'm not against O'Hare - I think he works hard and is a decent player. What annoys me is the way you've decided you like O'Hare and so act like he does no wrong despite perfectly valid criticism of aspects of his play and pick and choose stats that support your view and dismiss perfectly relevant ones that don't. But you don't like Biamou and so will criticise him endlessly and put forward obscure stats to show it such as this current obsession with headed goals. Even if he did score one you'd claim it doesn't count for some spurious reason like because it wasn't from a winger, or the goalie was unsighted, or blinded by the sun, or the ball was affected by wind or moisture so the keeper missed it. Or again move the goalposts to he's never scored a header at home/away from a cross from the left/right.

You even said during the week when people talked about o'Hare and Ostigard's misses and how Biamou's was just as bad, even though he was having to challenge defenders for the ball. If that'd been Godden/Walker you'd have said who they'd done well to get on the end of the cross and got a header away at all. The first two were easy chances that should've been scored. Biamou's was one which would've been a good goal had it gone in.

Users who are viewing this thread