Hyam (1 Viewer)

Skybluebeliever

Must be in contention to go to the Euro’s with Scotland , ever since Scotland qualified our defence has been brilliant

Liquid Gold

He'll be in the squad eventually, clearly good enough, but I doubt he has time before the Euros. He's still only 24 though so plenty of time for him yet.

What a signing he's been though, from 4th choice in league two to club player of the season in league 1 to maintaining that high standard as a Championship player. Absolute Rolls Royce footballer.

McNulty always comes to mind as a comparative when I think about Hyam. What a reversal of fortunes they've had. McNulty was the main man here when Hyam could barely get in the team. Hyam came from Reading for nothing whereas they paid us good money for McNulty. McNulty left for Championship football too soon and now is nowhere near it, Hyam has developed at a club and become a regular there.

Mucca Mad Boys

He'll be in the squad eventually, clearly good enough, but I doubt he has time before the Euros. He's still only 24 though so plenty of time for him yet.

What a signing he's been though, from 4th choice in league two to club player of the season in league 1 to maintaining that high standard as a Championship player. Absolute Rolls Royce footballer.

McNulty always comes to mind as a comparative when I think about Hyam. What a reversal of fortunes they've had. McNulty was the main man here when Hyam could barely get in the team. Hyam came from Reading for nothing whereas they paid us good money for McNulty. McNulty left for Championship football too soon and now is nowhere near it, Hyam has developed at a club and become a regular there.

Two players at different stages of their careers.

Hyam was brought in with development in mind, and his development has been perfect. Got his foot in the door with injuries but hasn’t looked back at all. Kudos to the recruitment team!

The only bad game I’ve seen Hyam play is that 6-2 loss against Yeovil.

To be critical, he needs to add some goals to his game, he’s scored 1-2 goals from set pieces in his time with us.

A 9/10 signing for us.

Grendel

SleepyGinger

They are currently playing considine who is no better than Hyam but it’s the squad that got them there so he will stick with them.

Hertsccfc

If he carries on playing as well as he has so far this season Scotland won't be able to ignore much longer. Great player.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not only that he was in the side that beat the club who released him

SlowerThanPlatt

They are playing 3 at the back too, however it’s going to be difficult to get a sniff as 2 of the players in that back 3 play for Arsenal and Manchester United. Liam Cooper of Leeds was also on the bench

Brighton Sky Blue

They are playing 3 at the back too, however it’s going to be difficult to get a sniff as 2 of the players in that back 3 play for Arsenal and Manchester United. Liam Cooper of Leeds was also on the bench

They also have blast from the past Colin Kazim-Richards up front. Won't be bottom of the league for long if they can get a competent manager in.

Otis

Just wondering how many have now changed their minds. There is another thread too, waxing lyrical.

Not trying to have a go. Just wondering if eyes have now been opened and minds changed.

Otis

larry_david

Referred to this in the match thread. He was great at the start of the season but imo he's being let down by Robins now. He's needed a 'rest' since Xmas. Not a physical rest but taking out the first team. Rose, fadz osti all have been but not dom.

I'm not writing him off at all. He needs a break and he needs to prove he's got what it takes.

Otis

Referred to this in the match thread. He was great at the start of the season but imo he's being let down by Robins now. He's needed a 'rest' since Xmas. Not a physical rest but taking out the first team. Rose, fadz osti all have been but not dom.

I'm not writing him off at all. He needs a break and he needs to prove he's got what it takes.
He does seem to be out-muscled so easily though and his lack of pace is a major issue too.

larry_david

He does seem to be out-muscled so easily though and his lack of pace is a major issue too.
Yeah he needs someone rapid with him I think. I'd personally, based on never seeing him play there, put pask in at cb. Think he's been really unlucky and MR is right. He is energetic and he's bloody quick

lordy_87

Just wondering how many have now changed their minds. There is another thread too, waxing lyrical.

Not trying to have a go. Just wondering if eyes have now been opened and minds changed.
You can't deny he's been good this season until this recent rough patch.

Grendel

Offhegoes

Was always worried about Hyam after seeing him so badly exposed against Yeovil in league 2. He has won me over steadily, but I like a centre half who is either quick and a tough tackler or a man mountain, hard man that loves the aerial duel. He is neither. His lack of pace is starting to get badly exploited, and his distribution is questionable. I'd like a Rose/Osti partnership, with McFadz as stand-in.

stevefloyd

He does worry me when he is on the ball....I want him to get rid asap and a lot of the time his first instinct is to pass back or a suicide bsll to McCallum, I think teams are targeting him more and have spotted he is a weak link if pressed

Frostie

You can't deny he's been good this season until this recent rough patch.

He really hasn't. He's had a few decent games but looked out of his depth in most.

Made horrendous error v QPR 2nd game of season gifting them the ball but got away with it. Brentford's 2nd goal he totally lost Toney & watched ball go straight over his head. Derby he should have conceded a pen & Kazim-Richards then literally walked around him as if he wasn't there but they hit the bar when should have scored. Garth McCleary of Wycombe & plenty of others have just waltzed around him easily too.

Listen, he's been phenomenal for us until this season but this just looks a step too far.

Otis

He really hasn't. He's had a few decent games but looked out of his depth in most.

Made horrendous error v QPR 2nd game of season gifting them the ball but got away with it. Brentford's 2nd goal he totally lost Toney & watched ball go straight over his head. Derby he should have conceded a pen & Kazim-Richards then literally walked around him as if he wasn't there but they hit the bar when should have scored. Garth McCleary of Wycombe & plenty of others have just waltzed around him easily too.

Listen, he's been phenomenal for us until this season but this just looks a step too far.
That Toney one was dreadful. Like a kid trying to tackle an adult.

Evo1883

All il say on dom is , we sold him for 2.5 million didn't we ? We got a good return on a player that we ultimately had no issues replacing last year after some initial worry .

But I still wish him well , and hope he plays for Scotland for years to come

Users who are viewing this thread