Hussey (1 Viewer)

Baginton

might as well free up some wages from the oversized squad, we could easily ship out another dozen!

good move all round, good luck Hussey.

Grendel

He could possibly star for another League 1 team and come back to haunt us. Pity he couldnt be sold

Well after that York cameo some were comparing him to Gareth Bale.....

I suspect the notion footballers have to do training came as unwelcome concept after his mentor departed.

Grendel

He couldn't defend, which I've always found to be a bit of a drawback in a defender.

No defensively he was terrible. I assume he wants to go back down south so Barnet or Dagenham if he's lucky.

junglej13

Hussey is absolutely shite. Robins earned my respect by pretty much throwing him on the scrapheap from day one. Can't defend, can't attack - and can barely run. Complete oxygen thief.

Grendel

Hussey is absolutely shite. Robins earned my respect by pretty much throwing him on the scrapheap from day one. Can't defend, can't attack - and can barely run. Complete oxygen thief.

Not quite as good as Dan Fox then?

Gaz

I don't think Hussey is a bad player.
It's not his ability that's let him down.
It's more his attitude.

ccfcway

didnt he sign a three and a half year deal when he joined in Jan 2010 ?

If thats the case, then he was out of contract in June anyway. 26 weeks.

If he was on 3k a week ( a guess ?) and has been given 50% to move on, we have given him 30k or so.

Now, I am sure someone will have more accurate figures, but if giving 30k to Hussey to go, means that we can sign Adams on a free and meet our FFP wage cap, then its excellent business !

Perhaps we couldnt wait around to see if anyone would take Huseey, as it may have led to us losing out on Adams

Last edited:

skybluesloyal83

didnt he sign a three and a half year deal when he joined in Jan 2010 ?

If thats the case, then he was out of contract in June anyway. 26 weeks.

If he was on 3k a week ( a guess ?) and has been given 50% to move on, we have given him 30k or so.

Now, I am sure someone will have more accurate figures, but if giving 30k to Hussey to go, means that we can sign Adams on a free and meet our FFP wage cap, then its excellent business !

Perhaps we couldnt wait around to see if anyone would take Huseey, as it may have led to us losing out on Adams

unless Ken Deluded gave him a whopping contract extension as well when he was dishing them out to Baker and Bell

Totally the wrong decision
1. He's a decent player and we still could have utilised him
2. Now we have no cover at left back so if the Adams deal fails, we have no left back
3. Another good player gone for nothing. We could have got at least something for him. 100k at least
congrats City, you've fucked up again

skybluegod

i always was against booing him but hew shite he had the odd good game but even then he was still skinned so often.

hill83

2. Now we have no cover at left back so if the Adams deal fails, we have no left back
3. Another good player gone for nothing. We could have got at least something for him. 100k at least

Obviously not.
"Oh look, there's someone offering 100K for Hussey"
"F*ck that off, let's release him and pay off his contract instead, much better idea"

Last edited:

skybluepete1987

Delighted to see him gone, complete waste of space and a dodgy character from various rumours over the past couple of years.

Plus, I saw him at BP petrol station in Styvechale on Saturday night, he was at the cash point and just turned his head and spat on the ground as people were walking past, lovely chap.

ccfcway

100k, laughable...

no chance

We had to PAY to get rid of him, doesnt that ay something. He would have been touted around since Nov and no takers at all.

Speedo

Do you remember the post about this twat behaving like a nob in the posh lounge before a game.had a go at two fans just after slagging off robins on the mic.complete and utter tool.

hill83

All these stories of him being a bit of a bellend don't really matter. If he was good enough and still a bellend he'd still be here.

CJparker

Haha is this for real??

sw88

Chief Commentator!
congrats City, you've fecked up again

Who do you suggest would part with £100k for him? I cant think of any club that would even consider it, let alone do it!

RichieGunns

Robins seems to hold with Sir Alex's thought process.

If they challenge my authority, they are out regardless of how good they are.

I know this is true as he did a seminar on how he manages to a load of American Business students. It was in the local Metro.

It's how Fergie opperates. Look at what happened with Beckham! He is a fantastic player but the minute he had that argument with Fergie, he was gone!

It would make sense that Robins, having been under Fergie for several years both as a player and as a coach would have taken on this aspect of Fergies management skills!!

So i can only summerise that Hussey didn't take well to Robins management style and wasn't ready to let go of the pally pally Thorn management skills (or lack of!) that he had enjoyed up until Robins appointment!

ajsccfc

We should have tied him down to a long-term contract and held our nerve until Chelsea needed to replace Cole.

lordsummerisle

Don't think I'll ever get tired of this one:

"“I read comments by Danny Fox recently, who was talking about the challenge of playing at a bigger club because, with all due respect to Coventry, it is a mid-table Championship club. That’s where we are at the moment.

“Scott Dann went to Birmingham for five times what he was getting here. Would we have liked to keep hold of them? For sure, and if we had been in the play-offs at the end of last season it could have been a different ball game and they might have said they will give us another year here.

"But we have effectively replaced those players with Chris Hussey and Richard Wood, who will go on to be as good, if not better.”

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
"Defender signs Dons deal after leaving Coventry City

CHRIS Hussey is on his way back to AFC Wimbledon after having his Coventry City contract cancelled by mutual consent.
Hussey’s Sky Blues deal was terminated last night and he has wasted no time in agreeing a deal to return to Kingsmeadow subject to undergoing a medical this morning.
The full-back started his career at Woking before moving to Wimbledon in 2007 where he spent three years tearing up and down the left flank.
Impressive performances from the youngster earned him the club’s Young Player of the Year Award twice and a move to Championship outfit City.
He has fallen down the pecking order at the Ricoh Arena under Mark Robins after the Sky Blues boss brought in loanees Jamie Reckord and Blair Adams to play at left-back."

http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-sport/allsport/2013/01/10/109642-32581373/

aviles

my mate works for archer bassat and has just been to his house. Hussey wouldnt tell him who hes signing for but hes moving to wimbeldon

torchomatic

Good luck to him, I say.

Users who are viewing this thread