Hussey (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

Where have you heard this?

I never understand it when people post news like this without the source, as it inevitably leads to people like me asking where they have heard it.

EDIT: Post above, cheers mate.

ericagradus

I hope this even more indication that Blair Adams will be signing permanently, otherwise in 7 days time we are left with no recognised left back in the squad.

Mucca Mad Boys

Bit harsh, I thought we could've got something for him...

Lets hope it means we're getting a sub LB as well as Adams.

covcity4life

wow..shocked its a cancellation

but gotta be good news for finances(do mutual cancellations have compensation?) and robins

i liked hussey but oh well, we dont need players who wont play

torchomatic

Bit harsh that. I thought he was a good player. His goal against York showed what he could do. Ah well. Let's hope Adams is snapped up now.

Astute

It says we have agreed to by mutual consent. Maybe Hussey had a hissy and asked to be released. No payment due if that is the case.

Bigelvesy

Its usually cheaper to mutually terminate a contract than it is to release them on a free.
Its usually an agreed figure representing the weekly wage x length of contract minus a %
Surprised we got rid like that,
Though he has been mouthing off about leaving in january for a while and how harshly he's treated, thinks he's bigtime.
Wouldnt be surprised if robins told him his contract is being terminated rather than it being mutual! Or maybe he did something and its been kept under wraps (fall out with robins or teammate).
I like robins

torchomatic

I think he's better than that, but anyway, he's still doing what we'd all like to do for a living.

Good. Non league standard player.

Sawyer

Mutual consent means he would have went for less than what his contract would have cost, he could have agreed to leave for nothing if he has another club lined up! Harsh but I guess its best for both parties, hopefully this does mean Blair will be here full time then :D

ccfclinney

Very good move by robins for me, Hes not up to league one standard and looks very unfit.
Its good that robins is seeing the same things as us and taking actions, unlike thorn us fans used to see things he never semmed to see!

LJC_CCFC

He was a decent left back right up until the first game of this season where he just seemed to continuely boot the ball up the pitch. He's clearly a nutter as well

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think he's better than that, but anyway, he's still doing what we'd all like to do for a living.

I agree . He has the potential to be a very good player but i think his attitude lets him down! Far too negative! Makes you wonder how he had so many relatively good games user Thorn, while most others didnt, yet when Robins came in, everyone else upped their game apart from Hussey who I think went backwards!

His crossing ability is very good, and last season probably one of the best we had!

Shame!

He really is your stereotypical footballer off the pitch though (well thats the impression i get), who is far too up themselves to notice their not actually as good as they believe!

I think he will end up back at AFC Wimbledon, or somewhere in that region anyway!

Big_Ben

Mutual consent means he would have went for less than what his contract would have cost, he could have agreed to leave for nothing if he has another club lined up! Harsh but I guess its best for both parties, hopefully this does mean Blair will be here full time then :D

Generally, the mutual consent normally implies a formal Compromise Agreement, whereby the employer agrees to buy the remainder of the notice period at an agreed price, allowing the employee to leave immediately, and in return, the employee agrees to waive any legal action against the employer (usually for unfair dismissal, etc).

In other words, Here's some cash - now bugger off and don't come back.

dongonzalos

Didn't mind him as cover, however if Robins does not intend to play him at all. Then this us the way forward.

The same should happen with Rod and a couple of others.

ampthill_sba

I liked Hussey...he was so dependent on confidence though that he's become a liability...good decision to release him. I think he'll struggle to get back into any team tbh

WillieStanley

Hussey was the only player publicly outraged by Thorns dismissal. I think that says a lot about his character.

I's a shame because he really has got a lot of potential and I was sure he was beginning to realise it last season.

skybluegod

So basically he has been sacked? Do we have to pay him off and why can't we do this with Malaga?

we can do it with malaga only if he agrees but it depends if he's in it for the money or the football.

Yeah he's been sacked but we would have to pay him like 10k

skybluegod

Hussey was the only player publicly outraged by Thorns dismissal. I think that says a lot about his character.

I's a shame because he really has got a lot of potential and I was sure he was beginning to realise it last season.

No he wasn't? baker posted on fb about it as well. and how they should have given him more time .........

Users who are viewing this thread