Hussey (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Good luck to him - never quite good enough on a consistent basis in Championship or even League 1. League 2 is probably the right level for him. Hope we can sort out Blair Adams on permanent basis as he is a far better player and if both are frees and wages similar then that's a good bit of business.

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree.

I'm still pleased he's gone. Stubbornly persisted with by Thorn and part of the reason we were shit last season and shit at the beginning of this season.

Tbf, we didn't have a better option...

hill83

Tbf, we didn't have a better option...

Can't argue with that. But there was easily better options out there than putting all of our faith in an unproven non league player.

I'm probably being too harsh, he did start brightly to be fair to him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I am confused here, Hussey reckons he could have have gone to a league 1 club in his interview. Why cancel the contract then if other teams were interested?

What is the difference between cancelling the contract opposed to just letting Hussey join Wimbledon on a free transfer? Hasn't it cost the club more money to cancel his contract?

ccfcway

I am confused here, Hussey reckons he could have have gone to a league 1 club in his interview. Why cancel the contract then if other teams were interested?

What is the difference between cancelling the contract opposed to just letting Hussey join Wimbledon on a free transfer? Hasn't it cost the club more money to cancel his contract?

I'd suggest that AFC Wimbledon dont have a pot to p1ss in and that Hussey would have wanted a "signing on fee". As a result, us "cancelling his contract early means he has some MORE money in his pocket and signed for AFC without a signing on fee.

Just a guess mind.

ajsccfc

If they've mutually agreed to cancel and he's immediately gone to Wimbledon it may even be the equivalent of a free transfer, just without the two clubs having to do the paperwork involved (I'm assuming it's a pile of administrative timewasting).

Users who are viewing this thread