Hussey off?? (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

Looks like Lynch (Thank you for your updates) is correct about Robins opinion of Hussey.

Reading between the lines on Hussey's latest tweet/facebook post... the boy is off somewhere.

"I'll be @ were I'm @. Everything happens for a reason.....!"

Nonleagueherewecome

He's one of my favourite players who doesn't deserve the treatment he's had-neither from the fans, or from Robins.

skybluegod

i doubt we will sell him as he's the only LB we own reckford is only on loan and kilbane is not a proper LB

Nonleagueherewecome

How do you know he doesn't deserve his treatment from Robins?

I don't think any player deserves to be told "you're listed, you aren't in my plans" after one training session. Assuming Lynch's source is correct, that is.

coop

He might be the one coursing all the shit.you never no he might be a right pain in the arse.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't think any player deserves to be told "you're listed, you aren't in my plans" after one training session. Assuming Lynch's source is correct, that is.

I agree with your previous post (about not deserving the treatment he's had, as I think he ent that bad!)

BUT, Robins was talking about positivity at the club and if Hussey is being a negative moody so and so, and disrputing the team, he deserves to be shown the door.

Astute

We have decent players for the division we are in. Games like last night prove this. There are things wrong with our club. We have a new manager that looks as though he knows some of the problems already. It is his job to sort out the problems as much as he can. If it means getting rid of players that are doing us more harm than good then so be it. The rest of the players would soon get the message.

Sky Blues

If Hussey did not want to be at CCFC - and IIRC there was some speculation this summer he wanted to go - can you blame Robins if he takes a view that he only wants players that are fully committed to the Sky Blue shirt? I have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes beyond what we've heard about him not being in Robins's plans. Have you heard more NLHWC?

He has a style and has made judgement over more than one training session for sure. What about all the VT of games and other stuff he now has access to?

TheHellion

He has a style and has made judgement over more than one training session for sure. What about all the VT of games and other stuff he now has access to?

Here's a theory. Maybe if Robins knew he was in the frame for the job, he scouted some of our matches over the last few weeks, to see what he may have had to work with? If I knew I was in the running for the managers job at a club, I'd be doing things like that for certain.

Nonleagueherewecome

But nobody knows that he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room. It's all based on hearsay and not anything concrete. His reputation with the Wimbledon fans is very much the opposite to that with us-they see him as a model pro who has worked bloody hard to get to where he has in the game.

As for Robins and VT-well if he's written him off based on a couple of bad games where he was being treated like crap by his own fans, I still completely disagree with him. I rate Hussey, and don't think he's been worse than the likes of Wood and McSheffrey. He doesn't deserved to be made a scapegoat.

Sky Blues

But nobody knows that he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room. It's all based on hearsay and not anything concrete. His reputation with the Wimbledon fans is very much the opposite to that with us-they see him as a model pro who has worked bloody hard to get to where he has in the game.

As for Robins and VT-well if he's written him off based on a couple of bad games where he was being treated like crap by his own fans, I still completely disagree with him. I rate Hussey, and don't think he's been worse than the likes of Wood and McSheffrey. He doesn't deserved to be made a scapegoat.

I didn't say he was being a disruptive influence, I just flagged up that there could be other factors at play and therefore without such knowledge it would be wrong, in my opinion, to blame Robins anymore than it would be to blame Hussey.

Otis

But nobody knows that he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room. It's all based on hearsay and not anything concrete.

By the same token though nobody knows that the player has been told "you're listed, you aren't in my plans" after one training session."

Do they?

Robbins said one of the first things he wanted to do was to see who wanted to play for the shirt.

torchomatic

Disagree with that. If you think he isn't up to the mark then fair enough, but to say he isn't trying would be false, I think. If that's the case then none of them have been trying for a quarter of a century.

bottom line is that everytime i see him play he clearly isnt trying

Otis

He's got that style of play I feel that makes him look like he isn't trying sometimes, so I guess it is easy to make that mistake.

covboy9

he does have ability, but doesnt make the best of it, when i first saw him he was really up for it, last 5 or 6 games ive seen he hasnt tried its easy to spot on his heels and ball watching

Nick

Administrator
Personally I don't think he is that bad. If he had a bit of a better cross he would be lethal as he does get forward and beat his man and get a cross in.

If he was to play right back he could possibly cut in and have a shot but his right foot is terrible.

I don't think it is fair most of the stick he gets, especially when Mr Coventry is probably earning about 4 times as much as him and barely breaks into a sweat.

@richh87

I think what we can all agree on is that Hussey is a confidence player. When you're in a slump you can't count on players with such mental weaknesses.

For this reason I could understand Robins not wanting him around.

PVA

Reckord looked great last night and had Walcott in his pocket. I like Hussey but Walcott would have destroyed him.

mexico88

We don't need people airing their dirty laundry to gossip hungry fans for a bit of attention. We need professionals. Even if I thought he was good (which I don't), this would make me frown. Very immature - much like his game play.

chem90

Fair play Mark Robins. Comes in, grabs the bull by the horns and begins to clear out the shit and replace the dead wood. Everyone on here moans how shit he is, now we could be getting shot of him, all of a sudden we're scared of change and he's "a confidence player". Get rid, he's below the already low standard of our squad.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I think some of Hussey's negative attitude (if this is indeed what's going on) then some of the blame lies with us. He is needlessly boo'd if he attacks and loses the ball, then boo'd if he doesn't attack. However whatever the reason, if the attitude is causing a problem then he's gotta go!

dongonzalos

Against Tranmere. Hussey made a tackle the ref blew for a free kick. The crowd who had been getting in his back groaned.
Hussey started shouting to himself about the injustice. Behind him Tranmere players took up positions in the box. Cov got marking man to man. Apart from the bloke hussey was supposed to be marking. He was stood at the front post on his own.

The ball was chipped over hussey's head. Free header for his man who luckily missed.

Hussey is a confidence player, unfortunately some of our fans cut of their noses to spit their face and destroy his confidence.

However he does not concentrate and if robins was aware if this incident. If him weighs him up he will think player with low confidence and concentration, off.
It's a real shame as he had bags of ability.

Users who are viewing this thread