Match Thread Hull (A) Friday 15th September (4 Viewers)

SleepyGinger

Jamaica play Wednesday, will Palmer and Lati be available?

Happy_Martian

Extremely unlikely. Kingston to London is about 4,500 miles and around 9hrs flight time.

Jamaica is 5 hrs behind the UK and game time is 1am Wednesday GMT. So assuming they don't catch the first flight out, they wouldn't be expected to leave until later on Wednesday and arrive in the UK sometime early on Thursday. And not taking into account jet lag, playing with just one days rest isn't ideal for professional athletes.

Ashdown

On SKY ?
We should still be able to put a decent team out. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster.
Godden to score again ?

shmmeee

Assuming Palmer and Lats are good for nothing but filling out the bench:

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Kitching
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Ayari
Simms Wright

S: Collins, Binks, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Kelly, Godden, Obikwu, Palmer, Latibeaudiere

Ccfcisparks

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Kitching
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Ayari
Simms Wright

S: Collins, Binks, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Kelly, Godden, Obikwu, Palmer, Latibeaudiere
I'll be honest, people know my previous thoughts on Godden but I'm not sure you can drop him the form he's in.

Happy_Martian

Can't see Ayari starting, I think it's more likely to be Sakamoto again in Palmer's absence. I'm just thinking about Robins' comments on his workrate or lack of.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

(y) I would like to see more of Tats in an attacking position. I know he's been bought as a right sided defender/midfielder but I think with his ability while on the ball, I can see him causing Hull some problems in the middle of the park.

ccfc1234

On SKY ?
We should still be able to put a decent team out. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster.
Godden to score again ?
If we got a point each time people (not specifically you) would 'take a draw' we would finish in mid table. We need to create an expectation of winning. It breeds confidence and without players expecting themselves to win most games, they likely won't. A winners mentality can make teams more successful than the sum of their parts.

CV3SkyBlue

Hopefully Tats plays in the 10 role for this game since Kasey won't be back and I doubt Ayari will start, think I'm the only one who actually liked him play there against Swansea.

Last edited:

robbiekeane

Extremely unlikely. Kingston to London is about 4,500 miles and around 9hrs flight time.

Jamaica is 5 hrs behind the UK and game time is 1am Wednesday GMT. So assuming they don't catch the first flight out, they wouldn't be expected to leave until later on Wednesday and arrive in the UK sometime early on Thursday. And not taking into account jet lag, playing with just one days rest isn't ideal for professional athletes.
I flew to Wembley for the playoff final from Melbourne and was expected to be on the piss immediately! And what did I do I sucked it up and got on with it cause I’m a professional

Happy_Martian

Why are we playing on a Friday night when we are not on Sky?

As has previously been said, Hull have had to move the game due to a conflict with their Rugby team playing on the Saturday. We had similar changes when Wasps wanted to play on the same day but we often went for Sunday lunchtime kickoffs.

"The match has been moved forward one day due to a Rugby League fixture taking place on the Saturday."

Happy_Martian

I flew to Wembley for the playoff final from Melbourne and was expected to be on the piss immediately! And what did I do I sucked it up and got on with it cause I’m a professional

Robbie, your commitment to your art is beyond comparison and puts the paltry efforts of professional footballers to shame :ROFLMAO:

Boicey

I bet you were given a week off by the boss when you got back.

fatso

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Kitching
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Ayari
Simms Wright

Why have you dropped our best striker and top scorer? Have you already conceded the game?

shmmeee

Why have you dropped our best striker and top scorer? Have you already conceded the game?

Think we’ll have less of the play and Simms is better defensively and has more pace. Godden has played every minute of every game. He can have a rest for an hour.

fatso

You Sir are a true hero! I salute you.

Attachments

• salute-point.gif
    salute-point.gif
    270.9 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread