Huge endorsement for Shaw on Talk Sport (1 Viewer)

theprince

Award winning Journalist Mike Calvin gave a big endorsement regards Richard Shaw on the Keys/Gray slot on Talk Sport at about 10.50am. Apart from being a reporter he is a Millwall fan and said he had spoken to Shaw many times during his period there and has high regard for him as a football person and in his opinion has what it takes to make a good manager. Said he was reserve team manager there and was always taking players aside to try and improve them and was held with high regerd by the players.

skyblueman

He had 1 pre-season and 4 games with Thorn! Hardly biding his time!

My point is he was part of the set-up that did for Thorn - if Thorn was judged on that he had Shaw with him - ok we've had one good game - that's not enough top make a decision on Shaw -same as 4 games for AT wasn't enough - Shaw may well be brilliant but we would need to see a dozen games before we could make a call on him as permanent replacement - SISU haven't got the patience for that - that much is now obvious

skyblueirish

i always thought it would be Shaw due to SSISU trying to save money. I think he could be quite good but we all got burned with Thorn when he got some initial success

kg82

My point is he was part of the set-up that did for Thorn - if Thorn was judged on that he had Shaw with him - ok we've had one good game - that's not enough top make a decision on Shaw -same as 4 games for AT wasn't enough - Shaw may well be brilliant but we would need to see a dozen games before we could make a call on him as permanent replacement - SISU haven't got the patience for that - that much is now obvious

Huh? I wasn't commenting on Shaw's ability as manager. I'm with you that he'd need more games to prove himself. But your original comment sounded like a conspiracy theory to the sacking of Thorn!

skyblueman

i always thought it would be Shaw due to SSISU trying to save money. I think he could be quite good but we all got burned with Thorn when he got some initial success

Axing Thorn so quickly showed us a little of SISU's mind - they are looking at continuing big losses in this league which they won't want to fund - we have sold everyone we can for now- they HAVE to get us back up or it will continue to cost Millions a year to fund - I'm convinced they are spinning the dice one last time and that doesn't mean they will run to the end of the season whatever happens

If it looks like we won't make the play-offs at least then they might give up and write it off - that's why they acted so fast and that's why they won't give Shaw a chance - much as he might well deserve it

SkyBlueScottie

I guess the journo is basing it on at his time Millwall and not the pre season + 4 games here.....

pusbccfc

Yeah heard it as well. Basically telling us to give him the job asap.

ggrady

Just do a Chelsea and keep him as caretaker ;) worked for di mateo so if guardiola doesnt fancy the challenge give it shaw ;)

sky_blue_up_north

He has had one game in charge, yes we won. Lets wait and see what happens at Crewe and Burton games... if we lose one of those everything will change again. You know its true!!

fernandopartridge

Thorn wasn't sacked for the 4 games this season.

shaw was sacked as milwall asistant so he couldnt have been that good, if the new man wants to keep shaw and carsley on thats up to him but lets forget this shaw bandwagon

Otis

I believe he was you know - I think SISU have just panicked

He was sacked because Fisher could see the same pattern as last year emerging.

I can't believe for a single second that it was just because of the games this season.

skyblueman

He was sacked because Fisher could see the same pattern as last year emerging.

I can't believe for a single second that it was just because of the games this season.

If Fisher had a good handle on all this AT would have been gone long ago last season - it was obvious then it wasn't working albeit with the constraints on AT - I think he is under MASSIVE pressure from SISU and just cannot afford to let results slip for even a few games - timing of the sacking just doesn't make sense - YES AT was sacked because of last season BUT he was given another go and YES I agree Fisher could see the same pattern - so YES he was sacked because of these few games or else he would have been out

hill83

Fisher could see what many people were saying, he did not panic.
Also I can't find anything saying the Shaw was sacked.

Otis

If Fisher had a good handle on all this AT would have been gone long ago last season - it was obvious then it wasn't working albeit with the constraints on AT - I think he is under MASSIVE pressure from SISU and just cannot afford to let results slip for even a few games - timing of the sacking just doesn't make sense - YES AT was sacked because of last season BUT he was given another go and YES I agree Fisher could see the same pattern - so YES he was sacked because of these few games or else he would have been out

But it wasn't just that was it. Been a number of posts on here about off the field altercations. Whatever has happened I don't know, but it seems there was something else going on too.

skybluedaze

Award winning Journalist Mike Calvin gave a big endorsement regards Richard Shaw on the Keys/Gray slot on Talk Sport at about 10.50am. Apart from being a reporter he is a Millwall fan and said he had spoken to Shaw many times during his period there and has high regard for him as a football person and in his opinion has what it takes to make a good manager. Said he was reserve team manager there and was always taking players aside to try and improve them and was held with high regerd by the players.

I actually heard this. The guy couldn't praise Richard Shaw highly enough. He must be worth a chance. If the club DO choose someone else i hope they keep him at the club.

skyblueman

But it wasn't just that was it. Been a number of posts on here about off the field altercations. Whatever has happened I don't know, but it seems there was something else going on too.

Fair point - would make a lot more sense of all of this - the timing I mean - if it were down to some other issues we are not party to - I could then understand why we was fired so early on in the new season after being given the go ahead to build a new squad

craigSKYBLUE

I think Andy thorn was stubborn.don't think he'd of taken much off Shaw or carsley anyway

Astute

A lot of assistants lose their job when another manager comes in as they want their own backroom staff in. Was this the case?

Sick Boy

Yes. Until you can show me a direct quote, I am sure.

Fair enough, believe what you want.

I know quite a few Millwall lads, they told me at the time something went on between him and KJ and he was sacked.

Otis

Careful or you might be accused of being a Shaw lover

Would be a Shaw Shagger.

Those opposed would be the Anti-Dreadlock Brigade.

If you're pro Carsley you're a Baldist.

Users who are viewing this thread