Match Thread Huddersfield (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

An ok point in the end, but I really fear for us Saturday. With a potential midfield 2 of Sheaf and Shipley where is the bite going to come from? Might have to go 2 up front and bypass the midfield, we can’t play the way we do without Kelly and Hamer.

Totally agree. Bannan aside (and he's been playing poorly) midfield is also Wednesday's weakest area, so playing long in the absence of Kelly/Hamer (and down the wings) may be the way to go. Interesting to see how we line up (particularly as they will have had an extra day's rest)

Skyblueweeman

Other than Brentford, we're the only team not have lost in the last 5 games. Decent that.

On the other hand, Huddersfield only one of 8 teams to win 3 of their last 5 games.

Going to be a tight 1-1 I reckon.

Almost correct.

Couldn't watch the game last night or keep track on here. On paper, another point and still unbeaten in 8.

What was the performance like...deserved point?

Disgruntled Sky Blue

I agree we should be looking up. I will admit though I do take an occasional glance over my shoulder

"Occasional"??
It's been great over the last few seasons to start at the top of the table and work my way down a few teams. However, the Div 1/Prem days are haunting me again where I start looking from the bottom, nervously working my way up slowly, praying the dotted line comes before Coventry City!!

We're in a good position considering what we have had to deal with. Saturday could be a worry but I think we will find away to get a result.

higgs

Almost correct.

Couldn't watch the game last night or keep track on here. On paper, another point and still unbeaten in 8.

Not much between both teams cancelled each other game of few chances could have won it at the end could have lost it at the end a draw a fair result over the 90 mins

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Monners

Almost correct.

Deserved point in a tight game. They had a clear chance in the first half and Wilson made a couple of good saves.
We had a decent chance in the first half, and almost scored near the end.

It all got a bit scrappy in the second half. Also, Hamer picked up an unfair booking so is now suspended for Saturday.

Onwards and upwards though.

Last edited:

cov donkey kick

Enjoyed the game in a perverse sort of way and thought it would be 0~0 there a good side tbf for city a killer hamer getting booked.
Think pask can play defensive midfield and maybe that would keep a midfield enforcer in pask might help. Also would start 2 strikers v sheff we'd.

Hutch11

Hamer getting booked is unfortunate but if he had to miss a game then Saturday would be it.
Wednesday are a traditional big club but they're far from that at the moment and are beatable even without our midfield maestro.
Kelly out too is a concern but I still fancy us to get something.

There again I thought we'd loose last night so what do I know

Mucca Mad Boys

Thing is it was said that December was a kind month of fixtures. I know we’ve not lost in a while but I’d be a bit more comfortable with winning more. Really could’ve done with it after Derby and Forest results. Maybe I’m just deflated after watching that cracker of a match.

We picked up another point and kept up some momentum. That is only a good thing.

We battling with injuries to key players and we’re unbeaten in 8 games and building a decent cushion from the relegation zone in the process.

As we seen with last season, our fan base as a whole is paranoid that we’ll find a way to mess things up.

Keep calm, and trust in Mark Robins.

PVA

Point and a clean sheet, can't grumble. Huddersfield are a decent side.

Giles did more offensively in 2 minutes than Allen did in 90.

The Philosopher

slept on it woke up happy with the point and clean sheet,we’re gonna need another cdm in jan tho

Agree on this.

Kelly coming back in has shown where we were previously weak. Hamer kinda covers the position but Sheaf doesn’t have that “commanding” aspect to his play.

Whether the formidable tank of Dabo could fill that role (put McCallum at RWB, Giles LWB) is perhaps a solution whilst Hamer is banned and Kelly out is worth a coat of thinking about.

There are some on here that think
Sheaf & Allen are the answer. WTF the question is for Sheaf & Allen to be the answer does trouble me.

Alex1987

Only criticism last night is felt like we should have made changes earlier. What would have been wrong with:
Giles for Macallum
DaCosta for Dabo
Shipley for O Hare

after 65-70 mins.

Also, like the guy but O'Hare really needs to improve his ball retention. Too often he miscontrols to ball at the moment.

shmmeee

Only criticism last night is felt like we should have made changes earlier. What would have been wrong with:
Giles for Macallum
DaCosta for Dabo
Shipley for O Hare

after 65-70 mins.

Also, like the guy but O'Hare really needs to improve his ball retention. Too often he miscontrols to ball at the moment.

We’d have got torn apart if we did Giles for McCallum. McCallum did really well against probably their biggest threat.

Agree Dabo should’ve come off earlier. He was having a mare.

Mucca Mad Boys

Based on my opinion, we were the home team and should have tried to win a game against another struggling team.

We nearly won the game in the second half... Against a struggling team above us in the table, and with similar form to ourselves.

Before our unbeaten run, we had the most charitable defence in league and it wasn’t sustainable. Thankfully, we’ve addressed that.

tigersb

Hope Kelly is back soon as we definitely missed him last night
Think Callum needs a break,at the moment his second touch is usually a tackle

Mucca Mad Boys

Thought Huddersfield looked one of the better sides we’ve played TBH. Not top six level but better than Brum, Luton, Cardiff who are all around that level in the league.

0-0 was about right. Either side could’ve won 1-0 without much complaint as well.

They really should’ve scored that absolute sitter, equally, our chance bounced fortunately for their defender.

Too many fans demand too much. We’re 6 points above the relegation zone and im happy with that.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dull game.

Annoyed about the late subs again - not enough time to affect the game, nor long enough to rest the player subbed in a hectic schedule.

Really frustrated Hamer picked up that late card. Allied to Kelly's long-term absence we're going to be very short on quality in midfield against Wednesday. Sheaf will be the most regular starter available.

RegTheDonk

I actually took some heart from this because, to my uneducated eyes, Huddersfield looked a decent team and we try to play the same way ... keeping posession from the keeper up, quick passing along the ground, but using the long ball when someone gets in space. Thought we did well to keep a clean sheet, thanks to our lads keeping tight but also a couple of great stops by Wilson. He's taking his chance and will give MR a headache. Real shame about Hamar, wasn't as if he got a yellow because of his temper, just a tad ulnucky. Hopefully won't miss him too much vs Wednesday but seems he'll be available for Stoke?

Offhegoes

Thought Biamou's introduction made us like livelier, although Walker did OK. Giles looks so dangerous, I'd like Robins to find a position in the Starting 11 for him, even if it's in an attacking midfield position. I think this will be our season though, setting up not to lose, nicking the odd win away from home, and there will be plenty more 0-0's at home. Can't help feel we are better than that, but safety first I guess

Johhny Blue

"Occasional"??
It's been great over the last few seasons to start at the top of the table and work my way down a few teams. However, the Div 1/Prem days are haunting me again where I start looking from the bottom, nervously working my way up slowly, praying the dotted line comes before Coventry City!!

We're in a good position considering what we have had to deal with. Saturday could be a worry but I think we will find away to get a result.

I suppose my glass is just a little fuller than yours

D

Deleted member 2477

Based on my opinion, we were the home team and should have tried to win a game against another struggling team.
They are hardly a struggling team. Solid mid table team who had a number of players who were in the prem two seasons a go with them. When they were in the prem we were in league 2 and yet despite the team and Robins doing a fantastic job of getting into the championship some people still think we should be a top table championship side

Users who are viewing this thread