Match Thread Huddersfield (4 Viewers)

the rumpo kid

They are hardly a struggling team. Solid mid table team who had a number of players who were in the prem two seasons a go with them. When they were in the prem we were in league 2 and yet despite the team and Robins doing a fantastic job of getting into the championship some people still think we should be a top table championship side
Well I don't think we should be top of the championship, and I do think robins has done a remarkable job at city, but Huddersfield were poor and there passing , especially a cross the back was particularly bad even with one up front and not pressing them to hard they made mistake after mistake.

BornSlippySkyBlue

They've got goal-line tech in the Championship anyway so it definitely didn't
When you say “definitely”...

Although personally I didn’t think it was over and the pic above is inconclusive. Max would’ve gone mad if it was over anyway.

fatso

I think you're slightly over estimating us, under no circumstances are Huddersfield a shit team, and were not exactly promotion candidates ourselves, frankly credit to the lads that they have hit an 8 game unbeaten run. In the Championship, thats phenominal.
I'm not complaining about the un beaten run, long may it continue, but at some point we have to target games to take 3 points from, and Huddersfield at home has to be one of those games.
If we had gone for the win and ended up with a point, that would be acceptable. But to play 90 minutes without even looking to put them under any kind of pressure is totally rediculous. Even with 15 or 20 minutes to go we could of had a go.
But no, we meekly limp to a boring 0-0.
Thank god we didnt have to see it in person.

SeaSeeEffCee

When you say “definitely”...

Although personally I didn’t think it was over and the pic above is inconclusive. Max would’ve gone mad if it was over anyway.
As far as I'm aware that's the only time it's ever gotten a decision wrong and it was due to the random chance that all of the cameras used were obscured. That's wasn't the case last night so I'd be very confident it didn't go in.

Londonccfcfan

Looks like it did, I can’t understand why there was no one else following up they must have seen Dabo getting goal side ready to cross there was no one near Max.
One of the drawbacks of playing one up top.

If you remember how there were 2 strikers scrambling for the ball vs Norwich away last minute. Inside the 6 yard box.

And vs Derby same.

BornSlippySkyBlue

As far as I'm aware that's the only time it's ever gotten a decision wrong and it was due to the random chance that all of the cameras used were obscured. That's wasn't the case last night so I'd be very confident it didn't go in.
Yeah, realise it was an unusual set of circumstances, but shows the tech is not infallible. Do agree it didn’t cross the line.

Johhny Blue

Pleas don’t let Grendel find out that the camera view was blocked by Biamou’s nuts

Brighton Sky Blue

With the squad we have available and this is a genuine question, who or what do you think we could have done to go for the win?

I think 5-3-2 or some variant of that is our ‘go for the win’ side but I didn’t think it was necessary to do that on Wednesday. Biamou offered more in the lone striker role than Walker so that sub made sense, the latter seems to be a poacher who does best feeding off chances with a strike partner.

Tomorrow I think we’ll see 2 up top because of the numbers we’re missing in midfield

Users who are viewing this thread