Match Thread Huddersfield (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Other than Brentford, we're the only team not have lost in the last 5 games. Decent that.

On the other hand, Huddersfield only one of 8 teams to win 3 of their last 5 games.

Going to be a tight 1-1 I reckon.
And Derby ?

the rumpo kid

Just looking on the Huddersfield board, they have an old match of the day from 1967 on there , ( city 1 hudds 0) attendance 29,600+ including a party of young supporter from Dudley who had walked the 30 miles to Highfield road starting off at midnight Friday night. :D

David O'Day

Wilson/Camp (is almost costing us 3 points on Saturday enough for Wilson to lose his place)

Osti
McFadz
Hyam (Remember when Grenners tried to make him his new boo boy)

Dabo
McCallum

Sheaf
Hamer

O'Hare

Biamou
Walker

2-1 City

Johnnythespider

Just looking on the Huddersfield board, they have an old match of the day from 1967 on there , ( city 1 hudds 0) attendance 29,600+ including a party of young supporter from Dudley who had walked the 30 miles to Highfield road starting off at midnight Friday night. :D
What time did they get home ?

Reactions: Sky

Frostie

Wilson/Camp (is almost costing us 3 points on Saturday enough for Wilson to lose his place)

Osti
McFadz

Dabo
McCallum

Sheaf
Hamer

O'Hare

Biamou
Walker

2-1 City

No chance on Camp.

In fairness to @Grendel on Hyam I don't think he tried to make him a boo boy, he raised a valid concern that he would be exposed at this level & tbf whilst he has generally been solid he has been beaten far too easily on more than one occasion.

David O'Day

No chance on Camp.

In fairness to @Grendel on Hyam I don't think he tried to make him a boo boy, he raised a valid concern that he would be exposed at this level & tbf whilst he has generally been solid he has been beaten far too easily on more than one occasion.

bollocks, he tried to make him his latest little target. He also did it after a game Hyam played well in.

Brighton Sky Blue

No chance on Camp.

Funny he wasn’t called Mr Clueless Negative for that despite being both when it came to Hyam

Briles

No chance on Camp.

To be honest, Hyam has been very good this season. Good on the ball, no slouch and a calming presence next to Fadz who has the tendency to be rash, but who has also been excellent. Individually our defence has been top notch. A lot of our goals condeded have actually been the fault of the midfield giving the ball away. Its crazy how many goals we have conceded given the invididual peformances. We do miss marosi as part of that unit.

Magwitch

Osti
McFadz

Dabo
McCallum

Sheaf
Hamer

O'Hare

Biamou
Walker

2-1 City
Two points, what about Hamer missing that 50+ yard open.
No chance on Camp.

How would he have been exposed ?

lifeskyblue

A win would be excellent. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster.
Can see us being a little more expansive in this one. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Giles start. Important that Hamer remains disciplined and doesn’t pick up a soft booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie

How would he have been exposed ?

He's almost always the slowest defender to push out playing teams onside & has been easily beaten when defending 1 on 1 at times. Look at the Derby chance which hit the bar, Kazim-Richards walked round him as if he wasn't there & McCleary did the same for Wycombe on Saturday.
Also Wilson (rightly) took some criticism for the corner which flashed across goal on Saturday but Hyam could easily have headed it before but totally misjudged it.

Just to be clear, I think he's doing ok given the step up a level & looks the only CB remotely confident on his weaker side but just think many have slightly rose tinted specs to his flaws, certainly moreso than other players.
McFadzean is often labelled as error prone on here but has actually been our most consistent CB this season.

SkyblueTexan

Heard Dacosta and Hillsner played for the U23s yesterday and that Hiillsner scored a 25 yard screamer from a free kick. Maybe worth having them on the bench against Huddersfield as impact subs.

Frostie

Heard Dacosta and Hillsner played for the U23s yesterday and that Hiillsner scored a 25 yard screamer from a free kick. Maybe worth having them on the bench against Huddersfield as impact subs.

Dacosta was withdrawn at half-time & will be on the bench, as he has been for the last couple, same with Kastaneer.
Too soon for Hilßner but he played the full 90 yesterday which is encouraging

Ccfcisparks

By the end of play tonight we could either be sat in 14th 11 points clear of relegation, or in 19th, 5 points off relegation. Lets get 3 points lads and keep plugging away!

clint van damme

By the end of play tonight we could either be sat in 14th 11 points clear of relegation, or in 19th, 5 points off relegation. Lets get 3 points lads and keep plugging away!

it's tomorrow mate.
Did the same thing myself when we played Forest, got sat down and fired up the TV only to find out I had the wrong night!

PVA

I think Giles will come in for McCallum, and Biamou in for Shipley.

Does anyone know if the Sky coverage is proper, full coverage? Or is it the usual midweek coverage in SD and with no replays? The fact it's not on the red button would suggest it's proper coverage, but they are also showing Reading v Norwich and thought that might get the full coverage over us.

fernandopartridge

He's almost always the slowest defender to push out playing teams onside & has been easily beaten when defending 1 on 1 at times. Look at the Derby chance which hit the bar, Kazim-Richards walked round him as if he wasn't there & McCleary did the same for Wycombe on Saturday.
Also Wilson (rightly) took some criticism for the corner which flashed across goal on Saturday but Hyam could easily have headed it before but totally misjudged it.

Just to be clear, I think he's doing ok given the step up a level & looks the only CB remotely confident on his weaker side but just think many have slightly rose tinted specs to his flaws, certainly moreso than other players.
McFadzean is often labelled as error prone on here but has actually been our most consistent CB this season.

Agreed, had to laugh when i read somebody referring to him as a 'Rolls Royce'.

SkyblueTexan

Dacosta was withdrawn at half-time & will be on the bench, as he has been for the last couple, same with Kastaneer.
Too soon for Hilßner but he played the full 90 yesterday which is encouraging
Yes encouraging news about Hillsner. Maybe we can nick it 1-0 in stoppage time with Kastaneer sliding it in from the halfway line.

RegiswasGod

I think Giles will come in for McCallum, and Biamou in for Shipley.

Does anyone know if the Sky coverage is proper, full coverage? Or is it the usual midweek coverage in SD and with no replays? The fact it's not on the red button would suggest it's proper coverage, but they are also showing Reading v Norwich and thought that might get the full coverage over us.

It's proper coverage. They're showing both

shmmeee

Been very impressed with McFadz.

I’d make a new CB or two priority in the summer (I’d be trying to sign Østigård as one), but would expect Fadz to challenge. Hyam is OK but I think to play three at the back at this level we need more quality. I feel the same way about the AM position and Marosi. They’re OK, but near the front of the line in terms of needing to be upgraded to get us to that next level.

Will be interesting when Rose is fit to see who if anyone drops out the team.

Colin Steins Smile

Been very impressed with McFadz.

I’d make a new CB or two priority in the summer (I’d be trying to sign Østigård as one), but would expect Fadz to challenge. Hyam is OK but I think to play three at the back at this level we need more quality. I feel the same way about the AM position and Marosi. They’re OK, but near the front of the line in terms of needing to be upgraded to get us to that next level.

Will be interesting when Rose is fit to see who if anyone drops out the team.
In respect to Rose, he was not fully fit when he first played this season. We need to wait until he's fully fit and played a run of games before making an assessment of his ability to compete at this level.

shmmeee

In respect to Rose, he was not fully fit when he first played this season. We need to wait until he's fully fit and played a run of games before making an assessment of his ability to compete at this level.

I expect he’ll be first choice. Because he was last season and Robins said he was looking it in training. I agree that his games so far aren’t a judge at all. Look at how Dabo came on with a few games under his belt. He looked like he’d won a competition first game back, looking close to his best again now.

Johhny Blue

it's tomorrow mate.
Did the same thing myself when we played Forest, got sat down and fired up the TV only to find out I had the wrong night!
At least you didn’t tune in on Wednesday for a Tuesday game. You’re in real trouble this week when we have a Wednesday game on Saturday

robbiethemole

From the CT site:- Huddersfield Town are without their first choice striker and goalkeeper for the match against the Sky Blues

Welcome to our world, we've been missing ours for a month now, are they trying to drum up sympathy for t' Udders?

Feck 'em

matesx

From the CT site:- Huddersfield Town are without their first choice striker and goalkeeper for the match against the Sky Blues

Welcome to our world, we've been missing ours for a month now, are they trying to drum up sympathy for t' Udders?

Feck 'em
A month? And the rest

Users who are viewing this thread