Match Thread Huddersfield (2 Viewers)

SkyblueTexan

Huddersfield strikers, Josh Koroma and Danny Ward, are out with hamstring injuries. Their goalie, Ben Hamer, was taken off halfway during their 5-0 defeat. Think their manager (ex-Leeds asst, Carlos Corberan) shuffled up his lineup for that game due to fixture congestion issues. So I don't know how much we can read into that 5-0 hammering they suffered. Every team is facing the same toll of injuries/fatigue due to this pileup in fixtures. Hope we can nick it 1-0 and keep the unbeaten run going. Kelly will be a big miss, but hopefully the rest of the team now knows how to manage games better and has a little more confidence in themselves.

AFCCOVENTRY

Surely the fact we had a long break before the season and have one of the youngest teams in the league is going to start being an advantage at some point

Yes and no. Issue is the sheer amount of games we are playing each week which is causing more injuries than normal in a season. Every club including us are suffering from it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Didn't we play these in a behind closed doors pre-season friendly earlier this year (think Juggy went to it)?

Brighton Sky Blue

Players are being run into the ground with this volume of fixtures. Should have accepted a late finish to this season which could steadily have been caught up with over time rather than forcing through a finish at the normal time.

Skybluefaz

Watched the highlights of their game yesterday and the way they let Stanislas waltz through them was criminal. They looked shite in defence, yes Bournemouth are good but they still gave them far too much time and space.

Garryb80

Players are being run into the ground with this volume of fixtures. Should have accepted a late finish to this season which could steadily have been caught up with over time rather than forcing through a finish at the normal time.
So they should delay the euros to fit our season in? All teams have the same schedule so hardly a disadvantage to anyone

oakey

So they should delay the euros to fit our season in? All teams have the same schedule so hardly a disadvantage to anyone
No reason why not, at all. Next season could start a month later OR they could have put more fixtures in March (currently 5) and April (currently 6) rather than have 8 in December.
More fans likely in midweek Spring matches also.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There may be a bit of a backlash from them given their poor result whereas i'm hoping we're not complacent from what was a quite poor performance but a win.

Instinct tells me we should go 2 up top for this - Biamou in for Shipley - but I'm most concerned about the the loss of Kelly. Sheaf isn't the same player and seemed quite rusty. Might be one of those players that needs to be playing regularly to keep his standards up. Tempted to bring Giles on on the left.

Hopeful of a win but not expecting it. Would be disappointed if we lost though.

Wilson
Dabo Hyam Fadz Osti Giles
Hamer Sheaf O'Hare
Walker Biamou​

Camp, Pask, McCallum, Dacosta, Shipley, Allen, Jobello, Bapaga, Baka

bawtryneal

No reason why not, at all. Next season could start a month later OR they could have put more fixtures in March (currently 5) and April (currently 6) rather than have 8 in December.
More fans likely in midweek Spring matches also.

The euros are next summer. This season cannot go on beyond current fixed date.

Sky Blue Harry H

Huddersfield like to play out from the back, so we need to press them, as apparently they give away a few chances through this (sound familiar?)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think it would be sensible to play 3412
Wilson
Osti Fadz Rose
Dabo Hamer Sheaf McCallum
O’hare
Walker Biamou

I reckon 1-0 either way if we win Walker will score if not they will score a penalty

Users who are viewing this thread