Match Thread Huddersfield (H) Mon 25/09 (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Carry On Mood GIF

Ill set em up…

Malaka

We need a win tonight to keep a bit of faith. It is gonna be tough tho. Can see another draw

BlueSkiesForever

I hope to god nobody dared celebrate getting to the Playoff Final & forgot that we lost to Reading in the December.... Grrrrr...

Mad The Simpsons GIF

Yeah slight bit of overkill on that one…
Not quite sure what you’re trying to infer from my previous comment but anyway, random gif aside, I was just saying Huddersfield are pretty shit, let’s not get ahead of ourselves if we win.

Fergusons_Beard

Got to play Bidwell & Dasilva rather than a midfielder/winger in a defensive role.

Rest Palmer-Ayari playing well and needs starts.

Controversial but Fadz needs a rest-Kitching starts for me-did enough to warrant his place.

Finally give Ellis a start. Cannot do any worse than Hadji.

Rest pick themselves-including Wilson who has saved us a few times but whose awful distribution continues to piss me right off.

Fucking hope that Robins has given up on Russel Martin ball. Possession based football without any movement, incisive play or attacking intent.

What are trying to do-bore the opposition to sleep by constantly knocking the ball between the back 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlueSkiesForever

Robins will be telling players they must dwell on the loss to Cardiff

Not so much dwell, maybe more “look at where we went wrong and let’s learn from our mistakes” which is basic human behaviour really.

There’s a weird trait on this forum where everyone picks out certain phrases from people’s comments and then takes them to the absolute extreme until it’s got nothing to do with what the original person meant. Strange what a conversation through a computer ends up becoming 😂

BlueSkiesForever

Got to play Bidwell & Dasilva rather than a midfielder/winger in a defensive role.

Rest Palmer-Ayari playing well and needs starts.

Controversial but Fadz needs a rest-Kitching starts for me-did enough to warrant his place.

Finally give Ellis a start. Cannot do any worse than Hadji.

Rest pick themselves-including Wilson who has saved us a few times but whose awful distribution continues to piss me right off.

Fucking hope that Robins has given up on Russel Martin ball. Possession based football without any movement, incisive play or attacking intent.

What are trying to do-bore the opposition to sleep by constantly knocking the ball between the back 3!
Completely agree, I’m hoping for a very different team sheet from the Cardiff game tonight.

SlowerThanPlatt

I just hope that if we win against Huddersfield tomorrow the team doesn’t suddenly forget that the previous 8 games only contained 1 win and some pretty poor performances. Not saying it’s easy to beat Huddersfield, and a win is a win of course, but they’ve just got a new manager and they’re basically a bottom 5 side anyway so it won’t be some sort of triumphant return to form. We’ll need to keep upping our performances and not rest on our laurels after this game as we have a load of tricky fixtures coming up.
I reckon we’ll smash Huddersfield 3-1 tomorrow but I just hope the performance from the Cardiff game doesn’t vanish from the memory of the team and fans.
Over the last 3 months of games they’re probably performing as a mid table side, whether that will level off now Warnock’s gone we’ll see

Offhegoes

gonna win 1-0 and Simms will break his duck
I hope so...Whilst Hadji was more expensive, Simms has proven already he will score goals in this division. I've thought he's been alright in all his performances this season, considering he's been starved of decent service for the most part. The issue we have is that with Matty Godden in the team you need a player who will buzz around and create. I don't think that's Simms or Wright's game. All 3 would be more effective as a lone frontman, behind 2 AMs.

shmmeee

They count just as much as points earned later in the season. I would take a bad performance and a win every time.

I mean I’d take it over a bad performance and a loss! I just think fans need to see this team click a bit. But maybe they just need to see them win.

edgy

Although I'd like to see Da Silva cover at RWB and Bidwell LWB, I think it unlikely. We haven't seen that option used as yet, even when there have been opportunities to do it.

PVA

Although I'd like to see Da Silva cover at RWB and Bidwell LWB, I think it unlikely. We haven't seen that option used as yet, even when there have been opportunities to do it.

Yes I think Eccles, Latibeadiere and Sakamoto would all be picked at RWB ahead of Dasilva. I could be wrong though.

SkyBlueSoul

Going to be optimistic about tonight. Although MR is a stubborn arse sometimes, at least after Cardiff he highlighted specific problems and has said he wants to do something about it. Can only work with what he's got and his hands are tied with injuries but I'm hoping him and Adi come up with something, if only to make the M6 more bearable.

1-0 City

Matt smith

I like to give the benefit of the doubt to players where I can but Palmer has been shocking last two games
Very poor, he flatters to deceive.

give me Jamie Allen every day of the week, obviously had his unfortunate health issues but you can normally rely on him and know what you’re going to get.

Palmer is made of glass and overrated by the fan base imo

Martin180

Very poor, he flatters to deceive.

give me Jamie Allen every day of the week, obviously had his unfortunate health issues but you can normally rely on him and know what you’re going to get.

Palmer is made of glass and overrated by the fan base imo
He has ability and can put in a performance but they are becoming few and far between

Users who are viewing this thread